Sell Avatar

Mice

Elite
Society
Experia
Migor Mice Oth
Anyone sold their avatar with approval from Mindark or whoever owns my pixels ?

I would like to know if this is legal and how I could do it, dont feel like ripping all the skills onto chips and spending endless of time/fees in auction.

{DELETED}

Last edited by a moderator:
Heey Bud,

Sorry to see you are leaving, but i recall this not being completely legal as your avatar is linked to you as a person, hence name of owner cannot be changed. Having said that several high lvl avatars have been sold to others over the years, if this has been done with the approval of MA i am not sure. Would you really consider this perhaps pose this question to support?

Regards,

Mango

No it's not legal to sell your avatar.
you can sell your items.
you can sell your skills.

that way all you have can be sold.

best regards , Qs

there might be the option hence it not being legal if you don't have a cold card security on your avatar yet.
because if you want a GC you will have to send your personal information.
before that, no body knows who you are really are.
but if MA finds out and decides to lock your avatar down , then I think they can.

Last edited:
I belive i seen this question Before m8, and then there also was some one that said that if u get in Contact with suport it can be possible to do such a sell as u like to do.
Sorry to se u leaving m8 but i must say i understand u to.
Good luck and Take care out there old friend.
Regards
Lazz

As far as I have heard you can ask MA directly if you are allowed to sell your avatar. You and the buyer must contact MA. If MA gives permission they can change all personal data officially. That's they only legal way. I don't know if they will do this in each case.

P.S. Probably you have to do the deal ingame. Because they want to get the fee for withdrawal ;)

Transfer of Ownership is perfectly legal in any country, as long as the paperwork is correct :wise:

all know its not legal to sel a ava what so ever

bud ther is lik 10 avas in game ther is sold to other pepols ther is not ther first owner of it

so ma is rely bullshiting ther whit it ther know the ava ther is sold to others and don that for yers

its stil not legal do bud ma dont yous ther Owen rulls what so ever

ava

I know my friend buy one some years back. He send a support to ma about it and change adress and name password. They didnt say nothing about it and let him play. BUT that avatar had maybe 100k skills that time. So when u have 400k skills i think they start thinking about esi cost and stuff they can earn money on. So will say we own u...

I wont even consider starting to chip out and sell unless someone would make me an offer I cant refuse on ALL my skills as a bulk and help provide the ESIs.

hi.. i wanna know if its possible to change Password beacuse i just bought this Avatar?

login Price password ••••••• would be a nice password

Price
2005-07-01 03:37 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

To change the password you have to reactivate your account. Use the following link.

https://www.project-entropia.com/account/ReActivate.ajp

After reactivating you'll receive an email. Follow the link in that email.

Never give your password to anyone.

Regards

What u think about that answer?

Legally it's not allowed in TOU/EULA to sell your avatar at least that was the case last time I checked it.

It is however completely legal to allow others to login to your avatar so this way you can get around it. You will still have responsibility for it tho. It would have to be a contract in RL between you and the buyer that you are "lending" away your account and all belongings in game for 500 years (pick a number) and that you under this period will not demand or take anything from this account. Then change post address (incase new user needs a GC) and mail him the one you got now. I would inform MA about it but as I see it they have to allow this.

The good thing is... people can now see your looking to sell your avatar. So you may get an offer soon....

Just don't tell anyone.

Or rent out your avatar

I have been thinking about this aswell

Legally it's not allowed in TOU/EULA to sell your avatar at least that was the case last time I checked it.

From the TOU:

14. No Assignment

You may not assign this Agreement or transfer Your Entropia Universe Account to anyone, except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement or if obtaining a prior written consent from MindArk.​

My emphasis.

I want Joda Avatar for a little discount :D

Selling avatar is higly illegal and should never be done.:wise:

From the TOU:

14. No Assignment

You may not assign this Agreement or transfer Your Entropia Universe Account to anyone, except to the extent expressly permitted by this Agreement or if obtaining a prior written consent from MindArk.​

My emphasis.

Selling avatar is higly illegal and should never be done.:wise:

You just need permission from MA.

Here you go.......
-------------------------------------
Is it possible to trade (sell) avatar instead of chipping out or does it violate EULA?
2013-03-04 17:23 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

According to the EULA.

The Participant may not sell, lease, sublicense or otherwise transfer any rights to the Entropia Universe System to third parties.

We hope you have a great time in Entropia Universe!

Kind Regards,
Owen | Planet Calypso Support

--------------------------------------

Always found this very appropriate when speaking about MAs "communication"

Who is who speaks for itself...

Here you go.......
-------------------------------------
Is it possible to trade (sell) avatar instead of chipping out or does it violate EULA?
2013-03-04 17:23 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi,

Thank you for your report.

According to the EULA.

The Participant may not sell, lease, sublicense or otherwise transfer any rights to the Entropia Universe System to third parties.

We hope you have a great time in Entropia Universe!

Kind Regards,
Owen | Planet Calypso Support

--------------------------------------

but we all know owen is an idiot..... Copy Paste Automated response King....

Here is a thought. Whatever happened to Joker.... he was selling his avatar. did it get sold or still him? the avatar still plays I know that, just not who is behind the screen.

With permission from MA it is perfectly legal I do know however that someone was denied when asking and I know another one got permission... What they base their permissions on I have no idea... Probably deposit statistics ;)

With permission from MA it is perfectly legal I do know however that someone was denied when asking and I know another one got permission... What they base their permissions on I have no idea... Probably deposit statistics ;)
Dynamic individual treatment!

but we all know owen is an idiot..... Copy Paste Automated response King....

Here is a thought. Whatever happened to Joker.... he was selling his avatar. did it get sold or still him? the avatar still plays I know that, just not who is behind the screen.

Yes he was sold and now played by different people. They deny it though.

From the TOU:

14. No Assignment

My emphasis.

But you don't do this. You just lend it away for a long time.

Yes he was sold and now played by different people. They deny it though.

How do you know it was sold?

For years there were unfounded rumors that my avatar was sold and it never was

I also know this about Joker's avi....

hmmm Estimates

Found this topic... got me to think what is more reasonable sell Skill or whole account

Referring to MA statement of investing in Avatars ... so,... from Finance field there is also Harvest times... but ESI - MU on chipout is waste

Looked @ Chipping optimizer, to get estimated worth of my AVA,... but its for single profession and with Cross skills it are not 2 easy 2use + MU for Chips are way less than in AH cheapest

So How in case of AVA being sold they are Evaluated? is there an tool to estimate

What would be value of for example 200k skill 162 HP lvl 50 Pistoler (51 dmg), lvl 35 Prosp 32 Surv, lvl 22 Laser weapon engineer, Cryogenic dmg 39/hit 29 ...

I am part considering to Chip up... then Compare with current worth to understand what would that cost (non- recoverable)

And for MA ,... If I become inactive ... => I would not play ... but transferring account to active player ... more turnover at higher level not starter...

Resnis

Last edited:
Found this topic... got me to think what is more reasonable sell Skill or whole account

Referring to MA statement of investing in Avatars ... so,... from Finance field there is also Harvest times... but ESI - MU on chipout is waste

Looked @ Chipping optimizer, to get estimated worth of my AVA,... but its for single profession and with Cross skills it are not 2 easy 2use + MU for Chips are way less than in AH cheapest

So How in case of AVA being sold they are Evaluated? is there an tool to estimate

What would be value of for example 200k skill 162 HP lvl 50 Pistoler (51 dmg), lvl 35 Prosp 32 Surv, lvl 22 Laser weapon engineer, Cryogenic dmg 39/hit 29 ...

I am part considering to Chip up... then Compare with current worth to understand what would that cost (non- recoverable)

And for MA ,... If I become inactive ... => I would not play ... but transferring account to active player ... more turnover at higher level not starter...

Resnis

Ultra necro but...

The value of a "mid level avatar" wouldn't be that much. The only person it would appeal to is a brand new starter - and it is fairly easy to reach level 50 hunting within a year.

You would make more money chipping the skills than selling a mid-level avatar imo.

High level, 90+ avatars, are worth something mainly due to the time required (or skillchip cost) to get to that level.

How do you know it was sold?

Theoretically, noone knows, besides the buyer and the seller.

Practically, as I remember he once was a member of BAHQ. And suddently, during the dimes when BAHQ and cK was at war with eachother (battles at oil rig, and the old types of land grabs) he suddently was fighting for cK.

One avatar (Vixen) was rumoured to have been given permission to be sold; it was fairly long time ago. (The Vixen avatar apparently globalled when it was said that the "old" vixen owner was at his own wedding). Later, Valentin asked for permission to sell his avata (he made a tread about it), but got response from MA that it was only allowed in very special cases (such as original avatar owner died).

Practically, pepolpe who are "pro tradng" say it's ok as long as you don't make MA a part of it; that seller and buyer make a "legal" contract about the ownership outside of game (to deal with things like password recovery).

Avatar transfers isn't that good for the trust ingame; it's probably happened a few times that the new owner have used the taken-over avatar (intended for bulk skil selling) for scamming. Of course, trust scams can also happen with shared avatars... ("no it wasn't me go took your gun it was my dumped boyfriend who did it while I was away, so sorry I won't help you getting your gun back").

Last edited:
Back