FYI: Entropia Universe 14.3 Bugs

loren

Stalker
Loren
Been on game for a short time and find when shooting mobs i'm swinging left and right, very annoying..

Entropia Universe 14.3 Bugs

- Hunting

- Immortal space revive bug

- Female coats still bugged - clothing/texture bugs still not fixed.

- Perseus armour helmet has black streaks?

- Items in apartments keep vanishing and take awhile to load

- Getting disconnected then when back on game half dead mobs are gone

- Mining Finders still bugged - don't retain the probe type last used by that Finder

- /pos not working in Soc chat

- avatars being booted from noob rig every few mins and reloing at random local locations.

-TP bug : when using teleporter, after chosing destination and executing, there is blurring animation/effect (like it used to be) and then for few seconds you are back in normal vision where you have been and only after that you tp to destination. If you move away from tp during this time (after blur, before tp), tp sequence is stopped without any message.

Not sure if any of the above have been fixed?

If anyone would like to keep this post updated that's fine by me just get a mod to sort it.

Last edited:
yeah me too - complete 180 a few times

Been on game for a short time and find when shooting mobs i'm swinging left and right, very annoying..

Known issue, they are working on it.

I would recommend to use first person camera or over the shoulder camera when hunting till a proper fix is implemented to avoid smashing the keyboard (like I did)

Cheers!

I would recommend to use first person camera or over the shoulder camera when hunting till a proper fix is implemented to avoid smashing the keyboard (like I did)

Cheers!

haha OK hope you fix it soon, will you be working on that tomorrow or we have to wait until another update?

And thanks for the reply

Lagging while switching to tagger, and while looting a mob.

Love the new progress thing :) The "Lock" button doesn't seem to work

haha OK hope you fix it soon, will you be working on that tomorrow or we have to wait until another update?

And thanks for the reply

Actually, we have been working on it since the last week.

Cheers

Cheers!

Have tried 1st person same thing for me, annoying as hell indeed.

Goodnight all & gl.

Cheers!

recommendation doesnt work..

The hitbox is way too small

probably something to do with the scopes

make hitbox big again, this is a hunting stopper.

and not the swinging itself is a problem, the way too small hitbox is.

dont mess with hitboxes please, it stops the cash flow in hunting.

first we have a shutdown from a day to be finally back and see there is no reason to hunt at all. not funnie

edit: its the best way to do it for as long as the problem is here.

and dev team is working hard i think. Good communication btw.

Last edited:
the hitbox seems to be 1 single point in the exact middle of the mob. harder to even click on to target.

edit: oh. and 4 disconnects in 20 mins. trying 32bit client

Lagging while switching to tagger, and while looting a mob.

Love the new progress thing :) The "Lock" button doesn't seem to work

I can't find that 'progress bar' , can you post a screenshoot?

right click - my ava - progress

Actually, it can also be accessed by a semi-transparent icon in the upper left corner of the screen...

Seems the "Lock selection to current skill" function is bugged though, doesn't work for me.

Still nice :)

indeed hunting is annoying ... you are moved....
i saw lag in loot ... and when is lag it dissapeared the failed message and now u just do a couple of dmg's instant
did u saw that?

More Funny.

I`m on FOMA, and from Time to time i can see Earth ! ( I guess its Calypso )

Havent been in space Yet, but they have changed Earth Texture :) More colors now, almost same as RL One ! :) nice work,but i dont want to see it from Middle of Domes! :|

Cheers

So you were aware of a major issue that affects all hunters (which is the primary source of income according to tracker), and still pushed the release?
And you worked on it for a week and it's not fixed, yet live?

Well done, MA... well done!

To clarify stuff

If you the hunter are aiming by yourself and using the left mouse button (in aim mode) to attack it will feel and behave somewhat the same as before.

If you are are in third person clicking a target and use your auto-use tool or right/left click to attack you will see that your avatar is moving around oddly.

Q: Why is this happening?
A: After implementing a better hit detection there was a side effect, when targeting a creature it chooses the closest thing hittable. So if it is a robot like a Warlock attacking you, the avatar will aim for the head since it is closest to you, then the creature does the attack animations and during that time the avatar tries again to pick the closest valid thing hittable, resulting perhaps in a shoulder or something else.

Till the fix comes around, use aim-mode and left click to attack.

Cheers!

the hitbox seems to be 1 single point in the exact middle of the mob. harder to even click on to target.

tried unchecking 64 and running as 32, wouldnt even let me log in (cant make connection)..
retried 64 and CTD in 45 secs

To clarify stuff

If you the hunter are aiming by yourself and using the left mouse button (in aim mode) to attack it will feel and behave somewhat the same as before.

If you are are in third person clicking a target and use your auto-use tool or right/left click to attack you will see that your avatar is moving around oddly.

A: After implementing a better hit detection there was a side effect, when targeting a creature it chooses the closest thing hittable. So if it is a robot like a Warlock attacking you, the avatar will aim for the head since it is closest to you, then the creature does the attack animations and during that time the avatar tries again to pick the closest valid thing hittable, resulting perhaps in a shoulder or something else.

Cheers!

Doesn't sound release-ready to me... hello?

auto-attack is quite dumb... it does a 190 grades turn then it starts ? wtf?
hmm relog seems to fix that ....or not... it still happens but only time to time....

Last edited:

I found a temporary fix to this:

1) Aim at the mob you want to shoot.
2) Do not select the mob by clicking on it.
3) Do not have your cursor over the mob (if in cursor mode).
4) Activate auto-use tool or hold mouse button.

If the mob is selected or you hold the cursor over, the hitbox seems to shrink and get really tiny... If you don't do either of those, it appears the problem doesn't exist :dunno:

Cheers

This is quite a statement. A bug of this nature, known and unsolved for over a week in test, was intentionally released? in hopes of finding a fix later? That statement, says alot about the release process, and doesn't help instill any confidence.

To clarify stuff

Cheers!

So you mean auto shot is broken?

If the mob is selected or you hold the cursor over, the hitbox seems to shrink and get really tiny... If you don't do either of those, it appears the problem doesn't exist :dunno:

Wow Foe that sounds like a lot of FUN!

The hitbox is *way* too small (why reduce it at all???) and during the short time I hunted, 10 minutes or thereabouts, I lost ~10 damage enhancers. I hope it was just a coinicidence....

skills progress loking NOT WORKING !!!

Does not seem to make a difference for me.

Or put "Move to Target" Off and skip step 2 and 3 :yay:

I never hunt with that setting on btw

Back