More black screenies :(

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
Since the VU the other day, all my screenshots are black again. This happened once before but I can't remember what I did. All screenshots were perfect on Win 8 prior to update.

Specs: Win 8, 64bit, Intel i7-3770 CPU@3.40GHZ, 16GB RAM GeForce GT 630

Any ideas?

Not sure what the problem is
but one thing im totally sure off
make your nice PC a favor, and get a decent grafic card :D
No less than a 650 Ti or 660 if affordable, that CPU and ram would be put in good work!

Not sure what the problem is
but one thing im totally sure off
make your nice PC a favor, and get a decent grafic card :D
No less than a 650 Ti or 660 if affordable, that CPU and ram would be put in good work!

Yeah thats the one that came with it, gonna get a better one soon :)

Right click entropia.exe in the new 64-bit folder, select Properties, Compatibility, check Disable Desktop Composition.

Something like that anyway, not at my own PC right now so can't check the exact details, but as long as you can find the desktop composition thing you should be good.

screenshots on full window are black for me. in windowed mode I can prscr and take a screenie.

Right click entropia.exe in the new 64-bit folder, select Properties, Compatibility, check Disable Desktop Composition.

Something like that anyway, not at my own PC right now so can't check the exact details, but as long as you can find the desktop composition thing you should be good.

Unfortunately, I think in Windows 8 they got rid of that :(

I am able to do this on 32 bit entropia.exe, but on 64 bit version it isn't possible to check this option. :scratch2:

Might have something to do between regular screen capturing and DirectX capturing.

Do programs like fraps, MSI afterburn and such (which are DirectX capture devices) produce black images too?
Or is it only the screen capture devices that work on windows level?

Would help alot; since I know windows device capturing even sometimes failed before cryengine; especially with repeating screenies (I used it once for OCR reading of the chat in the olden days before chat logging existed).

Thing is, with most modern technology in games, regular screen capture will work less and less; but DX capturing should work fine. If DX capturing fails, MA really have fucked up the code beyond recognition me thinks.

I am able to do this on 32 bit entropia.exe, but on 64 bit version it isn't possible to check this option. :scratch2:

Yes it is, just did it. look again.

/Udi

Last edited:

Any idea why those options are unavailable for me? I have admin rights if it means anything.

hi guys,

Here are the settings you need to change in order to the client to take screenshots properly. Set the same settings for the 64-bit .exe file.

Windows 7:
a) Find Entropia.exe, right click it, and then select ‘Properties’.
b) A the top of the Properties page, select the tab [Compatibility].
c) Put a checkmark in the box for the option "Disable desktop composition".
d) Click Apply, then OK.

Windows 8:
c) Under 'Compatibility mode', put a checkmark in the box for the option 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'.
d) In the dropdown menu, select 'Windows 7'.

If you still have problems after making the above changes, let me know.

Regards,
Chad

hi guys,

Here are the settings you need to change in order to the client to take screenshots properly. Set the same settings for the 64-bit .exe file.

Windows 7:
d) Click Apply, then OK.

If you still have problems after making the above changes, let me know.

Regards,
Chad

That option is greyed, or whatever expression in english is for it, point is, I can't put checkmark there.

dcomposition.jpg

OK, found the problem and solved it. :yay:

Ty all for help.

Last edited:
That option is greyed, or whatever expression in english is for it, point is, I can't put checkmark there.

dcomposition.jpg

OK, found the problem and solved it. :yay:

Ty all for help.

How did you solve it ?
Cant have access to checkmark option...
Thks for help..

Windows 8:
c) Under 'Compatibility mode', put a checkmark in the box for the option 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'.
d) In the dropdown menu, select 'Windows 7'.

Windows 8 and 64 bit client, print screens are still black after this steps.

How did you solve it ?
Cant have access to checkmark option...
Thks for help..

Hi,

Once you put the check mark in for compatibility mode, the other options will be available.

Chad

Hi all,

Here are the results from the testing under Windows 8. I will do more testing tonight in Windows 7:

a) 32-bit full screen -- OK
b) 32-bit Windows mode -- OK

c) 64-bit full screen -- Black screen
d) 64-bit Windows mode -- OK

Development will work on the 64-bit full screen issue. There will be an update in the coming days.

Kind regards,
Chad

Last edited:
Disable desktop composition in the client loader too and you'll fix the 64-bit full screen problem. Not sure why this would work but it does, for me. That's Windows 7 though.

i am still getting the black screen in win8 windows mode when utilizing the entropiatracker software for ss, after following ur directions i still do not get the check box for disabling desktop composition. please advise on what other steps i can take to get the auto ss working again thanks.

Hi,

Once you put the check mark in for compatibility mode, the other options will be available.

Chad

I tried all listed operating systems there. Both with "run this program as an administrator", but can't seem to find a way to ungrey the options. Operating system is Win 7

Any ideas?

I started googling a bit and finally found the solution for me.

I changed the settings in the client loader to disable desktop composition.
Now when I play in windowed mode, the screenshots are perfect.

(BTW I use EL to grab the screenshots)

Still no ideas for windows 8??? Still getting black screenies, and my beautiful hof last night with a 357 tt esi is blacker than Wesley Snipes.

bump

Still no solution for win8 users?

As far as I know FRAPS works fine for screenies with all versions of Windows. and can choose to save in jpeg, bmp, png or tga
You can select which button you prefer for screen capture.

It is free to download and I have used trouble free for years

As far as I know FRAPS works fine for screenies with all versions of Windows. and can choose to save in jpeg, bmp, png or tga
You can select which button you prefer for screen capture.

It is free to download and I have used trouble free for years

Yes I know, there are a couple of programs that are working but I am interested in EL tracker. Thanks anyway for the answer.

Same issue here with Windows 7 64 bit - black screen in full screen. I had it working at one time but after the VU it quit working. Even tried some 3rd party capture programs and got the same results.

Same issue here with Windows 7 64 bit - black screen in full screen. I had it working at one time but after the VU it quit working. Even tried some 3rd party capture programs and got the same results.

Have you tried running EU in 32-bit mode? You should also do the following:

Windows 7:
d) Click Apply, then OK.

Heeeellp

I have windows 8.1 and I do not have option to disable desktop composition at all.....in either 32 bit or 64 bit properties....so i have to ask how do i get that option or is it still not available I can get screenshots in window mode just not full screen any ideas would be appreciated.

Back