Vote: Which Windows EU has the most problems?

Are you experiencing frequent crashes or disconnects (more than once per hour)? (YES = crashes, NO =

• YES: Win XP 32 bit

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • NO: Win XP 32 bit

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • YES: Win XP 64 bit

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • NO: Win XP 64 bit

• YES: Win 7 32 bit

• NO: Win 7 32 bit

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • YES: Win 7 64 bit

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • NO: Win 7 64 bit

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • YES: Win 8.0 32 bit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO: Win 8.0 32 bit

• YES: Win 8.0 64 bit

• NO: Win 8.0 64 bit

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • YES: Win 8.1 32 bit

• NO: Win 8.1 32 bit

• YES: Win 8.1 64 bit

• NO: Win 8.1 64 bit

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Not sure/other

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil Stockton

Stalker
Neil Greenleaf Stockton
Thought it might be helpful if everyone would share their experience with their version of the game. Maybe we can make sense of why some people are experiencing crashes and disconnects all the time, others none at all. Sorry for so many options, I couldn't think of a simpler way to do the poll.

Try not to include internet problems or past issues in this poll, just new problems that are occurring since the latest version update today (14.3.1).

Edit: poll question got cut off: Yes = crashes; No = stable.

Last edited:
I have two Vista boxes (so I can't really vote) but incidence of crashes seems to be related to the area I'm in - in some areas, I can go for 10 hours, in others, I crash fairly often (not as often as more than once per hour though). For some time, I suspected water in sight as the culprit, but then, I've crashed at the crafting machine, too.

I have two Vista boxes (so I can't really vote) but incidence of crashes seems to be related to the area I'm in - in some areas, I can go for 10 hours, in others, I crash fairly often (not as often as more than once per hour though). For some time, I suspected water in sight as the culprit, but then, I've crashed at the crafting machine, too.

Yeah, I didn't really have enough options to include Vista... I figured it was probably the least used system out there.

Win XP 32bit crashes when moving around, lucky to kill one mob before it crashes, then have to reboot PC to log back in. But when crafting it will not crash at all.

Win 8.1 64bit have never crashed, can do anything.

Win XP 32bit crashes when moving around, lucky to kill one mob before it crashes, then have to reboot PC to log back in. But when crafting it will not crash at all.

Win 8.1 64bit have never crashed, can do anything.

ye wwith win 32xp cant hunt at all. also u dont need to reboot the pc just need to kill the game from the processes (ctrl+alt+del)

I'm finding it interesting that 3 out of 6 XP 32 users have a stable game. Maybe we could get some details on setups and graphics cards? Have you found any way to make your XP stable?

Keep the results flowing in, remember, vote whether you have problems or not so we can get a good idea of what the playerbase is experiencing.

i voted no on win 7 64bit.

I do get occasional DC's, but I am assuming they are server related

Op you may aswell have called the poll

"What opertating system do you use" because its pretty much what you will get from it. Most people follow trends and upgrade OS with windows being last most prefered OS. If Windows 7 64bit tops the poll is does not in slightest mean that the EU issues are with that particular OS version.....

Op you may aswell have called the poll

"What opertating system do you use" because its pretty much what you will get from it. Most people follow trends and upgrade OS with windows being last most prefered OS. If Windows 7 64bit tops the poll is does not in slightest mean that the EU issues are with that particular OS version.....

You will need to look at the ratio of "yes" vs. "no" for each flavor of OS. Keep in mind the numbers will be artificially skewed toward the no's because people crashing will be more interested in clicking on this thread and voting than people happily playing the game.

In fact, right now XP 32 looks like the worst (which I suspected) but it's not only the OS that's the problem since some are using it without issues.

Win7 64bit working fine with 64 bit client both PC and laptop here

Win7 64bit working fine with 64 bit client on PC

its working fine here
but does every one keep in mind that Microsoft sucks and may crash if you place any certain window that is open in sceen on a wrong place at the time microfrost does not agree you place the window there ?

funny that spelling , microfrost ... as it can out of nothing freeze you pc up lol ^^

I use Linux exclusively (no dual-boot) and ran EU with a patched Wine well enough to play and not miss Windows (when I did play hardcore)... now, even if I wanted to I could not play. Login/crash, etc. This is so bad I am kind of wondering if it is deliberate... can't play = can't chip/sell out. Tinfoil hats on everyone...

tin-foil-hat.jpg

didn't know ppls still using vista.. good to know..

Back