Status

moondog

Stalker
Society
Stockholm Syndrome
Charley Moondog 1969
Originally posted by Serica " Moderator"

2.9 - Excessive Complaining
Excessive complaining and/or whining disrupt the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum and interferes with the ability of other members and visitors to enjoy their visit to PlanetCalypsoForum, and is therefore NOT permitted. Any content submitted to PlanetCalypsoForum that is considered by the Forum Staff to be in violation of this rule may be edited or deleted without notice.

I noticed that a moderator closed a previous thread relating to CLD returns. No problem there - the Op had not read their numbers correctly and that part of the post was not valid. However the moderator also cited excessive complaining in some of the posts.

So are we living in a Big Brother State - where people are not allowed to voice their concerns/opinions/complaints. It is hard enough getting information out of MA and I feel players have a right to voice their concerns, which is a facility that the forum should provide. My main concern the interpretation of the word "excessive". It seems that it can be anything the moderators deem it to be.

There are currently major issues with Eu and I feel we have a right to voice and discuss these. We are not just a bunch of sheep who will take everything lieing down. We have time and money invested in this game and as such have a vested interest in the way MA develops the game.

As an example no posts were closed regarding - space ship summoning or pirate behaviour and a lot of people complained excessively about both those things.

So i am asking can we complain about things we are unhappy about in game or not. Does that include not complaining about bugs and disconnects after a VU. Does it also include complaining about poor loots. A response froma moderator would be appreciated.

Not moving, been there awhile....

Most internet forums are not a democracy but a dictatorship. Its the nature of the beast.

Edit: I did think that last moderation was a bit excessive though . ;)

Rules have always been there but seem to be used excessively since Serica became a mod.

It simple really. Say what u want and if they edit you or ban u then fuck 'em.

Saw the thread and there was nothing constructive or even fact based in it. Thought once again it would be good if mods are finally start to enforce that whining / complaining rule, that is here for an good reason.
To my surprise minutes later they did, good job!

If anyone claims that you can't be critical on this forum w/o getting the thread locked then he / she is nuts, because it happens all the time. But really no one needs to see that chain of pointless threads telling us how all is shit where half the stuff is made up anyway.

It's hard to find the Yin and Yang of moderation.
The eternal struggle between Chaos and Order and all of us in between.
But you know, as we play "Entropia" Universe, chaos will always win.

But me to has been rather tired reading the same whining over and over and over, on the exact same topics.
With whining it seems legit from the whiners point of view to repeat their whining like a broken record.

Excessive moderating is maybe necessary at a certain point to create a better balance between Chaos & Order.

Serica might be that Moderation Yoda, who sees beyond our futile cries for freedom of speech.
She maybe is the Happy Maker?

Most internet forums are not a democracy but a dictatorship. Its the nature of the beast.

Edit: I did think that last moderation was a bit excessive though . ;)

I think forum has an Owner! That pays server costs so why should be democratic?

U can always create ur own Blog and manage it the way u want!

U can always create ur own Blog and manage it the way u want!

Your correct , which was the meaning of my post.

Your mindset is something not from today's Internet world.

And on topic,

seriously, I got to defend Serica and JC and whoever. They just go with rules. They don't have personal agenda, which I find to be fair. Although, the rules aren't for this community/user base, imho.

Rules have always been there but seem to be used excessively since Serica became a mod.

Serica has enforced the rules quickly, efficiently and unbiased every time I've seen her mod. If this seems excessive, it's only compared to before she became a mod.

Serica has enforced the rules quickly, efficiently and unbiased every time I've seen her mod. If this seems excessive, it's only compared to before she became a mod.

Not always...she was closing topics and moving them to moderator section also. That efected in inability to judge by other ppl if thread was ok or not. Hapened to my thread once, so i am sure of that. Aparently that thread touches some MA sensitive mater. Criticising MA is allowed as long as MA say it;s overkill :)

Aparently that thread touches some MA sensitive mater. Criticising MA is allowed as long as MA say it;s overkill :)

Point of fact, MA did not report that thread. In fact, MA staff almost never report posts. Players do. She closed that thread because it was reported and she found the amount of correct data was close to zero.

Svarog was correct.

:locked:

Status
Back