So many people selling CLD cheap

AxeMurderer

Elite
Wand AxeMurderer Silva
So many people selling CLD cheaper 1 day before huge update :scratch2:
Anything I am missing?

Suspicion...

... would be they are looking for fast cash to spend on hunting or similar after the VU to try and get "leet drops".

3 types of people:

1)People thinking the couple weeks of low payouts are bad and sell
Mixed with:
2)People returning from summer where their avatar hibernated on CLDs
Mixed with:
3)People who were buying CLDs during their scarce moment during summer @ 1550, etc, now saying oh shit when it goes back down to 1450 or whatever it was during spring

All these people together looks like a lot. :)
It will settle down in a couple weeks.

1500 PED and below is cheaper than last week I think.

but if they are selling to hunt after the big VU I am happy to make my next depo.

I was thinking if they know the game will go down and never go live again

So many people selling CLD cheaper 1 day before huge update :scratch2:
Anything I am missing?

I don't think your missing anything tbh, people usually get anxious and start theories of doom and gloom before and after big updates and whenever the payout go small for a period or there are proposed loot changes :)

All is good, the price I believe is a bit unreasonable ~1500 ped, but that is personal opinion. 1250 maybe will be a reasonable time to start buying them again. But you know, it builds up and then eventually the bubble bursts.

It is a natural cycle, you just need a few years to wait patiently to see what happens to them :)

Hopefully they make CLDs useful - eg. House building plots using crafted materials and materials foraged for, eg timber cut using melee weapons/tools, etc.

I for one am selling CLDs to buy imk2

CLD is a highly speculative item (especially with the reduced auction fees). How is this surprising? Prices do not always go up indefinitely you know.

CLD is a highly speculative item (especially with the reduced auction fees). How is this surprising? Prices do not always go up indefinitely you know.

Of course they do! Just look at the housing market! People will always need a home, so there is no way prices of houses will go down!

[/sarcasm]

Please, Mr Murderer...

I was thinking if they know the game will go down and never go live again

I see that for you, there is a constant fear that "Entropia may end" and perhaps that "you will be left holding the can".

I would like to invite you to stop worrying about this. To stop panicking every 5 days, because this sort of thing is not good for your health in the long term. Seriously. High levels of stress increase blood pressure, and in the long run work to reduce your life span. It's just not worth it.

I understand that you may feel there is a lot at risk IF everything goes tits up tomorrow...
I understand that you may feel you have a lot invested in this "game".

The good news is - you are not alone.
Not in your concern that things may go tits up, and not in your level of investment, either.

HOWEVER I need to offer you some basic facts to help understand Entropia...
- you joined in 2010... that makes you a relative new-comer to this game.
- people have been worrying about the game's demise ever since it started but it's 10 years old now.
- that means that for 7 years BEFORE you joined, people were having the same fears
- IE: it has been going three times as long as you've even been around
- Entropia goes through up and down periods. Some of these are seasonal, some of these are global-event based, some of these are Sweden-local and some of these are US-dollar related.

None of that matters as long as you accept and come to understand: Entropia goes through up and down periods, just like everything else in life. There are business opportunities at every stage of that cycle, and sadly quite a few of them are from people who run in fear at the first sign of a down trend in ANYTHING.

I will try to make this short now, but in essence I wanted to say:
- Stop worrying about whether Entropia is going to crash
- Worry ONLY about whether your own personal investment is too high for you to sleep soundly.

If it is, then reduce it or stop depositing for a while. You should NOT invest (in any area of your RL life, not just EU) more money than you are comfortable with losing completely tomorrow.

I also don't think any other random commodity re-seller in the game will have more advance warning than you or I about an imminent collapse of the game, should that ever occur (which I don't foresee at this time) - so you need to stop worrying that other people know more about this sort of thing than you do.

Have faith in yourself.

[ NOTE 1 for the record: ]
I DON'T believe for an instant that a big infrastructure updates means the servers will never come back up (because that's just silly - it probably means that they are installing new servers, aiming to test load balancing, moving or re-dividing virtual server areas between machines, and so on).

Did you also notice that the amount sold went up a lot as well. So that means people are still very eager to buy on the slightest dip. That's a very assuring sight. So I wouldn't worry too much about this slight dip in price.

I stopped my doom thinking a long time ago...

im not sure that 1500 ped a pop is cheap.

they used to sell around 1200 when payout was stable at 4.5-5 ped, now when they give 3.5 they trade for just below 1500, does it make sense?, hell no, will time auto adjust irregularities in a financial market, hell yeah.

when payout is good, ppl hausse cld´s in the weekly revenue thread, when payout is bad that thread gets silence and other threads are started to support the cld value indirectly.

I would not buy CLD´s in the current state even if i was offered to buy them for 1200 each.

I took the opportunity to buy 9 more CLD since they are still on my buy list

Sell high buy low. Ill buy again when low. GL all.

I took the opportunity to buy 9 more CLD since they are still on my buy list

I'm so proud of you George! Or wait... is it just for the house you hope to build on it in the future?:scratch2:

Personally I'm happy the price is going down, makes it cheaper for me to acquire some more.

Reasons it is going down are probably due to people reselling the ones they bought a year ago at 50% profit, and people with short term vision 'panicking' over a few weeks of low payouts.

I'm so proud of you George! Or wait... is it just for the house you hope to build on it in the future?:scratch2:
I already have some houses besides a castle would be a bit more grand than a house :)
Apart from building I may just be tempted to grow some exotic plants like tobacco, marijuana, tomatoes, cabbages, onions or maybe a pizza plant eh it is sci-fi so i'm sure we can have a pizza plant :)

All really depends on what we are allowed to do or not do on our land.

Personally I'm happy the price is going down, makes it cheaper for me to acquire some more.

Reasons it is going down are probably due to people reselling the ones they bought a year ago at 50% profit, and people with short term vision 'panicking' over a few weeks of low payouts.

Sounds sensible enough.

Are they under 1500ped ? :)

Time to Deposite and get a hand of this cheap CLDs !! :)

im not sure that 1500 ped a pop is cheap.

What I was going to say. When I read the title of the thread I thought they were being sold for 1100. :laugh:

They're basically like stocks in the company, so it's not surprising that the value dips during a time period when many people are (more than usual) unhappy with loot.

Sold off a few (32) myself. Timing had nothing to do with EU though. I bought my lion's share when they dropped to about 1100-1200 from the buyback from Maximum Overdrive. I've enjoyed steady returns and saw inflation value them an additional 300 PED ea. than what I paid. RL has been a little hectic and I have a RL credit card I'd like to kill off so I just decided now was a good time to do it.

I haven't completely liquidated, still have a lot of skin (and more CLDs) in the game like many others.
No worries mate. It's not dying, nobody's abandoning ship.

Looking forward to see how it runs after they finish the hardware update of 14.3 :)

Last edited:
What I was going to say. When I read the title of the thread I thought they were being sold for 1100. :laugh:

They're basically like stocks in the company, so it's not surprising that the value dips during a time period when many people are (more than usual) unhappy with loot.

At 1100 I would even be tempted to consider expanding my CLD stake.

Back