Teaser!

Status

Kim|MindArk

Former Planet Calypso Official
Enjoy this little teaser from our next content release!

Map with interesting locations marked.

Update 09/17

Creature Danger Map

Update 09/20

Mutant Tent Concept

Last edited:
Hall of the Mountain King sounds like an instance :smoke:

Whats caused the Cornith Peninsula to reshape? Asteroid strike perhaps?

Someone forgot to flush in that area i guess :D
looks promissing but how about info about the promissed release :rolleyes:

This look interesting.
First time I see a sneak preview about something PE/EU related for as long I can remember (well, except cryengine).

Looks are great , hope i still keep the tp next to my hanger though.
See a lot of tunnels and a lot of places where there is something to do.

And i like the more activity from kim here on the forum.
Keep it up.

Why did i even think it for a second :) oh well.. nice map.

finally a map update :)

These, I assume, will be attached to those non-tradeable token missions you were talking about a couple weeks ago?

Yay looks great :yay:

maybe some aliens attack from space , that whoud be epic :yay:

Map labeling try

Green looks like toponimic;
Blue, revivals (OP and TP);
Yellow, housing (cities, hangars);
Purple - ?POI? or ?missions?;
Red - ?missions? or ??

Now this is interesting. Very interesting :)

A few questions though:
* So corinth area is improved by the looks of it. Does this mean the whole of eudoria has been improved/developed?
* The green glabels seem to be place names. One green label at the top is chopped. Is this on purpose to hide the name?
* Are purple labels for a particular type of instance? Are these solo only?
* Blue labels seem to be outposts/tp's that we are familiar with except half moon bay which is new?
* Are the red labels to indicate epic quests/instances? i.e. more difficult ones? Can these only be done in teams?
* The yellow labels seem to be housing areas. Are any of those new?
* There are a few tunnels labelled are those also some type of instances?

Lots of tunnels and caves...looks interesting ;)

Nice for sure. But do we need a new map? Other things to focus on?

how about melee amps now that you made the gap with blp/laser weapons/AMPS even bigger?
Also still no real use for my USELESS sala set...

Purple - daily missions
Red - wave events

Looking good. Really appreciated, must have been hard work. I just hope that it's not just this server. :D New mob and mineral spawns too?

so they are playing with calypso landscape while theres shitload of bugs out there waiting to be fixed forever ?

One thing I can tell you about is that I'm experimenting with the concept of dynamic creature camps. If it all works out you shouldn't be surprised if you stumble upon a mutant camp with some bosses and lootable chests the next time you hunt after the release!

I hope to have more stuff to tell you in one or two weeks.

Cheers,
Kim

These camps can move around between various locations in an area and as such create the appearance of them being nomadic, this combined with lootable boxes and rare mobs/bosses could really make the world feel more alive.

Enjoy this little teaser from our next content release!

:D .... I think we have a new Calypso to be discovered !!! yay :)

Looks like I'll be postponing that trip to Arkadia, again. :laugh:

so they are playing with calypso landscape while theres shitload of bugs out there waiting to be fixed forever ?

Yes, but at the same time no since these are different type of developers. See you can look at it as they were getting kind of bored waiting for MA to fix the bug so they just started working on the landscape more. :)

Edit: also if you do find some odd landscape bugs, you can always post them here and Kim will fix them faster and probably be a bit more social as well. So find those miss placed tree and post them here and yes, they will be fixed!

Not sure I see anything exciting here, but:

Congrats on new labels....must have been alot of work picking the colors.

As far as I remember, all of these things exist already in that area, they just aren't labeled on the map currently.

so its like a new fancy waypoint marker that we can look forward too after months of no news from MA?

Awesome.

Not sure I see anything exciting here, but:

Congrats on new labels....must have been alot of work picking the colors.

As far as I remember, all of these things exist already in that area, they just aren't labeled on the map currently.

so its like a new fancy waypoint marker that we can look forward too after months of no news from MA?

Awesome.

And people wonder why MA/PCAB aren't more active on the forums :rolleyes:

Nice to see there's work being done on the landscape, mapping, etc.

How are the teams doing that are working on bugs, taming, melee amps, IMPROVED LOOT, etc? Are they working just as hard as you guys/gals are? Lets hope so!

Menace

Pretty please can we have Edvard Grieg "In the Hall of the Mountain King" as optional background music. He died in 1907 so there is no hassle with copyrights.

Status
Back