Sell Avatar

heres what they told me when I asked about this topic.

Hi Avenger,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do not condone selling of avatars since we can not guarantee a safe transfer.

Further more, we do not under any circumstances change the account holders name so you will still be responsible for the things that happen on the account.

Thank you for understanding.

One avatar (Vixen) was rumoured to have been given permission to be sold; it was fairly long time ago. (The Vixen avatar apparently globalled when it was said that the "old" vixen owner was at his own wedding).

not sure who really 'owns' that avatar, but it did an auction back in 2012...
2cwTFN5

What's interesting about this case is it involves an in game estate transfer... so there's some major ped being moved around... If the avatar in question was 'sold' to another player a few years before 2012... well...

Last edited:
How do you know it was sold?

For years there were unfounded rumors that my avatar was sold and it never was
The rumor (which was mostly based on your own 'public' threads in various forums) wasn't that your avatar was sold, it was that you were sharing you account (gold card trading, etc.) with others, and/or running multiple avatars, which you were doing at one point in time... even if you aren't nowadays.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...-Rogue-General&p=618013&viewfull=1#post618013
the leader of he NBK (Brendon Slick Gould) who operates my old avatar...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Copter- Hat&p=3268373&viewfull=1#post3268373
I created Hard X Wrath to run the first NBK sub soc, the name was chosen to make it obvious that it was an alternate avatar owned by me.
Some time later I left the game for about a year and trusted a good friend Brendon Slick Gould with my avatar.
I do have the log in details for an avatar called The Dice Man that belongs to an old IRL friend of mine who logged onto EU once and hasn't touched it since.

Oh, some months back when Gold Card users couldn't log on for a day I tried some newbie quests, got the Twin Peaks TP, and remembered how terrorizing small Atrax are to new players. A year before that I logged in to it to see what some of the new player quests in the gateway were like.

Since you were allowed by Mindark to casually partake in these types of activities, without even a slap on the wrist (and actually were given little presents from Mindark because of some of it), it almost encourages others to follow in your footsteps and do such things... That's why it's a problem imho. Mindark should treat ALL participants and avatars equally, not treat some 'more equally' than others, AND should definitely not feed the ego of someone that scammed others, running off with their money, even if unintentionally.

Last edited:
heres what they told me when I asked about this topic.

Hi Avenger,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do not condone selling of avatars since we can not guarantee a safe transfer.

Further more, we do not under any circumstances change the account holders name so you will still be responsible for the things that happen on the account.

Thank you for understanding.

"We do not condone" as above is clearly quite different to an outright "we do not allow"!

Thus implies you can, but that they would prefer you dont and that if you did the responsibility will be entirely yours and that they will not be accountable for any future complications at all - which is fair.

Last edited:
"We do not condone" as above is clearly quite different to an outright "we do not allow"!

Thus implies you can, but that they would prefer you dont and that if you did the responsibility will be entirely yours and that they will not be accountable for any future complications at all - which is fair.

If you did, I don't think you could ever withdraw because the name on the bank information must match the name on the Entropia account.

If you did, I don't think you could ever withdraw because the name on the bank information must match the name on the Entropia account.

Or if you get locked out via goldcard / 2way auth, you can't supply valid ID documents.

Generally it's a dumb idea, but there are a lot of dumb people about. The comments on Vixen are true though... but then, the owner of that avatar is the owner of this forum and due to his MA connections I'm sure he managed to get that name changed on the account details ;)

guess it's a good thing paypal exists.

Back