Discussion: Changes in CLD payments & ROI

Too 'low' payment = sky is falling, game is dying
Too 'high' payment= its a bug, investigate it

wtf?:scratch2:

Forum trolls. Need to talk about something.

On Entropialife, numbers of 3 professions were on the red all the week, even during event.
Very much possible, that the event mobs weren't counted on that calculation... since they were new mobs, in fact, i can't seem to find any of the core mobs in entropialife atm.

Actually it's second highest, with highest being 10.41, and there were some between 6 and 6.67 PED also.

That 10.41 was for more than 1 week (notice the very low payment just before it), which makes this the highest payment.

Very much possible, that the event mobs weren't counted on that calculation... since they were new mobs, in fact, i can't seem to find any of the core mobs in entropialife atm.

Not "very much possible" - it's certain!
Core mobs was not included in Planets' turnover, as it was already mentioned few times.
Those mobs are uncategorized, along with bunch of other mobs - you can see them here.
It is clear that core had loads of turnover, with spike on Saturday, 29th at 250k+ turnover.

It's as easy as comparing event days to the rest of time in turnover of that uncategorized mobs' to understand that whole turnover for Calypso this weekend was double the usual, therefore double CLDs' revenue

Yet there are loads of clueless whiners who overlook this point and look for foul play with bigger than average CLDs' payout.

Back to normal. I'm looking forward to hearing why the sky is still falling.

Back to normal. I'm looking forward to hearing why the sky is still falling.

While it doesn't display any sky falling, the following displays the falling of CLD ROI.

Seems you have to click the bugger to see it properly.
(sorry for the oversized GIF - the forum software refused the original 4KB PNG, on the grounds it's a PNG, forcing me to upload a 22KB GIF - go figure...)

I just love how the content of your post and your signature collide...

While it doesn't display any sky falling, the following displays the falling of CLD ROI.

Seems you have to click the bugger to see it properly.
(sorry for the oversized GIF - the forum software refused the original 4KB PNG, on the grounds it's a PNG, forcing me to upload a 22KB GIF - go figure...)

I understand lines colors are those diferent periods ? Just wondered course it seems it's decreasing no mater how long period of time you consider ?

I understand lines colors are those diferent periods ? Just wondered course it seems it's decreasing no mater how long period of time you consider ?

CLDs caused a lower amount of people to 'actively deposit' since they were able to 'live off of' the roi weekly. AUDs seem to be doing something similar, but on a daily basis instead of weekly. After AUDs are all sold, I suspect roi will go up as more have to deposit, just as happened (I think - not sure if it's true or not) after CLDs were all eaten up and no longer going for the start price in auction...

Things may be slowing down a bit, but over time, they will go up. In the mean time, if you are too worried, I'll gladly take your clds off of you at a ped a piece. :)

CLDs caused a lower amount of people to 'actively deposit' since they were able to 'live off of' the roi weekly. AUDs seem to be doing something similar, but on a daily basis instead of weekly. After AUDs are all sold, I suspect roi will go up as more have to deposit, just as happened (I think - not sure if it's true or not) after CLDs were all eaten up and no longer going for the start price in auction...

Things may be slowing down a bit, but over time, they will go up. In the mean time, if you are too worried, I'll gladly take your clds off of you at a ped a piece. :)

Yes but will you gladly buy them for 1350, 1450 or even 1500 ? , thats the question.

Any point on the x-scale is the same date, the payout week since the beginning, no matter what curve you look at. The x-scale starts at payout #26 (2012-05-28). The curves display the ROI (based on 1000 PED purchase price):
- average since the 26th payout (once all deeds were sold, and payouts stabilized).
- averaged over the last 13 weeks (a.k.a. 3 months).
- averaged over the last 26 weeks (a.k.a. 6 months).

CLD payouts indeed display a quite steady decrease.

hmmm sounds like I need more deeds.

If your theory were right, we would have seen a recovery of CLD returns to 5 PED weekly, and not a gradual decline.

I think, all in all, the most important factor here is the RL economics. As we are seeing more positive news about the economy, we will slowly see a recovery (lagging on the rl events. First people need to get their job back, then get rid of their bills, and only then... more spending. Could take another year.

CLD will keep declining.

1. CLD is Calypso only, meaning if other planets gains popularity amongst the high depo, CLD will lose.
2. Why do people think MA keep having these events constant? It's the only time CLD will go up abit, then drop significant again. Longer periods between the events means the ROI will keep dropping. (People migrate to other planets)
3. CLD is just 50 % completion of what the deeds was suppose to be used for. Now that MA have aquired the money, the next stage is not needed. As we will never c the estate system being implemented. Again a hard blow to the CLD investors wanting more than a piece of the "revenue".

Shame, but MA have always done business this way. Quick earned cash and never thought about the concequences it will have in the long run.

But I still play lol.

CLD will keep declining.

Hard to say will revenue keep declining or not.

Apart of that, you are mistaken on all of your points:

1. CLD is Calypso only, meaning if other planets gains popularity amongst the high depo, CLD will lose.

1. Fundamental mistake. CLDs revenue is based on activity of Planet Calypso AND Planet Calypso's born avatars.

2. Why do people think MA keep having these events constant? It's the only time CLD will go up abit, then drop significant again. Longer periods between the events means the ROI will keep dropping. (People migrate to other planets)

a) Calypso Development Team makes game interesting by creating many events. What makes you think they will stop it?
b) People migrating or going for holidays on another planet mean slight decrease of revenue, as avatars born on Calypso generate revenue Universe-wide.

3. CLD is just 50 % completion of what the deeds was suppose to be used for. Now that MA have aquired the money, the next stage is not needed. As we will never c the estate system being implemented. Again a hard blow to the CLD investors wanting more than a piece of the "revenue".

3. Developers said that CLD Land Grab is being worked on. Yes, they are slow bunch but eventually they will deliver.
On top of that, most investors are happy with revenue, anything else being cherry on the top

On top of that, most investors are happy with revenue, anything else being cherry on the top

Why do these investors always freak out when payments are low then? If they are so happy i mean?

Why do these investors always freak out when payments are low then? If they are so happy i mean?

at 3 peds per deed avg i get what i need, all payment above is a plus, so yes, im happy. Only time i was freaked out when cld price fell for a week or so and i thought i lost shitloads on clds but then i said screw it, n bought even more and a week later they cost 250 peds more :D

And i have more faith in clds than in my TT returns :O

Investors dont usually freak out when payments are low. They do freak out when it drops from 1400 to 1150 within a week. However that was pretty much a few people playing with the market and on sentiments based on AUD release. That did give a jolt to investors and quite a few panicked into selling (myself included)..

Personally i would prefer CLD remain at a constant value , no up and downs and would be very happy if it remained at the original 1k price..

I sold most of my cld's not because of payout but the volatility in the price.. Right now its probably gr8 for trading but not as an investment vehicle..

Investors dont usually freak out when payments are low. They do freak out when it drops from 1400 to 1150 within a week. However that was pretty much a few people playing with the market and on sentiments based on AUD release. That did give a jolt to investors and quite a few panicked into selling (myself included)..

Personally i would prefer CLD remain at a constant value , no up and downs and would be very happy if it remained at the original 1k price..

I sold most of my cld's not because of payout but the volatility in the price.. Right now its probably gr8 for trading but not as an investment vehicle..

CLD does not have much liquidity compared to stocks etc, so if only a few percents want to sell at the same time, price can go down alot, and likewise upwards if you remember the spike up to over 1500. I bought for all the peds I had at under 1100 ped, unfortunately that was not alot so only got a few since I didn't anticipate it at all I haden't sold any. But it's nice to see there was many using the chance to buy more cld, and Id say cld has a very strong support around 1200 ped.
Guess you could call it a standard shakeout of weak hands. (panic sellers)

Well I was very happy to buy at under 1200 ped. Just wish I had bought some more :cool:

Does anyone not seem to look at the 7 ped payout 3 weeks ago? I mean if the payout was supposed to be 3.8 peds weekly. 7 peds is like 3.2 peds extra paid out.

If it was a mistake by MA, it needs to recover back the mistake by deducting 0.8 peds for the next 4 weeks to even out.

Assuming it runs at 3.8 average.
:wise:

Does anyone not seem to look at the 7 ped payout 3 weeks ago? I mean if the payout was supposed to be 3.8 peds weekly. 7 peds is like 3.2 peds extra paid out.

If it was a mistake by MA, it needs to recover back the mistake by deducting 0.8 peds for the next 4 weeks to even out.

Assuming it runs at 3.8 average.
:wise:

There is no single figure the payout is "supposed" to be. The 7 ped payment was probably due to all the extra activity.

Tamlin, you've been complaining no matter what the results are.

The 7 ped payout was "criminal". Then you went with a graph proving CLD returns are crashing harder than the worst penny stock ever.

This is just a guess, so I may be wrong, but you either:

• Invested heavily in the 1400-1500 range, or
  • Are happy talking down prices, planning to buy some at Twin when they reach the price you want

Which is it? I'm just curious.

Tamlin, you've been complaining no matter what the results are.

The 7 ped payout was "criminal". Then you went with a graph proving CLD returns are crashing harder than the worst penny stock ever.

This is just a guess, so I may be wrong, but you either:

• Invested heavily in the 1400-1500 range, or
  • Are happy talking down prices, planning to buy some at Twin when they reach the price you want

Which is it? I'm just curious.

You forgot one more

*Forum troll/hater.

Back