Moderation overkill

Status

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
Just wanted to put out there my thoughts in this forum about the moderators who seem quick to lock threads of interest to the players.

We get it you don't like what they say.....but this is a forum, not a communist state as far as I knew. I still hold interest with several threads that seem closed more due to misplaced personal offense than anything.

Its overkill. I seriously have been visiting less and less as the content I had become used to...for 7 years....is being over moderated.

The main thing that keeps me here is for economy purposes and for general info/state of the game, but the moderation has shown a decline in threads related to the economy, and even open forum discussions. I am not by my own choice getting used to a dying forum.

I have no personal connection to anyone who has had locked threads recently, but I do see it affecting the state of the forum in a negative way.

Its a shame, after one day now I can get less than one page of updated threads. This has not happened as far as I can recall for a very very long time. I assume most of the running threads have been closed.

I blame mods, its my open forum free opinion.

for what its worth, I had an investment group lined up with six figures for a project within EU.
We bought an office building instead.....MA had their part to play in that decision, and this forum was brought up as one of the concerning factors as well.

711 - I have been here since before your takeover, gladly and supportive.....this support is fading fast with not only me but many others.....you may want to consider looking into it.

Last edited:
In 8 years reading this forum i have not seen a single thread getting locked that was not in a clear violation of forum rules. Those rules i did read and i consider them all reasonable, even though i would love to violate them often myself.

I do not need to read how a notorious exploiter tries to glorify himself and other attention whoring. I would love to tell him that in very clear (rude) language, but i don't because i know that gets us nowhere as community.

I was never in a situation where i could not express whatever i wanted here on the forum, sometimes it takes some creative writing around what i want to say. The mods here are actually very liberal if you want to touch a problematic topic and put a little effort into wording it right.

About forum activity, it would have gone down a lot more if we would not have mods here who try to keep the quality at an minimum level. The recent effort to get at least the worst name calling, whining and what not under control.. very appreciated, thank you.

The PlanetCalypsoForum forum rules are very clear, and every member of this forum agrees to abide by those rules or risk having their content moderated.

In point of fact, this thread is in violation of the following forum rule:

Forum Rules said:
2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Pay particular attention to this sentence:
If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff.

Contacting me or one of the moderators via private message or the Contact Us form is the proper action to take if you feel the rules have been unfairly applied by the forum staff.

Creating a thread such as this to dispute the moderation of PCF is not to proper action to take, as detailed very clearly in the forum rules.

:locked:

Reactions: Cly
Status
Back