Bring Back Trapping

gekkegerrit

Old Alpha
Society
Pets For Sale
Trapping used to be an integral part of the entropia expierience back in my day. Sweating trapped mobs was the only way to get ammo for your gun or to repair your axe. Oh what fun we used to have in this world:girl:

Trapping used to be an integral part of the entropia expierience back in my day. Sweating trapped mobs was the only way to get ammo for your gun or to repair your axe. Oh what fun we used to have in this world:girl:

You can do that in Cyclops Depths but you will get banned:)

Anyway trapping is for pussies, a real EU player is not afraid of dying:lolup:

You can do that in Cyclops Depths but you will get banned:)

Anyway trapping is for pussies, a real EU player is not afraid of dying:lolup:

Trapping is a way of relying on your personal skills instead of the avatar skills. It would be nice to be able to as it doesn't have much impact on loot, but from the state of things I don't think MA will want to go back to the past as far as game mechanics is concerned.

I think sweating of trapped mobs was stopped when some people said there were certain large groups of sweaters at "professional level" (sweatshops?) who collected huge amounts of sweat and brought the market value down.

Super idea indeed, in no way it would affect already super low sweat price ! :D

Real sweaters would lose because of it (imagine dragging some super high hp (more hp more sweat isnt it?) mob to stuck position and leaving your avatar to sweat it over-night) because of that sweat prices would be 1ped/k very soon.

Trapping is a way of relying on your personal skills instead of the avatar skills. It would be nice to be able to as it doesn't have much impact on loot, but from the state of things I don't think MA will want to go back to the past as far as game mechanics is concerned.

Go to pvp if you want to rely on personal skill :D

Anyway allow trapping and the next time someone ATHs on a spider again you'll all wine

Go to pvp if you want to rely on personal skill :D

Anyway allow trapping and the next time someone ATHs on a spider again you'll all wine

Well, there are two kinds of trapping:

"Physical" trapping, getting a mob stuck behind a rock, below a bridge or something like that. Then the mob "knows" that it's stuck. At the time of the spider kills, mobs that were physically stuck would ´send´ yellow lines about being stuck, and it would eventually die and vanish.

"Glitching": The mob gets stuck because of (pretty much) a bug - the mob is practically stuck in a way that the severs doesn't detect properly. I think for the spider, from a distance, it looked like it was going up and down the rock hundreds of times/second. Another type of glitch is when mobs became bugged when passing a server border.

As for trapped sweating, during VU7-VU8 it was physical trapping. Though later disabled, some places was probably created for this, but the trapped sweating was probably then disabled when it got "too professional" (when some traders had 100k's of sweat all of a sudden). I agree though that it was a bit sad that a kind of social profession ("herder") was removed when this was disabled.

sweatfarm.jpg

View image in gallery

During VU9 there was groups of people taking advantage of server borders sweating glitched mobs. Easy to spot though if you wanted to look for them, just run along server borders... For sweating glitched mobs imho there was no excuse they just took advantage of a bug.

Last edited:
Was nice to sweat at the hills between Phoenix and Zychion, where always someone had the risky task to fetch fresh cornundacauda, we sweat it, trying to keep it at one of the sweet spots where it was not able to run up and attack us. And still that happened frequently, and suddenly we were all scattered and run for our lives, until order was restored again after some careful manouvering.

When poor Cornu was dry, if there was an uber (with a justifier mk2) we let him/her kill it, otherwise lead it to the nearby turret. Then the next mob. Occasionally the runner got a feffoid behind him instead, and that feffoid trashed our panicked group in record time :laugh: After all were dead and revived, some one of us then got the unlucky task to lead the feffoid away, so we could continue.

Good times :silly2:

Back