Info: Calypso Teleporters and Teleporter Runs: A Beginner's Guide

i just started and I certainly do not have any extra teleporters. I have Camp Icarus and thats it.

There's no Port Atlantis Marina tp anymore, so to get New Oxford and TI City you have to go to Port Atlantis on your own and talk to the Immigration Officer near the piers (and don't forget to unlock PA's tps while there). Half Moon Bay and Minopolis disappeared from the map for everyone after the last VU, tps are physically there but you have to visit them to unlock.

I have added a temporary note addressing this issue. Since I am not quite sure what changes were introduced on purpose and what happened by mistake, I will wait a bit until I update the guide.

I have added a temporary note addressing this issue. Since I am not quite sure what changes were introduced on purpose and what happened by mistake, I will wait a bit until I update the guide.

i spent the first 2 hours trying to figure out why I didnt have them. Reinstalled the game twice because I thought I was bugged lol. The guide for getting the rest of the TPs was awesome though. Also my mentor told me to get a Sleipner Mk1 and it was the best purchase I have made so far. Havent been killed once while grabbing TPs. Just fly to the /locs, land, and hit T.

i spent the first 2 hours trying to figure out why I didnt have them. Reinstalled the game twice because I thought I was bugged lol.

Sorry about that!

The tricky thing about writing and maintaining a guide like this is that things tend to randomly get messed up every now and then during an update and that there are also permanent changes that are not in the vu notes we get after the update.

So keeping up with changes and figuring out when to update can be a bit of a challenge.

Also my mentor told me to get a Sleipner Mk1 and it was the best purchase I have made so far. Havent been killed once while grabbing TPs. Just fly to the /locs, land, and hit T.

Yes, that's the fast forward version of a tp run. :laugh:

Last edited:
Great work, OP!

1. Why isnt this stickied?
2. Any plans to add more teleporters? For example Nymphtown is a good one to have because its near a great spot to do the Combibo Iron Mission.

2. Any plans to add more teleporters? For example Nymphtown is a good one to have because its near a great spot to do the Combibo Iron Mission.

I am open to suggestions.

The tps you find on my list so far are either fairly easy to reach or useful for new players (or both). And at some point I decided that I did not want to put people off by including too many tps.

But I agree that Nymphtown is a nice tp to have. So let me check if I can find a good route to get there. :)

Absolutely Brilliant Nisha!!

The best part of this game back when I joined in 2005 was exploration, running TP's getting stuck at an outpost, making friends, joining "Running to XXX, who wants to join" parties and learning the mobs and the landscape.

All lost with the advent of flying vehicles.

I love the fact that you have done this guide and I hope many take the time to run :)

Absolutely Brilliant Nisha!!

The best part of this game back when I joined in 2005 was exploration, running TP's getting stuck at an outpost, making friends, joining "Running to XXX, who wants to join" parties and learning the mobs and the landscape.

All lost with the advent of flying vehicles.

I love the fact that you have done this guide and I hope many take the time to run :)
Seconded! Ty for the guide! :yay:

It appears that the PA Immigration Official has stopped giving out TPs. Not sure when he stopped, but newbies going to see him on March 7th 2015, and up to today get NO TPs from him. This is going to make it REAL hard for newbies to get to the Ambulimax sweating areas on Amethera continent.

It appears that the PA Immigration Official has stopped giving out TPs. Not sure when he stopped, but newbies going to see him on March 7th 2015, and up to today get NO TPs from him. This is going to make it REAL hard for newbies to get to the Ambulimax sweating areas on Amethera continent.

I'm aware of the problem. However, from what I heard some avas still get the tps and only some do not.

Anyone got more information about the situation?

They have implemented some changes with todays VU. The Port Atlantis Immigration Official is gone, and the Port Atlantis Official now has a mission to 'find the teleporter technician'. When you then talk to the teleporter technician, you receive some TPs, and instructions to interact with the teleporter ... text from the teleporter indicates you should have received New Oxford, Half Moon Cove, and Atlantis Archipelago TPs ... maybe some others ... I can t tell since I have all those TPs except Half Moon Cove.

There is also a Cape Corinth Official, that can give you a similar mission, that goes to a teleporter technician in Cape Corinth.

If I have understood correctly, the 'new' Half Moon Bay area serves as an alternate newbie area (for when Icarus is overloaded) and Cape Corinth will be to HMB, what PA is to Icarus.

They have implemented some changes with todays VU. The Port Atlantis Immigration Official is gone, and the Port Atlantis Official now has a mission to 'find the teleporter technician'. When you then talk to the teleporter technician, you receive some TPs, and instructions to interact with the teleporter ... text from the teleporter indicates you should have received New Oxford, Half Moon Cove, and Atlantis Archipelago TPs ... maybe some others ... I can t tell since I have all those TPs except Half Moon Cove.

There is also a Cape Corinth Official, that can give you a similar mission, that goes to a teleporter technician in Cape Corinth.

If I have understood correctly, the 'new' Half Moon Bay area serves as an alternate newbie area (for when Icarus is overloaded) and Cape Corinth will be to HMB, what PA is to Icarus.

Thanks for all the information. Will be ingame in a few to check out those changes.

Update

I have updated the guide to reflect the recent changes regarding the first tps available to new players.

There are still a few more sections I need to check/revise, so please be patient while update is in progress. :)

Update complete

The update of the guide is finally complete. There was outdated information in most of the posts as a lot has changed since I wrote the original version.

The section about the first tps had to be re-written completely. The procedure how to unlock the first tps is different now, and some of the tps you can unlock are different. Therefore, the runs which used beginner's tps that are not unlocked with the new procedure had to be modified. Also, the Cape Corinth area has changed and a tp was added.

There is a new tp run and some additional information in the sweater/swunter section.

I have added a few chat channels and what you have to type to join them.

Unfortunately I had to delete the map links because they were broken. :( If someone knows a good, accessible Calypso map, please let me know.

I have not forgotten about the request to add a tp run to Nymphtown. At the moment, however, there is no route I would like to recommend.

The original route to Nymphtown used to be Tukar – Nymphtown. But now some of the changes in this area have made it nearly impossible to get from Tukar to Nymphtown on foot or by car. The southern shore of the Nymphtown lake is guarded by high maturity Argonauts. You can sneak through the Snablesnot/Berycled spawn to the west of the lake, but the Rippersnappers in the lake are very likely to get you if you try to swim the remainder of the distance. If you get killed or press 'T' in that area, you revive at Chateau Liberte in the middle of the lake now, not at Nymphtown. I have also tried to sneak along the foot of the cliff in an attempt to avoid both the Berycled and the Rippers, only to find out that the cliff is bugged and I got stuck. :( The only option was to press 'T' and I revived on the island in the lake.

To avoid this, I tried a route from the north: From Caravan to Minopolis and along the coast to Nymphtown. It worked well until the devs decided to put a bot spawn in the area and a mobile revive which covers most of the east coast. It is possible to reach Nymphtown from there, but because of the mobs there I do not really recommend this run for new players.

Huge + rep!

Keep the spirit alive!

Lootius Be With You ;-)

:yup:

October 2016 update

Guide is up-to-date for the time being. :yay:

Posts #1, 4, 5 and 6 have been updated to reflect the changes in the former Fort Isis area, which is now Hestia/Fort Lahar. The Hestia tp makes it a lot easier to unlock tps between Orthos, Chug's and Zychion.

I also revised the passages concerning the tps new players can unlock by talking to the tp technician. My impression is that there have been a couple of changes over time, but I have not been able to keep track. Since the technician NPC does not talk to me anymore, I cannot check possible changes myself. So I have to find a new player every time who is willing to help me.

Titles and links to posts have been updated accordingly.

Run to Nea's removed from guide

I have removed the Nea's run from the guide due to the freshly arrived Snarg population at LA #64.

Last edited:
You have spend a great deal of work in this! Good Job indeed!:yup:
Gtz and +rep

Back