Game doesn't seem very noob friendly

Syco

There's no quest lvl indicator so i waste my fuel going to a quest that is like 5-6 w/e lvls ahead of me =/

ammo goes so fast i can never seem to keep any ped in my pocket =/. i wouldn't of known what to do or where to go after i finished bombing wastelander if this guy hadn't of taken me to atlas.

The thing thats making me not want to play honestly is the fact that i have to keep putting all my money into ammo so i can actually kill stuff since i don't have a melee wep or anything

Last edited:
You will put the same(ish) amount of money to kill mobs with melee.

Best way to get help is to get a good mentor or join a noob-helping soc... and you can learn alot about the game from this forum.

There is no quest lvl indicator because there is virtually no such thing as quest level, what's hard solo - can be done with a healer or friends. Ask someone at Icarus to heal you while you shoot the Starving Atrax, there are always people willing to help.

The expenses with melee are the same, you just spend on weapon repairs the money you now spend on ammo.

Life of a newbie is quite easy nowadays. Most of the time there are markers on the map/radar that tell you where to go (you may need to turn on tracking of the quest on the quest list). Just a few years back there weren't any starting quests (or any quests, for that matter) or free gear, you was totally on your own from the very first minute. Now the game literally walks you by the hand, can't imagine how more noob friendly it can be. Apart from expenses, of course, but that isn't a newbie problem, it's the whole point of the game. Because the money are real, you can't expect them to come from thin air, someone have to pay for your ammo as currently you're paying for someone's else.

Don't forget to find a good mentor also, someone who will give you some basic ideas what and how to do and help to select the right gear for that.

Not forgetting we also had to get all TP's by running :wtg: , no vehicles back in the day !

Our noob life in the past was much harder than it is now for sure, still I agree the new player experience is something that can be improved a lot. It is already much better, but that doesn't make it good. It needs to teach the new player about how the game basically works whereas now it just tells you how to craft mine hunt. This lack of knowledge about the game paired with exalted expectations causes severe problems in the long run.

There's no quest lvl indicator so i waste my fuel going to a quest that is like 5-6 w/e lvls ahead of me =/

ammo goes so fast i can never seem to keep any ped in my pocket =/. i wouldn't of known what to do or where to go after i finished bombing wastelander if this guy hadn't of taken me to atlas.

The thing thats making me not want to play honestly is the fact that i have to keep putting all my money into ammo so i can actually kill stuff since i don't have a melee wep or anything

There are a few more recent guides in the n00b Corner section that help you managing your peds as a beginning player. - Maybe do a bit of reading before you continue?

Also check out Entropedia to get a better idea what missions/quests might be the right ones for you.

Other than that ... yes, I have to agree that Puny creatures, Rookie equipment and vehicles have made it easier for beginning players to get started. :)

However, this game still has a steep learning curve and you have to process quite a bit of information to know how to play.

Killing costs ammo (PED) because mobs give loot (PED).
If killing didn't cost anything, MindArk would be paying you to play their game.
If the cost to kill was equal to the loot for everyone then MindArk wouldn't be making a dime from their game.

The whole point of Entropia is to be either luckier or smarter than most other people. If you do that you can play the game for free whilst still working towards that lucky ATH.

Honestly i get it but it just seems to much of a hassle to be running back to base every 10 mins to buy more ammo and nevert getting anywhere tho it just eh the games just not for me i want to play it i really do but it seems too much of a hardcore hassle to even start up

I guess ill give it another shot i just hate the feeling that im not getting anywhere that i felt i tried asking for help in chat multiple times and nobody ever responded to me

I guess ill give it another shot i just hate the feeling that im not getting anywhere that i felt i tried asking for help in chat multiple times and nobody ever responded to me

I added you to my friends list twice.
Make sure you click the ! button right next to the chat bubble button in main chat.

there is actually a lot to see as a new player

though the game isnt wallet friendly either i have to say

with the standard 15$ a month you will have a very meager gaming experience

MA's normal deposit limit is 3000$ per month

ofc thats silly but its also the challange to start with 0 and fight for every penny

best advise is to learn how to use excel sheets :)

PS:
dont ever think of crafting

there is actually a lot to see as a new player

though the game isnt wallet friendly either i have to say

with the standard 15$ a month you will have a very meager gaming experience

MA's normal deposit limit is 3000$ per month

ofc thats silly but its also the challange to start with 0 and fight for every penny

best advise is to learn how to use excel sheets :)

PS:
dont ever think of crafting

>.> crafting is generally my mmo nich.....

>.> crafting is generally my mmo nich.....
The problem many people have when they craft is that they use components that costs way too much and sell their product for far too little. It doesn't help either that it's very easy to craft more than one should, just because it's so damn quick.

At least with hunting and mining it takes quite some time to turn 10 or 20 or 100 peds into loot. With crafting you can easily go through 100 ped in five minutes on day one.

This "game" is not easy!

There is so much to learn, instead of filling up this thread, send me a PM and I can get you started with some good tips, references, earn some extra PEDs, etc...

Fred was my disciple and he is very knowledgeable in this game today. I recommend him 1000% If you listen to his advice, you will do well!

i dont know. personally i loved the game when i was new. i think the new starter area was just introduced but i never got anything from there. I remember trying to kill mobs in that area with a sweating tool. soon after i found TP that got me to PA. i did not know where to go because there were so few people there. but then i found that single mission that took you to sweat camp by giving instructions and not by some marker. there i fould alot of people and 4-5 vehicles that stood right next to eachother. I thought that the people that owned those vehicles were the wealthiest/most skilled players in the game. i also remember that the same day a guy called the white dot (thank you for getting me started!) had a competition. fist he set up a wormhole to the apartment area and then we had a contest. winner got 10 ped! and ofc i won (probably because i was the only totally new player there) i was super thankful and will remember him alsong as i play PE. shame nowadays the true exploring aspect is not really there trying to survive and run from small snables etc.

Well, this was, and never will be easy. I feel like noob still :silly2:

having started a couple of months ago I would agree this is the most Noob unfriendly game I have ever played. I thought Eve was bad, but this is far worse.

For example, the mentor bug, which meant you couldn't actually graduate and get the promised vehicle and armour!! This may not sound like much to veterans, but I worked hard to get to this level and when I couldn't graduate and raised several tickets with support, only to be told they knew about the bug and that was it (didn't really care was the attitude), I was really put off. Any other MMO, would have manually credited you the goods with a big apology.

The game is great, which I why I stayed, but MA have some serious work to do if they want to gain new players and keep them!

having started a couple of months ago I would agree this is the most Noob unfriendly game I have ever played. I thought Eve was bad, but this is far worse.

For example, the mentor bug, which meant you couldn't actually graduate and get the promised vehicle and armour!! This may not sound like much to veterans, but I worked hard to get to this level and when I couldn't graduate and raised several tickets with support, only to be told they knew about the bug and that was it (didn't really care was the attitude), I was really put off. Any other MMO, would have manually credited you the goods with a big apology.

The game is great, which I why I stayed, but MA have some serious work to do if they want to gain new players and keep them!

I agree, it would really be great if they added something like this, just fixing the error for the person reporting the error manually and then providing a global fix later.

Camp Icarus is a hellhole and not representable for the game.
It attracts people that wanna take advantage of noobs.

This game is a pay to play game.
Only intelligence can keep you away from being broke.

Its awesome but yes, very very hard for newbies. But you can have fun for free, more fun for a small deposit.

Dont buy that 60 dollars xbox game you like for 3 days. For that 60 bucks you can kill a huge ammount of small mobs and have fun for months.

greetings.

Back