"You can currently not become a disciple"

JasonMaximusLan

Guardian
Society
USMC
Jason Maximus Landon
Why would a player get this message if they haven't gone through the program?

"You can currently not become a disciple"

Maybe you are more skilled than the player trying to mentor you. There's a restriction in prof levels.

or... you are a mentor and haven't resigned.

1. If you have a disciple, you can't be a disciple yourself.

Fix: Either wait for any disciples to graduate, or open the Mentoring window and kick all disciples (assuming they're inactive). Then:

2. If you're registered as a mentor, you can't be a disciple as well. (Check the Mentor Register ingame if you're not sure if you are or not.)

Fix: Open the Mentoring window and click on the 'Resign' button.

Well the problem is I'm a mentor. I do have active disciples and someone was trying to add me as a mentor but he is getting that message. When I try to add him it says "this avatar cannot be a disciple at this time." I thought you had to graduate before becoming a mentor. Am I wrong?

Well the problem is I'm a mentor. I do have active disciples and someone was trying to add me as a mentor but he is getting that message. When I try to add him it says "this avatar cannot be a disciple at this time."

Then it will be him that has the issue, not you. Get him to check what I posted above. :)

Alright, will do. Thank you all for your advice.

I had the same problem a while back. Point is that I forgot I had choosen a mentor already, one who became inactive. I kicked that mentor and could then with no problem take on a new one. :wise:

Back