Question: What are they building?

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
In the recent robot update it said:
Update #1

Robots have been observed performing unusually organized movements near Cape Corinth! Defense Force officials believe they may be constructing something, but urges the population to remain calm...

This page will be updated as soon as new information comes in.

on this page:
http://www.planetcalypso.com/events/renewed-robot-activity-oc/

Now the question is what are they building?

After thinking about this thread:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?252524-Teaser!&highlight=

It occurred to me maybe something to do with the new map. Perhaps some kind of new structure at hadesheim? maybe a giant canon to shoot pirates in space? :eyecrazy:

or maybe hall of the mountain king whatever that is? but why would robots build something for maffoids:scratch2: have maffoids and robots now joined forces?

hmm makes no sense to me...

maybe they just looking for "THE EGG" :laugh:

inb4 event for introducing monoria

A surfing resort. Corinth coast is amazing this time of year.

Yeah, I go with this too. Local Koh Phangan, where CDF hold their Half Moon parties.

On a serious note, I haven't care much about this crap since Harbinger event, when players' "crucial" choices determined "ultimate" outcome.

Why doesn't MA buy back NI and make that the robot planet and from there have some great robot wars!

Thanks for all replies. More food for thought :)
@Pyhä yeah, I agree that was a bit of a let down. Perhaps it was initial stages of some development feature.

Why doesn't MA buy back NI and make that the robot planet and from there have some great robot wars!

Because NI has nothing to do with robots and makes no sense with Calypso Storyline. Would be very disappointing if they did something like that. Better to make a proper robot home planet (Akbal-Cimi) in the future.

Is just a nova fragment factory, fully automated. Recipe: pack air, add peds, make nova.

The robot's super brain figured it out that the best way to conquer humanity is to bankrupt them.

They are also manufacturing no loot messages from defective novas.

Ahhh the factories :) I had forgotten about them.

Perhaps a drone factory? doesn't seem all that necessary though and make sense. Since we have human villages and such in the area...

Perhaps factory inside hadesheim crater may make some sense.

I was now thinking along different lines though. Perhaps the label in green that's chopped off from the map is important i.e. above half moon reservoir label. Did those small islands have a name before vu 10? Perhaps that new name has something to do with robots which is why they chopped it off. So the surf resort may have something in it....why would robots build surf resort? doesn't seem very realistic.

Some kind of link to the new moon seems more probable. Ah moon...moon bay? at least there is a link in the name :)

Building a bar to for some kind of plot to get local population drunk seems also unrealistic to me...it's just not their style.

Building a bar to for some kind of plot to get local population drunk seems also unrealistic to me...it's just not their style.

Told ya in your April 1000 ped reward thread (or was 10k :) ) that you're over thinking (back stab :) )

Beer and any king of alcohol is nowhere to be found on Calypso. Thousands of new grunts have to travel across the Eudoria to find that yep, is true, is as bad as Toulan will be: no drinks. Seems that in the future people lost the ability to put some damn grain with water to ferment but can reconstruct your shot liver at revival stations.

No wonder the robots have the upper hand..

weisses_schloss.jpg

Thought it was obvious, they already miss it :D

Maybe they are building more hangars so their ships cannot land in them.

:thumbup: I like this idea a lot. A robot castle....it's perfect ;)

What robots? The robots might be the builders, but its for the high brass to show off with. That's if they ever finish it...

Well, maybe robots wants the general population to be more sympathic with them. Think of second series of "V", and the new leader "Anna". Instead of acting like enemies you start to do things that seems nice, and since the last generation of robots destroyed the bars, there could be a new kind of leadership that says they want to help humans, and that they see we miss bars, and instead of having to rely on shady business in places like Chugs they'll build bars that makes the old Crystal Palace bar and CND nightclub dome look like outback shacks.

Maybe even introduce other leisures like cinema and art(the last wave of robots did a good work in destroying the old facilities at New Oxford) and indoor skiing. And of cource, it wouldn't be Drone01 that serves drinks, it will be dancing droids imported from Rocktropia (who had learned enough manners not to attack humans - at least not until the time is right).

If I was to build a robot base, I would probably build it on a high location. One option could be Athena, but it will probably be hard to take as long as it has a TP that could be used by human defenders. Another option would be the high hill a bit northeast of Fort Argus where there currently is a servicestation. Which one of them is best probably depends on tactics. Maybe robots will stay away from Athena in respect for mindreavers. A third option would be that Vulcan Hill - far from teleporters and protected with toxins from hussk would mean it's fairly east to fend off the human intruders that makes the way there.

The Corinth area has the advantage that it's pretty low ground making it hard to defend and the cliffs around could make it possible for a smaller guerrilla to make a camp in and then attack the robots with rockets (as we know robots only have melee and line-of-sight weaons).
Also a lot of the ground is surrounded by water, and as we know (and one of the Scylla:s learnt) robot doesn't stand water too wall meaning the humans could attack from and withdraw to the water (I guess one or two vortices learnt that the hard way last robot attack).
On the other hand if robots wants to keep the hadesheim crater, they need to increase the protection of the circumference/crust of the edge, for instance by adding a circle of defence structures around (defense bunkers, air defence with missiles, earth sensory system (like digged-down glass fiber wires warning for movement on ground) and a fast offensive defence force. If they don't defend the crust it would be possible for humans to roll up a line of mortars and tanks along the crater edge and turn everything down there to rubble, or pipeline done huge amounts of cloratic acid vapour to cause enough rust on them for them to practically stop working.

Last edited:
Building a device that makes some mobs in certain areas become mutated, to try and drive the human population away, as Atrox I hear don't particularly like metal in their diet.

Creative idea there for you developers :p

Ahhh the factories :) I had forgotten about them.

Perhaps a drone factory? doesn't seem all that necessary though and make sense. Since we have human villages and such in the area...

They already tried that with Harbinger, factory, launch tubes and all.

Back