heavy moderation

Status

Spawn

Slayer
Society
The Ministry
Storm Spawn Bootcamp
Is it possible to read the threads to see for myself ? A thread may be closed, but should it be deleted?

Is it possible to read the threads to see for myself ? A thread may be closed, but should it be deleted?

A bit pissed it was deleted myself, and it proves my entire point.

The thread disappeared after Serica modded it and all the rep received from it disappeared as well.

RedThothCrowley, your thread was removed from the forum by 711.

I've asked him to reinstate it, even though it had been closed, however it's entirely his decision whether or not that happens.

Just in case he doesn't I'll re-post my response to that thread here:
Just for the record:

I have little tolerance for liars, cheats or thieves (whether in RL or EU) - that's just the way I am. If Menace had been banned by MA for: inadvertantly doing something; doing something without realising it was wrong; did it a couple of times got banned and was remorseful - then I'd probably have let the thread run.

But he knowingly and intentionally used an exploit where there was a public policy announcement that bans would be applied. And when the ban happened, he came here with a 'ooh look what they've done to me (they're picking on me), i've been a bad bad boy (aren't i cool?), but it's only because MA's at fault really (i shouldn't be punished for this) - so let's turn this into a slanging match about MA'. It's a way of deflecting any personal responsibility for his own actions - blaming someone else to excuse his own behaviour.

He made it plain that this was planned on his part. He'd been writing that post for days, waiting for MA to ban him - possibly even making his exploiting so blatant they couldn't overlook it - just so he'd have an excuse to 'play the victim' on this forum and slag off at MA.

It's an gross abuse of this forum.

And that's covered by forum rules:
..While the above rules cover most common situations, they do not anticipate all circumstances. Consequently, notwithstanding the above rules, the Forum Staff reserves the right to take any actions deemed appropriate by them in their sole discretion, whether such actions are consistent with the above rules or not, to uphold the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum, to ensure that the forum is not disrupted or abused in any way, or to protect PlanetCalypsoForum Staff and members from fraud, harassment or abuse, or otherwise.

The one minor point he made was that the announced activation of the anti-trapping logic had not yet been implemented. As that was announced by a Calypso dev, and requires only 'activation' - not the creation of a new system - my view is that will be included in the next PP VU, due next week. Menace stated in pm to me that his view was that it should have been included by MA in VU14.
I acknowledged to him that there could be some ambiguity in this and so I created a thread in the appropriate section, asking for an update on the ETA for this (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...4125-ETA-on-activation-of-anti-trapping-logic).

My job as a mod is to apply the forum rules as written, and to 'uphold the Mission of PlanetCalypsoForum, to ensure that the forum is not disrupted or abused in any way, or to protect PlanetCalypsoForum Staff and members from fraud, harassment or abuse, or otherwise.' I do that as fairly and impartially as I can.

Yes, I'm the most active of the current forum mods. JC has been somewhat busy in RL lately, JimmyB has not logged in since August, and I've not seen safara mod anything in months. This is no criticism, we all have RL issues that can keep even the most active member away at times. I've privately raised the possibility of a new mod being recruited to help with the workload, as I can't be around all the time either.

RedThothCrowley, I accept that you don't agree with my mod decisions - not everyone will. That's human nature. I don't ban anyone for simply disagreeing with me. I do however have reasons for making the decisions I do, and they're based on the forum rules that everyone here should be aware of, not just a passing whim.

You'll find that my soc mates and others on my friends list get modded just the same as everyone else. At most, if I happen to be ingame and just flicked over to the forum to see a post go up on 'spy', I've occasionally sent someone a pm with words to the effect of 'I just saw your post, you've got 5min to edit that yourself, or I'll be modding it'.

I don't make the rules here btw. If you don't agree with a rule, that's fine too - start a thread in the appropriate forum for 711 to consider if there should be a change. Ultimately, it's his forum, and the rules are created by him.

In closing, let me be clear that I take the responsibility of being a voluntary mod here seriously. I loved EU since the day I arrived, and I'm willing to put in the time to help those who have player-created sites such as PCF, EF and Entropedia, because they contribute to the overall game experience. It's my way of 'paying it forward' for the help I got from those sites when I started playing.

I'll close this thread (and move it to the appropriate forum section), as after all, it is entirely created for mod criticism, and yes, that's covered by the rules.

:locked:

Last edited:
When the thread was a blatent cry out to be deleted it's not surprising. ;)

Considering the notice givin by the forum owner over a year back about how he felt about things, i'm amazed that the person who started the deleted thread is still here...:laugh:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...p-Negativity&p=2939688&viewfull=1#post2939688

I'd have booted him so hard he'd still be looking for his ass never mind his thread if he'd broke a rule on any forum I controlled...just sayin... :laugh:

I've always felt PCF is over moderated in some cases, but many feel the opposite. Bottom line is, if you don't like it, there is a log out button. As far as i'm aware there is no rule in EU that says you have to come to this forum. I am aware that you have to follow the rules set out by the forum owner, and if you don't you don't like the rules you are free to take whatever action you feel appropriate for you. If that's getting banned on purpose...so be it...just don't be surprised.

I can say from experience that the mods are more than accomodating in banning you by request if you feel too weak to resist behaving in a way that breaks the rules....I've asked and had it done twice. :)

The rules are what the rules are. The owner of the forum does what the owner wants to do. If we don't like it we leave...that seems pretty easy really...just sayin. :laugh:

"[...]If you don't agree with a rule, that's fine too - start a thread in the appropriate forum for 711 to consider if there should be a change.[...]"

......impossible. Such thread will be deleted and moved to moderators section only due to breaking rule which forbids criticism of mods and forum rules.

I think we must live with it - forum where only MA/FPC/PC praise and adulation is alowed. Oh well, maybe some usual bitching about bugs but nothing more. In other case some useful rule will be definitively found ( criticising or excesive whining ) to legitimize bans,thread closing, thread moving.

Pity forum is going this way each day more and more :(

"[...]If you don't agree with a rule, that's fine too - start a thread in the appropriate forum for 711 to consider if there should be a change.[...]"

......impossible. Such thread will be deleted and moved to moderators section only due to breaking rule which forbids criticism of mods and forum rules.

To paraphrase from a Dan Brown quote: "711 answers all requests, but sometimes his answer is 'no'."

Would be great even if only for showing what kinds of posts get locked.

There is a problem with activating trapping logic in calypso depths: Pretty often mobs in a room are drawn to people in an adjacent corridor just because someone is running by outside, and sometimes it appears that way even if there is no direct opening between the room and the hallway. Maybe that's a part of the problem - if just the normal anti-trappic logic is applied there will be mobs in stuck mode a bit here-and-there. (And if you do want to hunt them you need to let them swarm you, you can't "tag" stuck mobs.)

Threads that are in violation of the forum rules may be either locked or deleted, depending on the severity of the violation.

In this case, I decided that leaving the thread visible served no productive purpose, and would be likely to instigate the creation of similar threads and further disrupt the forum.

The PlanetCalypsoForum forum rules are very clear, and every member of this forum agrees to abide by those rules or risk having their content moderated.

Forum Rules said:
2.14 - Administrator/Moderator Criticism
Criticism of these forum rules, or Forum Staff implementation of these forum rules is NOT permitted in any publicly viewable area of the forum. Such content will be deleted without notice. If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff. If you are unclear about the purpose or interpretation of one of the forum rules, either contact an administrator via private message, or consult the PlanetCalypsoForum Rules Discussion thread.

Pay particular attention to this sentence:
If you disagree with how the forum is being moderated or administered, please use the Contact Us link at the bottom of any forum page to contact the Forum Staff.

Contacting me or one of the moderators via private message or the Contact Us form is the proper action to take if you have a question or feedback to offer regarding feel the rules have been unfairly applied by the forum staff.

:locked:

Status
Back