Discussion: Changes in CLD payments & ROI

You did as many others. This can only indicate that the way of thinking is totally wrong. You probably should stop listening to Svarog and other alarmists. I've seen enough of "prophets" predicting doomsday since 2003, and nothing has changed since that.

Nah, I actually depo more after CLDs, it's the concrete in the sanbox that is
the biggest reason for lost interest. And the part of playerbase that can't
understand some of us actually played for the fun, not the money.

I look for facts, not listen to alarmists, when I see that EU drop in "quality".
I've seen and still see so many wrongs from "both sides" that I get scarry
of the low level of common sence some must have, how low knowledge they
have around gamedevelopment (this is ok thou'), but what annoys me most
are those that "know it all, but have zero knowledge of it".
I joined in 2003 and a lot have changed since then, when we look at the RL
stuff around EU.
I've been in contact with several authorities (tax, gaming, consumer rights
and so on) to incerease my knowledge around some parts of EU.

So no, my p.o.v that it is a sinking ship doesn't only come out of thin air,
it is also based on some facts.
The positive thing is that it isn't over until it's over, so they can stear this
ship in many directions, and keep floating.
But if they want to make it a strong ship in a big fleet they need to solve some
issues... the sooner the better.
And again, this is my p.o.v of it.

I look for facts, not listen to alarmists, when I see that EU drop in "quality".

Yeah, i got your point and mostly agree with you. Hopefully MA will implement better improvements to the game.

Haha, i missed that :)

DISABLED, if your faith in CLDs is so strong, how come that your CLDs at AH are so cheap?
The true reason why price dropping is the release of Arkadian Land Deeds!

You probably have some issues with memory, but I posted the answer to your question yesterday (03-22-2014, 20:52). Anyway I won't be surprised if u ask me same question again...

PS: I wish CLDs were mine, anyway it was a pleasure to hear that ;)

Last edited:
CLD BO 1289 on auction

THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!
THE END IS NEAR !!!!!

:smoke::smoke::smoke:

You probably have some issues with memory, but I posted the answer to your question yesterday (03-22-2014, 20:52).

I.e. you mean you're selling them to buy Ark deeds. But that's what I said in my answer to that post. People don't want or can't invest in both and have to choose and their choice shows that the time of CLDs has passed.

CLD BO 1289 on auction
1250 BO, you mean? :) Don't bother updating, it's too fast anyway.

Guess wont be any better this week either as it seems :S

That's cool.. will continue the panic selling... can buy some cheap CLDs.

This has to be due to the lock outs of Gold Card users

I find that quite likely. It has not been this bad since the disastrous VU (that introduced the 64-bit client) in September 2013.

As MA doesn't care about quality as such, perhaps they should care about the money not earned from lacking proper QA and the lack of quality due to that at least? Einstein had a word for creatures incapable of learning. Perhaps their board and share holders aren't even aware how badly the complete lack of QA is hurting their bottom line.

Seems like CLD have fallen in value by about 200 ped in a week.

This is due to a few things:
1. This current VU and all the problems it's caused for people
2. Arkadia Underground Land Deeds are coming available so people want to free up PED to buy those
3. The normal spring/summer slow down which leaves us with less people buying
4. MindArk announcing that the new estate system is delayed until the end of the year.

Above all, this sharp drop In value is caused by people panic selling which is foolish. Did you buy your CLD to speculate on rising value or did you buy them for the purpose of long term income?

The smart ones are buying right now and not selling. Just think what will happen to CLD values in the months before the new land system is online...

People think they will make more from arkadia underground deeds :laugh: But i think that never happen :)

A few ppl is just reselling from Orders as some ppl are panic selling.

Place low order re list as best BO. By that they force some ppl to sell

People think they will make more from arkadia underground deeds :laugh: But i think that never happen :)

A lot of people also think that the Ark deeds will give taxes from all of Arkadia and if that were the case then I'd be over there buying them up. They only are for the new Arkadia Underground.

Arkadia has a history of over pricing a lot of their land related things.

50 PED per deed multiplied by the 200,000 deeds they want to sell is 10,000,000 ped. That's $1 million USD

Wasn't all of Calypso $6 million USD?

For long term term Ark Underground Deed holders, the big question is: Can Arkadia Underground produce 1/6th the revenue of all of Calypso? ...maybe because it may prove to be a hotbed of mining activity.

Time will tell.

For AULDs' ROI to be better than CLDs', AU should begin to output more total loot per week than the whole Ark now. Everything might happen in future, but current interest in AULDs perhaps only because people hope to resell them for more when they sold out.

A lot of people also think that the Ark deeds will give taxes from all of Arkadia and if that were the case then I'd be over there buying them up. They only are for the new Arkadia Underground.

50 PED per deed multiplied by the 200,000 deeds they want to sell is 10,000,000 ped. That's $1 million USD

For long term term Ark Underground Deed holders, the big question is: Can Arkadia Underground produce 1/6th the revenue of all of Calypso? ...maybe because it may prove to be a hotbed of mining activity.

Time will tell.

Dont foget that CLD tax coming not just from calypso, but from Crystal palace and FOMA too :laugh:

For AULDs' ROI to be better than CLDs', AU should begin to output more total loot per week than the whole Ark now. Everything might happen in future, but current interest in AULDs perhaps only because people hope to resell them for more when they sold out.

Well some I know doubt Ark will even be able to sell all of their AULD.

I think if they were priced at 1000 each, like CLD were, then there is no way they will sell. But since AULD will be 50 each, they will appeal to all of the low budget players, of which, there is an abundance. To be an "investor" now, the cost of entry is extremely low and for that reason alone there will be a strong demand.

If Arkadia constricts supply to a limited amount per week, low enough so they sell out every week, then immediately there will be a market value for these deeds above 50 ped. When that happens, speculators and resellers will jump all over AULD and buy them up. From there we likely enter the tulip mania phase of AULD. On the other hand, if Arkadia releases them all at once, and some sit there remaining unsold, then problems will start and the resale values could drop to under 50 each.

Supply creates demand and scarcity determines value

Well some I know doubt Ark will even be able to sell all of their AULD.

That's possible, but this very flow of thoughts made me refrain from buying CLDs at 1000 while having the money deposited and ready.

That's possible, but this very flow of thoughts made me refrain from buying CLDs at 1000 while having the money deposited and ready.

That's the thing with investing... There always is risk and you have to be willing to lose in order to gain.

Don't worry with all the panic sales going on, you might have a chance for that soon. Speaking of which the ROI keeps on increasing with the lower prices now :)

Don't worry with all the panic sales going on, you might have a chance for that soon. Speaking of which the ROI keeps on increasing with the lower prices now :)
Unfortunately, in these panic sales I was on the other side :D However stopped trying to sell once they dropped below 1300 since it would cancel out all the ROI they've brought me to the day.

Fast forward to the month when the new land and political system implementation is announced.... CLD prices likely will spike at anywhere from 1500 or 2000, perhaps higher. Now is the time to buy, not sell.

In the world of modern investing, you generally always do the opposite of what the market is doing.

People who say to BUY BUY BUY, is a time to sell. The inverse is often true.

Thats what I am doing, trying to sell of things so I can buy CLDs now when everyone is selling. Good smart thining

Just like in RL, during panic selling, the items in question - stocks, real estate, currency, etc, move from the weak hands to the strong hands.

Just like in RL, during panic selling, the items in question - stocks, real estate, currency, etc, move from the weak hands to the strong hands.

Thats what I am doing, trying to sell of things so I can buy CLDs now when everyone is selling. Good smart thining

In the world of modern investing, you generally always do the opposite of what the market is doing.

People who say to BUY BUY BUY, is a time to sell. The inverse is often true.

Wow 3 smart posts in a row... I agree with you's people

Time will tell.

thats not right 1/6 of claypso due the taxtation sytem is completely different.

Calypso shares 25% of INCOME, due Underground has 5% direct tax , this is more compareable to a LA.
so compare all income form foma of the biodome owner to underground is a ways better comparison.

I thougth same in the beginning but i was wrong.
newer calculations say its quite hard to say how it will will , but the might be ok.

we will first know when they are launched.

btw i saw lately more and more that big investors or people who have expensive stuff got somehow internal info about chnages.

i dont wanna mention names but i guess we have anywhere a insider trading.
i saw it now more then once and im not so sure if this was just a "panic-sale" on CLD.
this people who sold are usually more smart then dropping down the MU by 250 ped in just 5 days........

price went up to 1300 now, but im still scared to buy them.
i think i will just wait for the launch of AUD and check the performance before i decide what to buy ^^

Lowest I saw yesterday was ~ 1160.

So people are selling CLD at a presumably 300 ped loss (assuming 1460 ped as a starting price last week), or even above of what they paid for them (1000 ped initial price), in order to buy Ark deeds hoping that the price will go more of 20% on those as well?

Aka buy now with 50 sell in the next few months with 65 or even 75 for a neat 50% profit?

2 years ago I would say is insane, but CLD price evolution proved me so wrong :). Go for it, I'm sitting on the fence again and :popcorn:.

CLD went for 1000 ped yesterday, no idea why, or who. But I saw orders being filled..

Lowest I saw yesterday was ~ 1160.

So people are selling CLD at a presumably 300 ped loss (assuming 1460 ped as a starting price last week), or even above of what they paid for them (1000 ped initial price), in order to buy Ark deeds hoping that the price will go more of 20% on those as well?

Aka buy now with 50 sell in the next few months with 65 or even 75 for a neat 50% profit?

2 years ago I would say is insane, but CLD price evolution proved me so wrong :). Go for it, I'm sitting on the fence again and :popcorn:.

im sceptical as always, im not sure all 200.000 ark deeds will sell that fast, after all its a 10.000.000 ped investment into a single LA on a PP planet below the status of Planet Calypso.

No matter how big the LA may be, i really dont see HELL, FOMA or Monria that crowded to support the needed activity on Arkadia underground.

But hey, ive been wrong before, however ive also been right a few pretty important times ;)

im sceptical as always, im not sure all 200.000 ark deeds will sell that fast, after all its a 10.000.000 ped investment into a single LA on a PP planet below the status of Planet Calypso.

I'm skeptical by nature (prefer realist a description) but optimist people tend to ruin the pleasure for me all the time by jumping into the fray :D

The only way I can see them selling fast is an external investor buying lots of them like it happened to Calypso.

He can be from Hong Kong, or even from Gothenborg :evilking:

Also it matters how they will sell them, individual are too many of them so I guess packets of 10 each minimum. If 100 at once, minimum, will again give resellers a bigger chance (who wants to try 1 or 10 to see the returns will have to buy from them).

Back