Info: The bug fix wish list

Status

Joakim|MindArk

Former MindArk Official
Hey all!

We're in the process of collecting some information about individual reports of bugs you want to be fixed.

If you're experiencing any bug in the game like old annoying bugs or what you believe is a completely new one, please help us out by providing as much detailed information possible.

We will make a list of the bugs and prioritize them by your votes.

The following information listed below is taken from my personal investigation

----RELEASED BUG FIXES----

Bugs - Memory leak causing several CTDs

Bugs - Players cannot revive in space after a dynamic area server have crashed
This is due to server instability, this explains why this bug always shows up each VU since reviving in space needs an instance.

Bugs - Server instability Crashes

Bugs - Players with otherwise stable connections gets often disconnects
This were not proper player disconnects, this was due to servers crashing

Bugs - Creatures - Hit boxes on creatures are not working properly

Bugs - Vehicle - Avatar starts walking backwards when exiting a vehicle

Bugs - Game Client - Game client freezes a lot
Freeze (CTD) caused by memory leak

Bugs - Game Client - Game Client freezes when there are a lot of avatars (entities) around the player
Freeze (CTD) caused by memory leak

Bugs - Game Client - Fix CTDs for Win-XP 32-bit clients
CTD caused by memory leak

Bugs - Game Client - A lot of players are experiencing rubberbanding
This is due to server lag, instability issues

Bugs - Revive - After the avatar has been revived the avatar slides across the floor interrupting e.g. Mindforce chips
This was triggered probably due to server instability which caused the position synced accurately

Bugs - Estate - Loading item content inside an estate is extremely slow
Due to server instability there have been some issues loading resources properly

Bugs - Sweating - Use tool with “move to target when interacting” makes the avatar spin around
NOTE: Avatar seems to try to aim at the sky
This will get fixed from the hitbox bugs

Bugs - Space - Leaving a ghost ship behind when you enter the planet
This has been solved and was in the first patch release 14.3.0

Bugs - Mothership - Adding SI to the Mothership when the interior and the exterior is out of sync results in 0.0 points repaired
Will work properly when the servers are more stable

----BUG FIXES TO BE RELEASED----

Bugs - Creatures - Hit boxes on creatures are not working properly

Bugs - Game Client - Launching the game client is extremely slow

Bugs - Game Client - 64-bit Game Client feels more slow than the 32-bit one
Note: The bug will still remain in the list although improvements are being made

Bugs - Land Deeds - Land deeds not listed properly at Bank Teller

Bugs - Emote - Dancing stops automatically after 20 seconds

Bugs - Action - Auto Aim when using “Auto use tool” does not work properly

----GAME CLIENT BUGS----

Bugs - Game Client - 64-bit Game Client feels more slow than the 32-bit one
Under investigation

Bugs - Game Client - Game freezes often after teleporting
Under investigation

Bugs - Game Client - Game Client freezes when pressing exit game
Under investigation

Bugs - Game Client - Avatars seems to get stuck/fall through more often when the client can’t load graphics
Under investigation

Bugs - Game Client - After receiving a CTD you send the wrong OS version in the error report
Note: It says the the users is using Windows XP however they are using Windows 7
Under investigation

Bugs - Game Client - Entropia.exe keeps running in the background after crash
Under investigation

----CLOTHES BUGS----

Bugs - Clothes - Umbranoid Body Suit’s is not working properly
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Coats are not working properly (cognac, master etc)
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Hats - Shadow from hats are not working properly
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Foxy High Stiletto Boots does not work properly with other clothes equipped
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Linguistic Vacation T-Shirt (F) - Arms not stitched to the shirt
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Zero Legend Business Blaser (F) is not working properly
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Deluxe Bustier (F, C) - Is not longer shiny but stump
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - A lot of clothes not working properly (graphicly)
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Some Textures/Colors are not working properly
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Ninja Black HOOD X Jacket - Color should be black, not grey
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - All clothes which used to be black are now dark grey
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Leather Duster Coat - Does not work properly (fit)
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Wearing Mater/Cognac/Pleat coats over armor does not work properly
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Malachi Dante had green lenses, now it just look like a Malachi Ash with green frame instead
Under investigation

Bugs - Clothes - Storm Color Jeans does not work properly when having shoes equipped
Under investigation

----ARMOR BUGS----

Bugs - Armor - Vain armor set looks odd and stretched
Under investigation

Bugs - Armor - A lot of armors not working properly (graphicly)
Under investigation

Bugs - Armor - Lion Harness are bent downwards, should be upwards
Under investigation

Bugs - Armor - Urban Nomad Black Boots SGA Edition (F) - Texture/rendering is not working properly
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - Avatar shoulders looks odd when having a tool equipped
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - Female - Breasts gets adjusted when equipping armor or clothes
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - Texture where hats puts your hair away in hat can look weird from behind
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - Hair - Hair and shadows gets messed up when equipping hat or similar
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - Avatar finger placement is broken when holding a pistol
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - Hedgehog haircut lost shape
Note: Before - it turned more into the front and shaved out sides and neck. After - all weaved to the back and neck cut off, no shaved out sides and neck
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - The avatar cannot stop running/walking after sitting on a chair
Note: You can hit the backwards key to cancel the effect
Under investigation

Bugs - Avatar - When right click to loot a creature the avatar keeps running and shooting instead
Note: 50% of the time the avatar starts running and shooting instead of looting
Under investigation

----TEXTURE BUGS----

Bugs - Texture - Polished Chrome is grey instead of shiny
Under investigation

Bugs - Texture - Rutol texture shows as dark silver instead of black
Under investigation

----SPACE BUGS----

Bugs - Space - Mobs hard to hit if grouped together
Under investigation

Bugs - Space - If you are hovering inside MS close to exit when the ship warp you can be thrown out and left behind
Under investigation

Bugs - Space - MS can get locked in warp state if the server it is warping to is restarting until it restarts again
Under investigation

Bugs - Space - Warp ships jumping and changing their location when someone got in or out from the pilot seat
Under investigation

Bugs - Space - Warp sounds have disappeared
Under investigation

----INVENTORY BUGS----

Bugs - Inventory - Unable to move if 200+ items and yellow weight
Under investigation

Bugs - Inventory - Inventory and Storage scroll speed gets slower after each release
Under investigation

----MINDFORCE BUGS----

Bugs - Mindforce - Mindforce effects looks extremely bright on medium video settings
Under investigation

Bugs - Mindforce - TP chip gets interrupted even if fully charged (loaded)
Under investigation

Bugs - Mindforce- Teleportation - Not possible to teleport short distances
NOTE: The player receives a popup saying that you are not allowed
Under investigation

----DECORATION BUGS----

Bugs - Decoration - Shower cabin does not work properly
Under investigation

----MAP BUGS----

Bugs - Map - Map can freeze after teleport
Note: Map becomes unresponsive after using teleport chips or teleporters
Under investigation

Bugs - Map - Using mouse scrolling to either zoom in or out is unresponsive
Under investigation

----MARKUP BUGS----

Bugs - Markup - MU of Calypso Land Deeds is shown incorrectly in the MU view
Under investigation

----QUEST BUGS----

Bugs - Quest - When triggering teleportation via a quest the player gets stuck if the server (the player is getting teleported to) is down or overloaded
Under investigation

----EMOTE BUGS----

Bugs - Emote - Dancing stops when the player tries to turn their avatar
Under investigation

----VEHICLE BUGS----

Bugs - Vehicle - Flying Vehicles - Sometimes when entering your flying vehicle it gets stuck on the ground for several seconds before it can lift off
Under investigation

----VEHICLE BUGS----

Bugs - Creatures - Some spawns unreachable
Under investigation

----MISC BUGS----

Bugs - CTRL + backspace no longer remove 1 word at a time
Under investigation

Bugs - Health bar disappears when mob is close (1st person view)
Under investigation

Bugs - Tools/weapons/MF - Switching between a weapon and a fap causes lag (switching between equipable tools/weapons)
Note: Seems to be small freezes (fps drops) when changing between tools/weapons
Under investigation

Bugs - UI - Skill/Profession Tracker cannot be hidden
Under investigation

Bugs - Server Center - Heavy lag occurs when you leave a service center
Under investigation

Bugs - Healing - The healing gets diminished when not moving, but you are being pushed by a mob
Under investigation

Bugs - Weapon Attachments - Weapons scope + lasers get in the way of the aiming crosshair in first and third person view
Note:For some weapons/scope combos, depends largely on avatar height, over the shoulder view works fine though
Under investigation

Bugs - UI - Skill/Profession Tracker Locks don’t stay locked
Under investigation

Bugs - Sound and Animations - Vivo and Scanner animations with sound is getting out of sync if used repeatably
Under investigation

Bugs - Estate - Display Panels - Some weapon attachments disappear when placing the item on e.g. a Small Red Display Panel
Note: Example, When putting a Marber Bravo-Type Plasma Annihilator WoF-Edition equipped with Elkarr Precision Scope to a small red display panel, the scope vanish, even the item info window doesn’t show it anymore.
Under investigation

----FEATURES----

Feature - Video Settings - Enable “fullscreen” in windowed mode to support dual screen setup better
Windowed (Fullscreen) like in World of Warcraft

Feature - Video Settings - Make it possible to adjust gamma, brightness and contrast in windowed mode

Feature - Summon to mothership notification should be handled by message center instead from “invite GUI”

Feature - Revive - Add emergency revive to space servers
I will have to discuss this with the Mindark Dev-team.

Feature - Mining Finders - The tool does not remember the last picked resource for that specific tool
NOTE: This is used for having e.g. 2 different Mining Finders, one for a certain depth for finding minerals, one for a certain depth of finding enmatter resources.
I will bring this up for discussion with Mindark once again!

Feature - Space - Aggro is dropped of MS if no one is in the “exterior”, should be more realistic

Last edited:
fix the memory hole/sink so i can go to places like twin again

XP SP2 32-bit

stuk in Space gates agin floding dead in the Space

so no one can T in from ther what so ever

Make the game playable for more than 5 minutes before it crashes again.
Oh and just noticed the hitboxes are messed up....
Rollback of whole "fixing VU" would be nice

Last edited:
I tought support always forwards our bugreports to rhe reponsible team:wise:

Make the game playable for more than 5 minutes before it crashes again. That's all I wish.

Ditto! Fix the constant crashes and disconnections...

Fix the constant disconnects and crash to desktops
Fix the hit boxes
Fix the bug which makes you walk backwards when leaving vehicles

<removed>

Previously TP chip loading was only interrupted while loading, now it gets interrupted after its finished loading as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fix the bugged view of Vain armor parts. Now it look like the thighs (M) ul are bugged in inventorry. Them are extremely stretched.
ty

*are the shins (M) longer black without textures since the new Avatar System too ? i think so.

Last edited:
I remembered I once had a thread for tracking bugs and voting on most annoying ones.

I dug it out, and to my surprise nearly all bugs from back then had been fixed. :)
Well, except the one on the top, which is still very annoying for me. (Wrong tool)

The old thread is here

EU freeze after a short while

On my girlfriends Ammis computer EU freeze after a short time of playing, I did all kinds of updates, fixes, didn't help. But played hers ava on my comp, whit out any problems. Support was send ofc, later yesterday evening she could play for a longer times, and support closed the case, but today again its same shit :(

Win XP 32-bit, SP3

Rapido

Switching between weapon and fap in combat lags, changing to fap works fine but switching back to weapon lags. Maybe because of attachments?

Hey all!

We're in the process of collecting some information about individual reports of bugs you want to be fixed.

If you're experiencing any bug in the game like old annoying bugs or what you believe is a completely new one, please help us out by providing as much detailed information possible.

Cheers!

I run dual screens and I have to run EU in windowed mode on one screen. When I run EU in fullscreen , if I click on my other screen , to use skype /browse web (whatever) then EU dissapears on my other screen.When I click back on that screen EU pops back up again.

Running EU in windowed mode wouldnt be such a problem , but in this mode the brightness adjustments are unavailable and on a mothership everything is very dark (especially in the hanger)

Is it possible to either fix the dissapearing screen in full screen mode or allow brightness adjustments in windowed mode?

TY

Fix the disconnects
Fix stuck in space bug
Fix the SS, MS, CP et al being unavailable
Fix Cyclops Depths being unavailable

We will come up with additional bugs once we can play more than 15 minutes without crashing.

Also, while you're fixing all this, move all the poor bastards that are stuck in space so they can at least log in and do more than look at a black void!

there must be memory leak. EU freeze under such cases:

1. if you do rotating, easier to freze
2. if a lot of green dots there, easy to freeze
3. will freeze no matter what you do, in about 30 min gaming, at this momnet, 1.1+ GB memory is used

stuck in space, only 500+K memory is used, but login in nomal planet, at least 900+k memory is used, much bigg than the 500+K before this VU. I am runing 32 bit client on win xp

BTW, even got freezed after about 20-30 min just floating at space

Hey all!

Cheers!

i know you are new here and you seem to mean well so i will try to be gentle.

bug 1.

there is this bug where one writes a support case, it gets forwarded to the design team, and a list is not made of these individual reports to see what people want fixed, these are not then prioritised and dealt with instead someone has the bright idea to ask this again publicly via a vote which people will use as a test to see if they are being listened to.

bug 2.

constant crashes of the server or the 64 bit client and rubber-banding which spoil the immersion and on return when one notices one is in a different position with a differing ammo or probe count makes one doubt the safety and security of the platform and in some cases have lost the creature one has spent real money on killing.
this could be considered part of a larger bug where common sense is not used when updating software or systems, it is possible to test software before deploying, and possible to install/test hardware before taking existing systems offline so that downtime is minimised.

bug 3.

the secretly changing core game systems because we know that if we announce them there will be a uproar bug.
i call this the "its dynamic" or "short-sighted greed" bug, this one is critical and has caused many players to leave over the years, two of the "worst" examples i can recall from the last year:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?245591-Significant-drop-in-success-rate
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?233895-answers-i-expect-from-the-mining-dev-notes

bug 4.

the long long list of bugs and "design changes" of existing clothing that still are not fixed, see this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?245586-Overview-of-Clothing-Texture-Bugs

bug 5.

changing the stats of existing items instead of fixing bugs bug:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?252867-Adapting-the-item-to-the-bug-instead-of-fixing-the-bug-will-this-be-the-new-trend

bug 6.

the recurring bug bug (a bug in the versioning software bug?), for example the stuck in space after update bug:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?238815-Reviving-in-Space-is-Bugged/

bug 7.
im not sure if this bug still exists because i have not participated in shared loot events recently due to this bug.
its two bugs in one really, shared loot events where the server cant handle the number of participants, taking the massive out of the MMO, spending a considerable sum shooting at a shared loot mob only to get nothing in return if one cant log back in before the creature is killed, i have personally witnessed quite a few people lose 100's of peds each to this bug (up to 700-800 a few times).

goodluck! :)

there must be memory leak. EU freeze under such cases:

1. if you do rotating, easier to freze
2. if a lot of green dots there, easy to freeze
3. will freeze no matter what you do, in about 30 min gaming, at this momnet, 1.1+ GB memory is used

stuck in space, only 500+K memory is used, but login in nomal planet, at least 900+k memory is used, much bigg than the 500+K before this VU. I am runing 32 bit client on win xp

BTW, even got freezed after about 20-30 min just floating at space

BTW: PMed and supporting cases filed, stuck in space for more than 10 hours now, when my avatat will be remove from the space?

Last edited:
Fix the hitbox bug asap

Fix lag issue while swapping guns or swapping from fap to gun

I would love a new list in the Client loader(highlights/support and so on) with the name of "Known Issues".

For an example a friend did one marcimex or mind reaver mission few days back and instead of getting the reward(think it was athletics), he got Club skills(not sure if it was known bug by MA or not?).
In that list MA could tell players about gameplay bugs/issues that is known.
With such a list players can in ex. choose another mission til that bug is fixed so he/she can get the wanted reward.

Btw, heard that "next target" is bugged too.

// Del

<removed>
I would like to be able to play more than 5 min before getting "Connection lost"

But since you asked...I would like to be able to play more than 5 min before getting "Connection lost"

+1

<removed>

Aiming at creatures is harder since the boxes are smaller

MF graphics looks stupid now :(
Almost impossible to hunt 1 person.

img_20130926_08_45_08_183_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
Well for me :

Connection Lost which leads to rollback > losing mob I was shooting > lost ammo
Lag when switching chip>rifle
Walking backward by itself.

and fix my 20k ped lost in the last month :)

TP bug : when using teleporter, after chosing destination and executing, there is blurring animation/effect (like it used to be) and then for few seconds you are back in normal vision where you have been and only after that you tp to destination. If you move away from tp during this time (after blur, before tp), tp sequence is stopped without any message.

This is on 64bit client.

<removed>

When will the support centre be re-stationed?

/mod note/
Please address the Calypso dev's request in the OP.
Try to be clear and concise, but include as much detail as you can about exactly what you've observed.
If you think a screenie or timestamp/coordinates/general location (server) would help, include that too.
And if the bug happens to you and not to every other player, consider adding information about your OS, graphics card etc which might be useful in helping them track down the cause. :computer:
Rather than post a response to off-topic posts, which might tend to derail the thread, please just report to the mods and we'll take care of it. :wise:

Remember too, this is a request from the Calypso devs. Issues with other planets and their items should be reported to the appropriate PP's.

Last edited:
1. Clothes is bugged
2. Textures/Colors is bugged
3. AVATARS SHOULDERS is bugged when any tool is equipped. Avatars look/animation need working.
4. Some Armor look also broken.

Status
Back