FYI: ermik killing stuff with 1.93x dmg/pec

ermik

Elite
ermik ermik ermik
Well, the reason for my little project was not to verify loot returns are horrible when using low dpp stuff, i already know that.

The reason for this project is to find out IF dpp is the only parameter of interest when looking at how mobs respond in terms of loot return.

On paper we have two weapons, one wich is non sib, and therefore maxxed way above my level ( 100 ) however since ive been doing some swinging ( not that kind of swinging! ) my HA is 6.1 and dmg 42. Giving us the below stats to work with.

500argo.jpg

IF dpp is the only parameter involved in cost to kill a mob, if we forget about regen and defense cost etc, then these tests should show the same cost more or less, no matter what weapon is used.

During one of the hunts i managed to pull a 3xx hof out of my ass and that is not included in the statistics since its way of chart in terms of multipliers.

500 Argo with Ozpyn
cost to kill each mob on avg: 1.638 ped
loot from each mob on avg : 1.195 ped

500 Argo with Clericdagger 3C
cost to kill each mob on avg: 1.659 ped
loot from each mob on avg : 1.120 ped

Instantley it gets interesting, the difference in cost to kill seems to be 2.1 pec wich indeed seem to be the result of the tiny diff in dpp between the two setups.

However , whats disturbing is that the loot returned is different, although cost to kill is almost the same.

The difference in loot return is 7.5 pec, and in favour of the weapon that had the least cost to kill!

So how does this all fit together, well it seems that for the 500 mob Clericdagger hunt, the rate of yellow line MISS, were 0.5355 per mob, and since each MISS equals 14 pec of decay, the number lost on each mob due to MISS events were 7.497 pec per mob on avg, and fits like a glove when matched towards the diff in loot return.

This means, MISS events are beeing punished even IF the weapon used on paper produces DMG points at the same cost as a weapon that dont have MISS events, wich should be all weapons you have maxxed out.

This is a small data sample set, but the trend is clear, and numbers are so perfectly matching together.

If my conclusion is correct, its turns the whole game upside down, atleast if you use a UL non sib gun without maxxing it, thinking based on entropedia calcs that you still have same dpp as some SIB alternatves.

MA made clear, maxxing the guns is the most important part, problem is most players thought they meant it as in " not maxxing lowers your dpp " wich is true, but not the only punishment you get it now seems.

Now, discussion :)

Well, the reason for my little project was not to verify loot returns are horrible when using low dpp stuff, i already know that.

The reason for this project is to find out IF dpp is the only parameter of interest when looking at how mobs respond in terms of loot return.

On paper we have two weapons, one wich is non sib, and therefore maxxed way above my level ( 100 ) however since ive been doing some swinging ( not that kind of swinging! ) my HA is 6.1 and dmg 42. Giving us the below stats to work with.

500argo.jpg

IF dpp is the only parameter involved in cost to kill a mob, if we forget about regen and defense cost etc, then these tests should show the same cost more or less, no matter what weapon is used.

During one of the hunts i managed to pull a 3xx hof out of my ass and that is not included in the statistics since its way of chart in terms of multipliers.

500 Argo with Ozpyn

Instantley it gets interesting, the difference in cost to kill seems to be 2.1 pec wich indeed seem to be the result of the tiny diff in dpp between the two setups.

However , whats disturbing is that the loot returned is different, although cost to kill is almost the same.

The difference in loot return is 7.5 pec, and in favour of the weapon that had the least cost to kill!

So how does this all fit together, well it seems that for the 500 mob Clericdagger hunt, the rate of yellow line MISS, were 0.5355 per mob, and since each MISS equals 14 pec of decay, the number lost on each mob due to MISS events were 7.497 pec per mob on avg, and fits like a glove when matched towards the diff in loot return.

This means, MISS events are beeing punished even IF the weapon used on paper produces DMG points at the same cost as a weapon that dont have MISS events, wich should be all weapons you have maxxed out.

This is a small data sample set, but the trend is clear, and numbers are so perfectly matching together.

If my conclusion is correct, its turns the whole game upside down, atleast if you use a UL non sib gun without maxxing it, thinking based on entropedia calcs that you still have same dpp as some SIB alternatves.

MA made clear, maxxing the guns is the most important part, problem is most players thought they meant it as in " not maxxing lowers your dpp " wich is true, but not the only punishment you get it now seems.

ok now in simple english please :D

Did you recheck decay on s1x2? All Ozpyn weapons have eco > 2.8, quite strange for this one to be that bad.

Did you recheck decay on s1x2? All Ozpyn weapons have eco > 2.8, quite strange for this one to be that bad.

The dpp is still horrible yes:)

And what happens if you do include it? If you got this loot with the ClericDagger then the average loot per mob will be approximately equal, I think.

I think you did the right thing to not include the 3xx loot. The sample size is too small to account for it.

500 Argo with Ozpyn

Not disturbing at all I think. It's indicating that (the size of your) loot comes from what weapon was used to hunt with. Which I think Mindark even hinted at over ten years ago (though dpp surely did play a much more important role back then, and much has been changed since.)

MA have been quite clear on that matter for some time now - always used maxed equipment. "Uber" players have also long stated that the "eco" (ie the dpp) of the imk2 is overrated (with that said, I guess it is still an awesome weapon.)

The question nowadays seems to be "Is loot as a function of your dpp a linear function?" - From what I can tell, people are suggesting that there is some "mean" dpp. If you gain a higher dpp, your loot will decline but in a non-linear fashion (so you still benefit from dpp, just not as much as you'd might think from looking at entropedia), and vice versa.

Last edited:
Clear as mud.

It has been stated on the cyrene forums, the damage range for that knife is off.. and will be adjusted the next pp update. will go from 39 max dmg to 53 max dmg which will bring the dpp upto >2.8 i believe. Atleast that is why i got it when i did, since its cheap right now.

Spike

This most likely goes in hand together with why ivi was doing so poorly with imk2.

This most likely goes in hand together with why ivi was doing so poorly with imk2.

Not really imo since the miss rate for ivi was way less than the loss down from expected returns. I'd say to low sample size was a more important factor.

And what happens if you do include it? If you got this loot with the ClericDagger then the average loot per mob will be approximately equal, I think.

The hof came while hunting with ozpyn :)

To add to it: im doing even worse atm with L maxed sib :S

It has has more to do with luck than dmg/pec or misses or whatever...

It has has more to do with luck than dmg/pec or misses or whatever...

so lets just stop analyse whats going on? because you are to lazy and take the easy route?

hold on a sec....

difference in loot return is 7.5 pec...

Clericdagger rate of yellow line MISS, were 0.5355 per mob,
[therefore] each MISS equals 14 pec of decay, the number lost on each mob due to MISS events were 7.497 pec per mob on avg, and fits like a glove when matched towards the diff in loot return.

so far so good, but did you not have any misses with the Ozpyn? the difference in miss rate between the two is significant, not what the absolute miss rate is when comparing, shirley?

hold on a sec....

so far so good, but did you not have any misses with the Ozpyn? the difference in miss rate between the two is significant, not what the absolute miss rate is when comparing, shirley?

You dont get MISS with maxxed weapons.

I belive this.

System take dmg done to mob, uses it in the loot calc.

The Evade events , is the fee you pay to MA, you get these with Maxxed guns.

The MISS events , is additional punishment for not beeing effecient in terms of maxxed, you also get Evade events in the same amount as the maxxed weapon user, meaning overall you will do worse with not maxxed since not only do you get the Evade events as all do, but yu also get MISS events.

Breaking up the non dmg inflicting hits into MISS and Evade, i think was done by MA to put light on this and make us understand that not beeing maxxed is a bad thing.

500 mobs are unfortunately not enough to discuss anything, the cashbacks from time to time aka your 3xx ped hofs are way to important

I belive this.

System take dmg done to mob, uses it in the loot calc.

The Evade events , is the fee you pay to MA, you get these with Maxxed guns.

The MISS events , is additional punishment for not beeing effecient in terms of maxxed, you also get Evade events in the same amount as the maxxed weapon user, meaning overall you will do worse with not maxxed since not only do you get the Evade events as all do, but yu also get MISS events.

Breaking up the non dmg inflicting hits into MISS and Evade, i think was done by MA to put light on this and make us understand that not beeing maxxed is a bad thing.
I believe in this also. +rep

500 mobs are unfortunately not enough to discuss anything, the cashbacks from time to time aka your 3xx ped hofs are way to important

Thats why i urge ppl do conduct their own tests with the same pov as i did, so we can have much more data without me having to do all the work for you.

:)

Cashbacks? are you suggesting there is a personal lootpool?

im open to discussion, and my view is that IF there is a cashback function, it still isnt affecting things we see when we study how loot changes with different setups while maintaining the same dpp.

Cashbacks? are you suggesting there is a personal lootpool?

There was one at least I am shure, I filled it in several ways (xxxx bombs at same spot etc) and always got my cashbacks, but I think they changed something there and this was more than 1 year ago .... not saying you ever got your full >90 % return from personal pool alone...so I always lost at the end while trying theese stuff no matter how much markup those cashbacks had

Last edited:
I applaud you for what your doing but you can't just decide to disscount a loot after the fact because it doesn't fit with what you're trying to do - that has poisoned the whole dataset.

Also, haven't they already announced that the weapon you're using is bugged and should have more damage? As we have no idea how loot is decided you can't use a bugged weapon and get legitimate data.

I belive this.

fair point. however on review, i find "missed" not to be very consistant. a short hunt this morning had one "missed" after 40 mobs (using ADJ 97 at 7.7 hit). then logging an hour later i had 2 in quick succession. logs show a very high number against longtooth, very few against other mobs.

whats difference with Longtooth? notable thing i can think of is busy server. could the faster rate of the cleric affect this? do we actually understand the difference between "you Missed" and "Target evaded".

great test, however to make it fully accurate you cant count mobs since that might skew the results if you end up in a better loot period in one of the tests. What you really should do is clone yourself (i know not possible) and do both tests at the same time, but i guess the best option would be to hunt for 1 hour exacly, then start the next test at the exact same time and do a few rounds and not count any hofs or bigger loots like 10-20 peds.

I applaud you for what your doing but you can't just decide to disscount a loot after the fact because it doesn't fit with what you're trying to do - that has poisoned the whole dataset.

Also, haven't they already announced that the weapon you're using is bugged and should have more damage? As we have no idea how loot is decided you can't use a bugged weapon and get legitimate data.

One way to avoid this would be to write down each individual loot value and plot it, that way we could still see anomalities between setups without having a hof poison the data.

However thats time consuming, and alot of work, unless i get that eu hunter app rolling again.

It would be nice to have Entropialife client to make 2 changes.

1. Add loot calc wich shows loot per mob, not just accumilated.

2. Separate MISS from Evade, that way we could see more clear how the two variables work towards eachother.

Regarding using the bugged tool, well its not bugged, its just misconfigured wich means i have access to a tool that i shouldnt have access to :)

great test, however to make it fully accurate you cant count mobs since that might skew the results if you end up in a better loot period in one of the tests. What you really should do is clone yourself (i know not possible) and do both tests at the same time, but i guess the best option would be to hunt for 1 hour exacly, then start the next test at the exact same time and do a few rounds and not count any hofs or bigger loots like 10-20 peds.

Yeah i tried to avoid the "good period" abit by doing the hunts in 250 batches.

250 with oz
250 with 3c
250 with oz
250 with 3c

One way to avoid this would be to write down each individual loot value and plot it, that way we could still see anomalities between setups without having a hof poison the data.

However thats time consuming, and alot of work, unless i get that eu hunter app rolling again.

It would be nice to have Entropialife client to make 2 changes.

1. Add loot calc wich shows loot per mob, not just accumilated.

2. Separate MISS from Evade, that way we could see more clear how the two variables work towards eachother.

Regarding using the bugged tool, well its not bugged, its just misconfigured wich means i have access to a tool that i shouldnt have access to :)

I don't think that will work either. You need a huge sample size of both to get a idea. You need to count hof and globals also to make it work. IMO the loot before/after a hof/global is compensated for the hof you got/are getting. If I see consistent 80-85% returns over a few K peds I know something is up and in not to long I get something bumping me back up again.

Yeah i tried to avoid the "good period" abit by doing the hunts in 250 batches.

250 with oz
250 with 3c
250 with oz
250 with 3c

Depending on how loot actually works this setup may not be able to avoid "good period" and may in fact tip the balance in one way or another or even worse may place you into a "different state" altogether

Depending on how loot actually works this setup may not be able to avoid "good period" and may in fact tip the balance in one way or another or even worse may place you into a "different state" altogether

I dunno. It worked out well for me when I did similar tests. ;)

Nice testing. always enjoy seeing what others learn and share.

Back