2014 Newcomer Initiative - Effective immediately.

Viperstrike

Stalker
Banned
Shadowsniper Viper Viperstrike
2014newcomerinitiative.jpg

Hi All,

As mentioned in a prior thread, I will be restarting the newcomer initiative in 2014 Jan to Dec.

Effectively immediately will be a start to the pool accumulation to pay for the kits to be given to newcomers to help them get started.

How will the pool accumulation work ?

Brief Version - Updated:
25% of all 10K+ PED TT loot donated to a pool. 60 x 25 PED kits given out to newcomers each month.
ie. 10,000 PED drop will have 2,500 PED donated to a cummulative pool.

Due to the high expense involved with playing this game, I will be doing my best to target a single large mob at the level of my skill and equipment until that mob pays out loot of 10,000+ PED in a single loot.

After this has been achieved, I will move to the next largest mob I can comfortably hunt until it drops 10k+ PED.

I will be donating 25% of the total loot over 10k PED to a pool which will be paid out to the value of 1,500 PED each month in the form of kits worth 25 PED each. So 60 x 25 PED Newcomer starter kits per month starting on Jan-2014 and ending on Dec-2014, each and every month as the pool funds allow.

Added:
In all fairness, since you think this is so lame, I will up the amount to 25% donated to the pool.
And additionally include all item sales over 10k PED to have 25% donated too.

OP updated :)

Cheers,
Viper

What mob will you start on first ?

The first mob I have selected to hunt will be the Frescoquda on Treasure Island. A taxed LA owned by Deathifier. The mob spawn is a L35 Young and L39 Mature mix.

Here is more details on the mob - http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&name=Frescoquda

What equipment will you be using ?

I am using the following equipment, all (L)imited as I support the limited items revolution.

- Perseus Armor, Set TT = 1000 PED
Link > http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&name=Perseus_(L)

- Isis LC-35 (L) Lasersniper rifle TT= 155 PED
Link > http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&name=Isis_LC-35_(L)

- Regeneration chip VI (Mindforce heal chip)

Notes:
I do 1k PED ammo runs, the gun lasts roughly 1 run,
The armor lasts roughly 1 day of 5 runs a day.

What is the total TT turnover you do in a day ?

5 x 1k PED ammo
5 x 150 PED guns
1 x 1k PED armor

Roughly 6.5K PED per day.

What will the kits include for newcomers ?

They will contain the following items from the TT machine:

1 x Laser Sniper rifle
1 x Vivo T1 heal kit
And the remainder of the 25 ped value in ammo.

Notes:
Due to the number of kits going out each month, it is impossible to use other equipment than that which is easily accessible via the TT machines on demand. Unless MA can produce some form of kit I can purchase in quantity and have spawned into my storage :)

What happens if you loot an Unlimited item such as a UnL gun or sword ?

The item will be sold off to support the markups being paid out on (L) equipment to continue supporting the purchase of more (L) equipment.

Exclusions:
If the item is a lvl 85+ Laser rifle, I may keep it to tier up for when I am at that skill level.

Why 10k PED, why not less ?

Fair game, I wish to play the game as well and this is the target I have set as an achievement on each mob that I will continue to hunt until a loot of this size drops.

What other mobs do you have in mind for later ?

Many, for example: Levi's, Prot's, Furor, Rex, Aurli ... Anything L30 or above with huge HP and large loot payout potential.

When does all this start ?

Immediately, from the time of this post and continuing until the end of Dec-2014.

Cheers,
Viper

Last edited:
Start date: 4th of Oct 2013

Pool Tally = 0 PED

First payout: To begin in Jan 2014 and each month for up to 60 kits, 1500 PED a month

10K+ PED Loots List.

Last edited:
ehmmm...

a few small things to consider.

1. you won't get a 10k+ hof in the next 2 years
2. Cost to play is directly affected by your playstyle, and yours is definately one to warrant a high cost to play

As long as you're having fun, I'm happy for you :)

ehmmm...

a few small things to consider.

1. you won't get a 10k+ hof in the next 2 years
2. Cost to play is directly affected by your playstyle, and yours is definately one to warrant a high cost to play

As long as you're having fun, I'm happy for you :)

Have faith padwan, I will donate 20% of all loots over 10k to the pool, I might even get a 50k ATH, that is 10k ped donated to the pool which would last 7 months roughly :)

You never know, shoot for the starts and jump the tree tops, shoot for the treetops and jump the fence.
Other than that you get nowhere not trying!

This is what I am willing to contribute to helping out newcomers start.

Fair go in that I want to play the game too.

20% of 10K+ is doable.

Cheers,
Viper

Any idea to help new players is welcome, so they can stay longer and maybe invest ingame!

There are a couple things I didnt understand:

20% of 10k loot is 2000 ped, and the 60 kits at 25 is 1500 .where will the other 500 go?

How do you decide who are the newcomers?

How can you avoid the multiple account avatars impersonating newcomers? ( like 80% of mentored avatars)

Gl with the goal

Any idea to help new players is welcome, so they can stay longer and maybe invest ingame!

There are a couple things I didnt understand:

20% of 10k loot is 2000 ped, and the 60 kits at 25 is 1500 .where will the other 500 go?

How do you decide who are the newcomers?

How can you avoid the multiple account avatars impersonating newcomers? ( like 80% of mentored avatars)

Gl with the goal

Hi Qamori,

1,500 ped in kits is paid out per month, the pool is cumulative so anything left in the pool is kept in storage as PED and carries over to the following month's 1500 PED withdraw from the pool.

Also its not based on just 10k ped, I may get let us say a 17k hof, so that would be 3400 ped addition to the pool.

By mid year if I see the pool is growing larger than the needed 1,500 PED withdraws, I will host special competitions and sponsor newcomer events and the such with the reserves. All pool PED will be allocated by Jan 2015 to newcomers :)

eg 12 x 1,500 = 18,000 PED, if let us say the pool equates to 25k PED by the end of Dec-2014, I will make special events or sponsor others in making newcomer based events in early 2015.

Much like lost my ticket 100 PED prize event for newcomers that was hosted by Roadkill last year. :)

Cheers,
Viper

And how many of theses 10k loots you expect to get :laugh:

And how many of theses 10k loots you expect to get :laugh:

Enough to provide 720 Starter kits @ 18k ped worth over the year, maybe more.

So that would be 90k worth of big drop loots over 15 months. :)

Let us see what happens, no loots, no newcomers helped out.

Loots and newcomers get a nice boost to playing a game, rather than sweating :laugh:

Stat from 3 months earlier this year are:
24 counted out of 180 kits given out over 3 months still remain ingame 6 months later.
So about 10 - 15% retained

Point Ears

Let us see what happens, no loots, no newcomers helped out.

Why not just use the mentoring system that MA has set up? Rather than hope they read this and don't see through your attempt to appear charitable. Even though the promised charity is only offered after you get to a position of profitability...lame.

Why not just use the mentoring system that MA has set up? Rather than hope they read this and don't see through your attempt to appear charitable. Even though the promised charity is only offered after you get to a position of profitability...lame.

Sorry you have taken me out of context.

I do not mentor and have no desire to mentor.

I will and like in the past have helped out newcomers find a suitable mentor and society :)

And I am charitable, however the cost to play has been higher than expected, so as lame as it may be and the over 50,000 AUD I have deposited over the last 6 years with little return except fun times justifies my motives. :)

Time for a little give and give back to help the business grow.

In all fairness, since you think this is so lame, I will up the amount to 25% donated to the pool.
And additionally include all item sales over 10k PED to have 25% donated too.

OP updated :)

Cheers,
Viper

Even though the promised charity is only offered after you get to a position of profitability...lame.

That would be truly awesome, but who said any of this would be profitable ?

The game can cost me up to $ 100 a day to play in decay not returned, or will at higher levels of play as I progress. Highest recorded in the last week of play was $ 62, which is pretty much 10% of what I turned over for the day being roughly 750 usd or 7,500 PED.

$ 600 x 15 = $ 9,000 I will deposit over the next 15 months as that is all I can afford with RL commitments.

A year of free to play after 6 years of pay to play on Lavawalker and this avatar would be a nice respite.

I may have $ 9,000 in PED by the end of the year, but that will be quickly consumed in the following 6 months of general play over 2015 ... so maybe not even a year of free play, playing 10+ hours a day, but 6 months would be nice even.

I have never been in this game for the money, otherwise I wouldn't TT 95% of my loot and I would be a critising selfish prick like many are who are all in it for themselves that play Entropia without lifting a financial finger to help others start out in game.

At least this is an attempt to help others out properly. :)

Anyway 4.30am I am off to bed, sorry if I offend anyone.

Night All,
Viper

Just saying ... seems like you are trying to persuade MA to drop you big loots so you can help noobs out. Seems shady.

i dont really think MA will give him better loots because of this. unlike you he is giving something away to new players

unlike you he is giving something away to new players

Its not my job to. I am fairly new myself. I think the handouts I got in the start area were plenty to see if I liked the game. Just reading back on his other posts from the last time he did it something just doesn't seem right. Anyways GL with it i'm done with posting in this thread.

Stallin'

i dont really think MA will give him better loots because of this. unlike you he is giving something away to new players

If MA gives me 10,000PED in a single loot I'll give half of it away...it's a pretty cheap promise though.

- Don't play hurt VS, some people will begin profiling you as a scammer, as you are starting to fit.

Just saying ... seems like you are trying to persuade MA to drop you big loots so you can help noobs out. Seems shady.

Don't play hurt VS, some people will begin profiling you as a scammer, as you are starting to fit.

So previously Viper has given away roughly 4.5k PEDS and many many hours of his time to complete strangers, to help retain them in game (2 of which are still my disciples and playing today) and you both are trying to make out he is being nefarious by putting some further restrictions against it this time?

So previously Viper has given away roughly 4.5k PEDS and many many hours of his time to complete strangers, to help retain them in game (2 of which are still my disciples and playing today) and you both are trying to make out he is being nefarious by putting some further restrictions against it this time?

I'm just anticipating the request for donations when his hofs fail to materialize. I don't know how he has given many, many hours of his time when he doesn't do mentoring. I also doubt the sincerity of someone who makes a big song and dance (see OP), based on a future occurrence he has no control over.

- It's a bit like praying with the promise to be good if only the Almighty will improve the acolytes standing...pathetic.

I'm just anticipating the request for donations when his hofs fail to materialize. I don't know how he has given many, many hours of his time when he doesn't do mentoring. I also doubt the sincerity of someone who makes a big song and dance (see OP), based on a future occurrence he has no control over.

- It's a bit like praying with the promise to be good if only the Almighty will improve the acolytes standing...pathetic.

It is all good, no offense taken. I understand your concerns.

If the HoFs do not occur, then no one if worse or better off are they.

If they do occur, then newcomers are better off :)

I have no control over loot and I expect nothing of MindArk.

It is all fair game, I am just using the simple logic of big mob,
big multiplier that occurs rarely may occur for me.

If it doesn't I just keep plugging away at the same mob until it does.

A bit of hard work and dedication is all that is required and consistency.

Anyway, I am back for another day's challenge!

All Fresq roaches must die :)

Cheers,
Viper

If MA gives me 10,000PED in a single loot I'll give half of it away...it's a pretty cheap promise though.

- Don't play hurt VS, some people will begin profiling you as a scammer, as you are starting to fit.

Somehow I don't believe you will give half of it away responsibly to newcomers calling it a cheap promise!

I don't mind if people troll this thread or profile me however they choose to, that is their concern not mine.

I am as genuine as they come when it comes to the newcomer initiative, even with the financial RL hiccup I had with the one this year and now health hiccup to do this one for next year, however, I wouldn't do it if I didn't think I was not capable of seeing it through :)

Let lootius bless and good luck to you.

Thanks for the support guys, appreciate it.

It is unfortunate that some continue to chop down all good offerings on this forum for improving player retention and helping out those who are new to game.

It is sad, I see how much damage this forum does to the game sometimes in not creating an environment conducive toward these new players. Instead we see too many doom and gloom threads.

The game can cost me up to $ 100 a day to play in decay not returned, or will at higher levels of play as I progress. Highest recorded in the last week of play was $ 62, which is pretty much 10% of what I turned over for the day being roughly 750 usd or 7,500 PED.

I have never been in this game for the money, otherwise I wouldn't TT 95% of my loot

- Perseus Armor, Set TT = 1000 PED
- Isis LC-35 (L) Lasersniper rifle TT= 155 PED
What is the total TT turnover you do in a day ?

5 x 1k PED ammo
5 x 150 PED guns
1 x 1k PED armor

Just to show why your return are so bad, I'm sad to hear you are still TT almost all of your loots just like what you did in early this year. According your turnover the markup you paid everyday is 155*0.2*5=155 for the gun and 700 for armor, no need to include anything else you are down to 855 at the beginning of the day. Even you getting 100% TT return you still need 113% average markup on your loot to break even, and how's that possible in current hunting loot?

I'm very appreciate the things you have done for all the new comers but I really hope you can play this game abit more serious I mean put some more effort to it. Your daily loss is not caused by the game but your playstyle. Veterans know that it is not caused by the game, but for those newbies might think "Shit even the guy who deposited 600$ every month can't be success, what's the point for me to keep playing with a much smaller budget?" I know you don't care the money you have spent in EU but I think it would be better to both help new comer and showing them how to play this game right. You have a big budget than most of average players, you would get absolutely better return if you don't TT most your loots. Most of hunting loots has shitty markup but they does adds up pretty fast. You don't need 20k ped to stacking hunting loots, I think 10k is more than enough already. This post is just like copy-paste of what I posted in early this year, I hope you could hear this and try to play this game right, with your big budget you could be very successful.

Just to show why your return are so bad, I'm sad to hear you are still TT almost all of your loots just like what you did in early this year. According your turnover the markup you paid everyday is 155*0.2*5=155 for the gun and 700 for armor, no need to include anything else you are down to 855 at the beginning of the day. Even you getting 100% TT return you still need 113% average markup on your loot to break even, and how's that possible in current hunting loot?

I'm very appreciate the things you have done for all the new comers but I really hope you can play this game abit more serious I mean put some more effort to it. Your daily loss is not caused by the game but your playstyle. Veterans know that it is not caused by the game, but for those newbies might think "Shit even the guy who deposited 600$ every month can't be success, what's the point for me to keep playing with a much smaller budget?" I know you don't care the money you have spent in EU but I think it would be better to both help new comer and showing them how to play this game right. You have a big budget than most of average players, you would get absolutely better return if you don't TT most your loots. Most of hunting loots has shitty markup but they does adds up pretty fast. You don't need 20k ped to stacking hunting loots, I think 10k is more than enough already. This post is just like copy-paste of what I posted in early this year, I hope you could hear this and try to play this game right, with your big budget you could be very successful.

Hi Cute,

Thanks for the support.

However I TT only things with low markup attached like oils, wools, hides, etc, anything with a reasonable markup 10 ped+ I list on the auctioneer, only at times when I can't support listing 10 pedder items when I am critically low on funds do I not bother.

I survive primarily off (L) loots of 10+ ped or esis of 700% markup and other such remarkable loots.

Yes there is a % attached to what I buy to keep going, but where have I complained about that being a part of TT return ? Is it anywhere listed in the OP ? :)

I work off TT returns and don't complain about loot.

All I have said is I will continue to hunt large mobs, one at a time with large loot potential until a large loot drops. I am here to have fun, not a painful lifestyle of listing 102% oils and 105% wools and hides and saving up 10k extractors at 115 - 200% when only you get 50 a run lol, that is not my playstyle.

I pay to play, however if a 10k+ loot drops TT wise or an item is looted and sold for 10k+ then 25% of that will be donated towards the newcomer initiative. :) That is all I have said ....

If that makes me out to be a bad man, then fine for those who have that screw loose.
All the rest is up to each individual to have an opinion on.

It is others who are bringing their complaints of bad returns and loots to this thread. The cost to play however I have stated is too high based on TT value, not on markup, that I keep separate and am aware of that figure, it is not calculated into the TT loots.

Anyhow, back to play, I will continue as far as PED lasts to drop a large loot.

If it happens, great, if not, then nobody newcomer wise is any worse or better off than they are today.

Cheers,
Viper

Stand your Ground and Speak your Truth!!!!

:D

I'm not saying you are complaining the loot but telling you what could make you play it better, but anyway whatever good luck.

Stand your Ground and Speak your Truth!!!!

:D

Hey bud :)

Taken a few leafs out of your book, I still sing for loot, seems to work more than offending mobs lol

Yea basically going to do a 25/25/50 split, 25% for newcomer initiative, 25% into skills and 50% back into decayed play and buying needed (L) equipment for the project.

My hope is within a year to get to 100k ped turnover a week, or at least 70k, 10k a day which I will need level 65 to achieve, 40 now :) in laser sniper almost 35 in swords.

It is just getting my newbie butt back into action to get up to that rate again.

Being retired I have the time, just lacking the finances I had last year to do so :) But I will get there. Eventually.

Cheers,
Viper

I'm not saying you are complaining the loot but telling you what could make you play it better, but anyway whatever good luck.

Thanks cute, I appreciate your input, it is just a much slower rate of doing things, and I don't have a 20k ped bankroll at my disposal yet to do so ... maybe just maybe it will happen once I am financial to start doing so.

For now, I am not in a position to afford it.

Thanks,
Viper

I am prepared, I expect if a good loot does drop ... if it does.

The cries that will go on ... rather than grats for hard work, consistency and perserverence.

It will be lol this game is so fixed, MA are criminals, etc etc etc.

Seen it so many times in the past over the last 6 years.

Well that is just one scenario ... my hope is that others will do something similar and get off their back sides and start doing similar style initiatives to help out the new people to game :)

You got to be in it to win it. :)

2k PEDs blown away into fresq so far, no luck.

Some things to sell on the auction, until they sell, no more play for 2 weeks.

See you then for another exciting round of how to blow your peddies away .... quickly.

As MA says, the bigger the risk, the bigger the reward :)

I had fun doing it! That is what counts. Maybe I will get lucky next fortnight.

Loots over 50 ped ...

Frescoquda Young 86 PED Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:38:25
Frescoquda Young 69 PED Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:34:06
Frescoquda Young 60 PED Fri, 04 Oct 2013 08:11:56
Frescoquda Young 70 PED Fri, 04 Oct 2013 04:00:45
Frescoquda Young 71 PED Fri, 04 Oct 2013 03:30:33
Frescoquda Young 130 PED Fri, 04 Oct 2013 03:10:41
Frescoquda Young 113 PED Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:32:01
Frescoquda Young 228 PED Thu, 03 Oct 2013 17:23:53
Frescoquda Young 100 PED Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:53:24
Frescoquda Young 52 PED Thu, 03 Oct 2013 12:49:39
Frescoquda Young 60 PED Thu, 03 Oct 2013 07:44:34

Last edited:
Some things sold so I gave it another round today :)

Loot seemed to be better, I will keep you all posted on progress.

Still singing for that 10k+ Pedder :)

Today's progress. Now off to bed, 4.30am, back at 9am lol.

Frescoquda Mature 62 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 16:37:18
Frescoquda Young 76 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 14:57:20
Frescoquda Young 97 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 14:33:34
Frescoquda Mature 52 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 14:31:03
Frescoquda Young 51 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 14:19:07
Frescoquda Mature 84 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 13:09:47
Frescoquda Young 251 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 13:05:01
Frescoquda Young 101 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 12:49:38
Frescoquda Young 91 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 12:35:27
Frescoquda Young 55 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 11:51:52
Frescoquda Young 227 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 11:27:40
Frescoquda Young 240 PED Sun, 06 Oct 2013 10:49:04

I really don;t like this comment. Viperstrike is doing his best out of the good of his heart to help new players enjoy the game even more so they have a bigger chance to see the potential of fun in here. Saying this earned you a neg rep from me. And thank you for the neg rep back just for the sake of neg repping, really mature. I am just saying don;t put anyone down before you know if one means bad, which is not the case here.

On topic: Thanks for your initiative Viperstrike it's promising and really nice of you to do so.

Back