Discussion: Changes in CLD payments & ROI

Seems the bubble has burst, trying to sell mine at Twins @ 1350 now and there's zero interest. The traders are still trying at 1370 though :D

Can't be, you both must be wrong....MA said it is/will be 20-30% ;)

Well, @1000 (on which they were making their estimate) it still is ~19-20%.

Wow...seriously?
So if I have a business, all I need to do is give away part of my revenues, and I will make more profit? Or do you think the TT revenue is funded from thin air or something?

Higher tt return means smaller revenue left to be shared. Revenue is in correlation with how much peds players loses and not how long it will take him.

If payouts were based on Turnover, then yes it would be as the way you described.

The PP revenue is based on decay, which is roughly proportional to turnover, not TT gains / losses as such.
Thanks to Remontoire for correcting the incorrect criticism of my earlier post.
MA's Revenue comes of course from deposits. Players lose Ped either through bad loot, or decay. Only decay counts for CLD revenue, which is why lower TT returns leave less to be divided. If you invest in something, it is usually best to understand where the income comes from.

Last edited:
Seems the bubble has burst, trying to sell mine at Twins @ 1350 now and there's zero interest. The traders are still trying at 1370 though :D

It has burst, but yet you seem to still value them 35% higher then what MA valued them at... :)

glad I had a rage quit just at the time they were 1550 and sold em all.. he.. hehehe.. HAHAHAHA

glad I had a rage quit just at the time they were 1550 and sold em all.. he.. hehehe.. HAHAHAHA

this statement indeed shows that the most common reason for holding cld´s isnt for the revenue but for the hope of increased value in the cld´s.

tulips anyone?

CLD ROI is created by the playerbase... blame the players for the shitty ROI. :D ;)
Wait... I guess I'm one of them since I don't spend a single SEK on EU atm...:silly2:

Ok so everyone stops depositing, buys CLD, and hope for someone else to spend and generate revenue.

Yeah, that will work. Duh!

For those people who buy these ~ 1400 the ROI isn't anywhere near 20%.

If you bought above the original listed price from MA then that would be true. But why would you have? that's just a bad move on your part and has nothing to do with MA and what they said.

Thanks to Remontoire for correcting the incorrect criticism of my earlier post.
MA's Revenue comes of course from deposits. Players lose Ped either through bad loot, or decay. Only decay counts for CLD revenue, which is why lower TT returns leave less to be divided. If you invest in something, it is usually best to understand where the income comes from.

The question I had about decay here has been for a while if limited items are counted as well since I'm guessing decay is calculated when you repair an item?

If you bought above the original listed price from MA then that would be true. But why would you have? that's just a bad move on your part and has nothing to do with MA and what they said.

I didn'T say i have. But there are people. And as stated, their ROI is not anywhere near 20% ( i don't even own CLD )

CLD ROI is created by the playerbase... blame the players for the shitty ROI. :D ;)
Wait... I guess I'm one of them since I don't spend a single SEK on EU atm...:silly2:
Same for me.
I let my clds do the work and i can spend my time with much more fun things...

It has burst, but yet you seem to still value them 35% higher then what MA valued them at... :)

What has burst? Just STOP hitting the panic button! The true reason why price dropping is the release of Arkadian Land Deeds!

What has burst? Just STOP hitting the panic button! The true reason why price dropping is the release of Arkadian Land Deeds!

Right, the only reason why Titanic sank was the iceberg, apart from that there weren't any problems :yup:

I bought CLDs only for the ROI and would hold on to them even if it dropped below 10%. It's better than banks and CLDs already survived longer than all banks I ever deposited to :D

But AULDs are a game changer. ROI makes sense only as long as the initial investment still worth something, otherwise in 5-7 years you at best just get your money back and not double them. But the truth is this community has only so much money (or willingness, or both) to invest, the slowness with which CLDs were sold out at 1k even when ROI was decent did show that well. This market won't swallow both CLDs and AULDs, and right now the latter look at least not worse. Before long CLDs may return to MU of 1k or below.

Last edited:

Really? Arkadia has nothing to do with the price of CLD's. The value of CLD's has been manipulated through resale and BS talk. The value has dropped after players bad ROI math and MA empty promises about the end result rights.

Really? Arkadia has nothing to do with the price of CLD's.

Well, IMHO, oh yes it does! They are bringing out deeds to a massive LA, and there is lots of speculation about the potential returns. OFC there is going to be less demand for CLDs right now, so the price is dropping - although the slow drop over the last couple of months was a sign of readjustment to lower payouts as well I feel.

Depending on how many pecs per week the Underground pays out, people will either try to move across to those more - or suddenly slow right down and see that CLDs pay out better even at ... shall we say 1350 peds?
The balance will come, the balance will shift a bit, the competition will strengthen - and maybe EU as a whole will grow.... :)

I agree Ark Deeds are the reason for the panic but its not real since the only true factor that should effect CLD price is the CLD income.

Its time to hold CLDs if you have them selling during a panic sell off is a bad idea.

Not true, if arkadian deeds pay better per ped, it makes alot of sense to sell cld and buy them instead. I personaly don't think they will tho. But I am pretty sure the market will eventually balance the price/roi for both.

Ok so everyone stops depositing, buys CLD, and hope for someone else to spend and generate revenue.

Yeah, that will work. Duh!

Exactly the way it works sadly. I've seen EU as a sinking ship for long time now, still
amazed they are up and running... :D

The problem is that too many players can't use EU as a entertainment, way too many
have issues with spending and losing money.

How long haven't MA done things for "investors"? How much time have they wasted to
please "investors"?
I'm sick and tired of all this investment-BS and stoped playing, since gameplay
isn't fun enough.
Sure, EU is a sandbox, just that it's way too much concrete in this sandbox.

Let us all put some money in in EU as a investment, and let others create the profit
rest of the years.
Yeah, that will work. Duh! :D ;)

Depending on how many pecs per week the Underground pays out, people will either try to move across to those more - or suddenly slow right down and see that CLDs pay out better even at ... shall we say 1350 peds?
The balance will come, the balance will shift a bit, the competition will strengthen - and maybe EU as a whole will grow.... :)

I'm 99 % sure it will take a long time before, or ever, Arkadia land deeds pay the same amount of ROI (based on a 50ped price) as CLDS. So I don't think the Arkadia land deeds will have any big impact on the CLDs. The price on CLDs are effected mainly by the growth or decline of the Calypso playerbase.

Exactly the way it works sadly. I've seen EU as a sinking ship for long time now, still
amazed they are up and running... :D

You did as many others. This can only indicate that the way of thinking is totally wrong. You probably should stop listening to Svarog and other alarmists. I've seen enough of "prophets" predicting doomsday since 2003, and nothing has changed since that.

doomsayers will always exist and it is more of a psychological state that they have the need to see the negative aspects and prepare for the worst in their mindset. You see them a bit more clearly on forums overall, but if you look around a bit at your work place / school or whatever and you quite quickly can see who the ones who always needs to see the most negative view possible.

Be a little less negative and live longer and happier.

ar123755709828912.jpg

You did as many others. This can only indicate that the way of thinking is totally wrong. You probably should stop listening to Svarog and other alarmists. I've seen enough of "prophets" predicting doomsday since 2003, and nothing has changed since that.

OfC, it happens often.

CLD price droppen 2 days in a row by 30ped per DAY :D

i think this is on stock markets close to a "doomsday" , but i dc if the resellers now all pnaicking and try just to selll sell sell.

in my eyes it is a good time to get more CLD before the AUD are released..............

they wont be that good as CLD.
im quite sure about, and on monday we will know it =)

I'm 99 % sure it will take a long time before, or ever, Arkadia land deeds pay the same amount of ROI (based on a 50ped price) as CLDS.

Well, if they don't achieve it based on 50 ped price then if CLDs do not rise in price again, the Arkadia deeds are not going to sell very well IMHO. Still, the future is what the prices try to predict, so if ppl have more faith in Ark than Caly, then a lower return is acceptable for the time being :)

I'm also assuming we will not know anything on Monday, as there will have been no payout to anyone. On the up side is that one week later on Monday we will know the payout has been for a full week (assuming the patch works during the week - and no other mess-ups).

Wait, wait ... "Svarog and other alarmists" ?

Wait, wait ... "Svarog and other alarmists" ?

Haha, i missed that :)

DISABLED, if your faith in CLDs is so strong, how come that your CLDs at AH are so cheap? Accidentally struck the PANIC button with your elbow? :)

Back