wiki engine?

Acro

Self-requested Deactivation
Society
Freelancer
Acronoid
Does anyone know which wiki engine is used on pe-wiki/entropiawiki.com?
And how much work in customization has been done over the years?
And whether these customizations have been written in php?

Thank you in advance for answering
Acronoid

anyone?

The pages are of .aspx extension so I guess most of the custom code is in ASP.NET. And I bet there a ton of custom code there.

About the wiki-cms, I have no clue. Looking at how the html is built must be pretty damn old tho.

im pretty sure its mediawiki (same as wikipedia)
and im also pretty sure it has been heavily customized

hmm, kay; but mediawiki is php so either o2 or narfi is right.
And since it is aspx; and I'm not supposing it uses php (it is possible, but who would???) an a page with aspx as extension.
This might lead to the conclusion that the server is a windows server? Well atleast, on linux one wouldn't bother with aspx I guess (although it is possible to some extend)

ok, let me first slap myself for not seeing the aspx extension :duh:

And secondly, if it is true that the pages are build on .net framework (VS) my question has been solved. :(
I'll just have to look into another wiki-engine in which tables and statistics could be shown as easily as on entropedia.

Not really sure what you are looking for, but the wiki at entropiaplanets.com is build on wikimedia and has the Semantic Media Wiki extension, which makes it pretty easy to do all sorts of tables, provided you have the data in the wiki and a little know-how on how SMW works.

Much thanks razor. After seeing the tables; I must say I'm very impressed.
Tables look very clean, and seeing SMW handles data, it might be something more useful than a pure wiki.

>>>BIG THANKS<<<

I can tell you it is a 100% more useful than a standard wiki and still has the benefits of being able to use standard wiki stuff so anyone can edit it and add new tables and other stuff.

If you need any help, let me know.

I can tell you it is a 100% more useful than a standard wiki and still has the benefits of being able to use standard wiki stuff so anyone can edit it and add new tables and other stuff.

If you need any help, let me know.

Thanks; I'll try it out myself first. :)

zeer wel bedankt alvast :)

Back