Teaser!

Status
To all whiners.
I really understand that you are unhappy about some things that are not addressed, BUT:

spend couple of minutes to understand that you are barking at wrong tree!

Kim is Calypso Developer, what he posted in this teaser is about Calypso PP Content Release.
And it's more that just map upgrade.

All your complains about all other stuff does not belong in this thread. There are other threads specific to all of those complaints, why you wanna pollute every damn thread with the same negativity???

Excessive whiners - why you still play the game and use this forums is beyond me, if I was so unhappy about product I would leave it long time ago.
Unless you deliberately wanna hurt community and game, if so you should be banned!

I think Serica has a point...

... and I for one am tired of watching you guys pounce on every single post made by a PCF employee and bang on about MA responsibilities.

You treat this board like a MA board when it's a PCF board.

If you limited yourself to posting all your unhappiness in the threads you already have (many of which I already have subscribed on my lists anyway) and staying focussed on bumping those threads and growing them, and following them through, we'd probably be fine.

But if you do actually want communication from the PC team (and thank you Kim, for the teaser screenie and info) then you have to accept that your inability to refrain from negative ON EVERY THREAD THEY START does not generate the sort of positive mood and attitude on their side of the fence to share more with you.

You need to learn to grow up, all of you, and realise that the people running Planet Calypso READ THESE BOARDS. DAILY. They have already read your main argument thread. They have watched you devolve into a sad little troll-fest or flamewar and wander off on multiple random tangents.

Unlike me who comes here for basic information and can cherry-pick the posts I want to read, some of them are probably basically required to read all the stuff you spew out here.

They therefore read all your little conspiracy theories, and if I were them, I would probably have a very clear profile of all the active, vocal, board members by now. So clear, they might be tempted to simply ignore almost any opinion you had because some of you are just never satisfied. Even when you get what you asked for, you find something new to whine about, or some detail of the system is not to your liking...

So anyway. What I wanted to suggest was: become more adult in your approach to your membership on a PLANET-PARTNER forum. Take your grievances about the platform to the PLATFORM-level forum (www.entropiaforum.com) and if you would like to drum up noise about an issue to MINDARK, consider actually organising some more people to duplicate their PCF accounts on EF and get the thread support and issue support you would like, there.

To repeat though: we (all breathing members of this planet partner forum) know you have various issues with the SYSTEMS AVAILABLE in the game. WE KNOW you have issues with balancing, and governance, and (the list is impressive...)

But none of that stuff is actually THIS PLANET PARTNER'S BAG.

Kim and the PC-team are responsible for the development of CONTENT AND DESIGN / IN WORLD DEVELOPMENT of the Planet Calypso.

Please try to be more adult and stop dragging every thread topic you currently think is "not answered to your satisfaction" into threads that are offered by the team as a positive effort at communication.

It's not helping your cause, and TBH I'd have preferred she'd culled about 3 quarters of the previous threads responses because they wasted my time on my lunch hour. I've already read all your complaints and I wanted to read a discussion about the new Teaser items, not a tired rehash of your current wishlists.

Thanks, and apologies for my rant. I know it's also off-topic other than my thanks to Kim for the info - and that I happen to like the idea that is being floated: that we will get enriched maps.

Next step - rough markers for mob spawns!

Back on thread topic...

Good teaser. This portion of Eudoria was due for an overhaul and shows plenty of new environments and content to explore.

Quite certain this is not a new in-game mapping system or map UI, but is a screenie to show content from a plan or within a Dev/Design environment.

If it is a new mapping system - which would be an MA release (not a Caly one) - having the space map navigable in 3D would be a welcome surprise.

Last edited:
These villages...could it be that this is where CLD owners rush to build a home?

1. Welcome to the CLD landgrab system! You have selected a claim for your avatar, please place 9 CLD in the GUI box and press OK

2. "Puts CLD in window and presses OK"

3. Congratulations! You are now a house owning citizen!

4. Hmm, wait, where are the CLD's , arent they returned?

5. Did i just buy a shitty house for 9 CLD?

The new creature spawners have been carefully planned so as to avoid encountering creatures with extreme level differences in the same place. Hopefully this will result in fewer players becoming trapped at remote outposts.

Green: Very Easy
Blue: Easy
Yellow: Medium
Red: Hard
Purple: Very Hard

Reactions: Cly
Bugs ect. all in due time i guess, "teaser" looking good.

While I do understand the frustration many of you feel regarding the lack of bug fixes and delays in promised features I hope you can understand that none of this can be addressed by the Planet Calypso development team.

What we and any planet partner can do is essentially limited to level design plus some balancing, this is about as much as mod teams can do in most regular games. If you have concerns regarding the main product then you need to contact MindArk about that.

Please read the following dev notes about the next platform update, there's a lot of bug fixes in it.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2013/08/28/Developer-Notes--6.xml

Reactions: 711

Will those 2 different display happen or you are just suggesting possibilities and choose after ?

The marker map would be my preference, as long we can display things by categories (and not all at once), and we can customize it.

Now a difficulty mob area, I don't really see the need of that, since it completly removes the pleasure to explore and discover areas.

These are screenshots from the game design tool we're using and not of anything in-game.

The new creature spawners have been carefully planned so as to avoid encountering creatures with extreme level differences in the same place. Hopefully this will result in fewer players becoming trapped at remote outposts.

Sounds good. I hope these are also mainly single mob spawns rather than having different creatures mixed together in the same area.

What we and any planet partner can do is essentially limited to level design plus some balancing

Thanks Kim for the Calytrek MKII TEN I will be looting tonight:cool:

Looking forward to checking this out :)

What happens to mobs that have been dragged from one spawn to another? - For example, there seems to be a Caperon Young that likes to hide between the Daikis and Exas in the Icarus area from time to time :rolleyes:

Looking forward to checking this out :)

What happens to mobs that have been dragged from one spawn to another? - For example, there seems to be a Caperon Young that likes to hide between the Daikis and Exas in the Icarus area from time to time :rolleyes:

Well...you're fu**ed!:laugh:

Sounds good. I hope these are also mainly single mob spawns rather than having different creatures mixed together in the same area.

As long as there is some mixing...

It looks and feels more realistic when there are at least some areas with prey and predator creatures mixed (like the corn/bery mix near Zeus, or how Longu often are near Sabakuma) than if they all spawn in thick non-mixed clumps with a kilometer between :)

It looks and feels more realistic when there are at least some areas with prey and predator creatures mixed

You see, this is the drawback of doing a rhetorical training at your university.. it makes you believe that what you think is right.

I present you a picture of a real herd:

http://www.sturgisphoto.net/gallery/albums/Black Hills/normal_buffalo herd 24x36 240dpi.jpg

Do you spot any predators inside?

Let's try another:

http://www.albertfoto.nl/data/3427/cache/344572m708j500p2.jpg

Hmmm?

"REALISTIC" is a herd of mobs with few predators following it at some distance or taking bits from the edges. No need to mix them at all, and surely a mix of 25% predators and 75% prey will lead to prey extinction quite fast.

"REALISTIC" is a herd of mobs with few predators following it at some distance or taking bits from the edges. No need to mix them at all, and surely a mix of 25% predators and 75% prey will lead to prey extinction quite fast.

I never said they had to be completely mixed (or that it had to apply to all spawns)... As long as the spawns do not feel like some kind of zoo.

When in land areas, you usually have one area, one mob, and no other mob in sight (there are exceptions of course). If wild spawns are all like that, then it's no fun. This is one of the reasons I did not like hunting on Arkadia much - there was no mix at all, anywhere I went.

Obviously, I'm not going to hunt Cornundacauda in a spawn if 25-50% of the mobs are Atrox either, but if there are a few Atrox at the corner of the spawn it adds more realism and another layer to gaming (gotta watch out so you don't go too close to that spawn either).

Now, this is my opinion, and a topic that does deserve some discussion. I'd thank you to stop with the personal attacks just because you do not agree or don't like me.

So, umm... seriously, am I the only one who thinks that if and when Calypso developers give us sneak peeks into what is coming, then the very act should always be welcomed ? If we want them to communicate, they should have the freedom to show off what they do and we should give them feedback actually relating to that, not generic "hey MA! we hate your guts, why don't your fix some bugs!", never mind that those bugs will not ever be relevant for PP releases.

Having originally posted the question, if we can get a sneak peek, I feel let down by you all.

I'd thank you to stop with the personal attacks just because you do not agree or don't like me.

Believe me, I'm trying hard but sometimes cannot stop myself, and I'm not being sarcastic. Is not only you, but let's say I'm seeing you as belonging to a group of 4-5 people here (you share similar traits, location and a high horse, in my opinion). Is not a personal attack , is an attack to what I perceive as modus operandi. Was neg rep on it before, which just confirmed me some things.

On topic - MA should really pay attention to player grievances. Showing us a new map with new names and 4 tunnels is not making players forget about bugs and abuses left unsolved for months, culminating now with the response about crafting system: "it's dynamic, naah naah nah na na nah, what you will do about it?"

Improvements - hell yes, but not when older things are left in disarray.

As long as there is some mixing...

It looks and feels more realistic when there are at least some areas with prey and predator creatures mixed (like the corn/bery mix near Zeus, or how Longu often are near Sabakuma) than if they all spawn in thick non-mixed clumps with a kilometer between :)

Realism is not important. Gameplay is.

cf. all of the most successful games ever made.

So, umm... seriously, am I the only one who thinks that if and when Calypso developers give us sneak peeks into what is coming, then the very act should always be welcomed ? If we want them to communicate, they should have the freedom to show off what they do and we should give them feedback actually relating to that, not generic "hey MA! we hate your guts, why don't your fix some bugs!", never mind that those bugs will not ever be relevant for PP releases.

Having originally posted the question, if we can get a sneak peek, I feel let down by you all.

We'll i guess if there was an actually thread where they do discuss things with us it would probably take place in there but there isn't so it flows over into whatever thread they actually do start.

If you buy a dud KFC burger with a chicken foot in it do you go to KFC HQ to complain? no you go to the counter of the store and they sort it out and will escalate it for you to KFC HQ if it is a problem with the main system.. which a chicken foot would be i assume. Where as planet partners pass the buck and say nothing we can do we're lemmings yet they are a franchise just as a kfc is..

How they can run a business with no idea on what MA have in the pipeline or are doing is beyond me.

(disclaimer: No chickens were harmed in this silly post)

I feel let down by you so were even.

Last edited:
We'll i guess if there was an actually thread where they do discuss things with us it would probably take place in there but there isn't so it flows over into whatever thread they actually do start.

If you buy a dud KFC burger with a chicken foot in it do you go to KFC HQ to complain? no you go to the counter of the store and they sort it out and will escalate it for you to KFC HQ if it is a problem with the main system.. which a chicken foot would be i assume. Where as planet partners pass the buck and say nothing we can do we're lemmings yet they are a franchise just as a kfc is..

How they can run a business with no idea on what MA have in the pipeline or are doing is beyond me.

(disclaimer: No chickens were harmed in this silly post)

I feel let down by you so were even.

I'm not saying that its a good way of doing things but thats how the system is set up and we all just wallow in it until there's a change.

KFC burger with a chicken foot in it

But that would be proof they indeed use the said animal part and not some gooey cell-growth in a lab :)

I want my chicken foot in game, and a voodoo doll with pins! I just want to send a message to some people :yup:

MA does not need really a thread to discuss with players, they should solve their organizational issues inside the Support Department. It seems they decided to take the path alone, and develop their product without polling the market.

Or maybe their market is just a select group of customers, and they tailor the game to those suggestions?

Twice now I was killed by a ninja invisible mob. First time I was in PVP not lootable, and I was suspecting foul play from someone (but no green dot on my map). Second time was regular field, I returned to the spot only to find several new mobs. I do not even bother to report these kind of bugs - an official page with known and reported bugs would be nice

Nice! And it's looking great btw!!

I'm not saying that its a good way of doing things but thats how the system is set up and we all just wallow in it until there's a change.

Forgive me, as I do appreciate the sneak peaks, and i believe this new increased level of communication is a good thing, even if we do use it sometimes as a tool with which to bludgeon you, but as a Mindark executive, don't you have the power to say "Let's stop wallowing and fix some things?"

Here in your 1st post/main thread

Enjoy this little teaser from our next content release!

Map with interesting locations marked.
Creature Danger Map

And I suppose a direct answer to my post #78

These are screenshots from the game design tool we're using and not of anything in-game.

I must say i'm a bit confused now,
and a lot of people seem to think this will happen, as I did.

ehm... With that you mean that the in game maps have not been changed and the tags and "mob danger map" are only a visual effect used in the game design tool?

What we and any planet partner can do is essentially limited to level design plus some balancing, this is about as much as mod teams can do in most regular games. If you have concerns regarding the main product then you need to contact MindArk about that.

SO...you mean we need to contact MindArks community manager ... oh wait ... never mind.

Status
Back