Looking for 10 players to test something.

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
I have been wanting to try this for over a year now.

The details will all be shared/agreed upon once the group is set.

The requirements are:

- You have at least 150k skills
- You actively deposit
- You can make a $50 deposit on a future specified date.
- You will be available for roughly 4-5 hours on an agreed date.
- You will agree to let democracy rule, and hunt with the group on that date, on whatever mob/s the group decides.
- The depos will be made on that day, 500 ammo will be purchased by each avatar, and added to at least 500 of our own existing ammo.
- The hunt will last until the last person finishes the 1k ammo.
- All will gear to around 30-40 dps roughly (otherwise we will just kill too quick, and I would prefer we all use the same 2 guns, matching a BLP with a similar dps Laser weapon...can figure that out later), and will use own gear, so expected cost of hunt will be around 1200-1300 ped, depending if u use more ammo waiting for others to finish their 1k ammo.

An 11th person with fool-proof loot tracking will be charged with tracking value, and each mobs level, type, total value, time (#1 Faucervix young, 290, 02:31:00), and keeping track of items looted by whom. All data will be entered into excel. This person must have excel experience, and be able to construct a few linear graphs of loot over time etc. I will pay this person for their time (300 ped at least, maybe more if I am having a good day)

You all can probably figure out what I am doing, but a lot will remain unsaid for private group discussion. I knew I needed to get out most of the details here though, because everyone would tell me to get f'ed if all the thread said was "I need 10 people that will depo 50 bucks".

All data will be published here. The hardest thing will be committing to a date and time that works for all of us.

If you are interested, please respond here. I will make a private group once I see enough response, and will continue all discussions there. If I don't know you from game or forums, and am not comfortable with knowing your skills or the fact that you actually do depo, I might ask a few things in private.

Edit 48 hours later: 8/10 taken by EMW, Muhfuqing Man, Hypnotyk, Artrat, Pesa, Vlooe, Raxxor and PaulCrystal.

Please make sure you add me in-game and that you join the group.

Last edited:
Yo, im up for it mate!:)

and add muhfuqing man he will be up for it too!

I'm in, just need to know what date you are planning on doing this? With work and all I need to plan ahead :p I have some vacation days around Thanksgiving and as well around Xmas/New Years. I meet all other requirements

An 11th person with fool-proof loot tracking will be charged with tracking value, and each mobs level, type, total value, time (#1 Faucervix young, 290, 02:31:00), and keeping track of items looted by whom. All data will be entered into excel. This person must have excel experience, and be able to construct a few linear graphs of loot over time etc. I will pay this person for their time (300 ped at least, maybe more if I am having a good day)

Much of this can be handled by the Entropia Tracker, if you check the 'team loot'.
Not sure if you want more info that this, but it might save you some peds in 'salary' and give better data, if everybody sends you their results from tracker.

Otherwise sounds interesting. I can't commit to such a long hunt, so I'm not gonna volunteer.

I also think you need at least 20 people to sign up, to actually get 10 of them to be able to commit to 5+ hours at the same time. And more likely than not, a few will get DC'ed or get RL disruptions during the hunt.

Hope you'll get enough people, and looking forward to seeing the results.

Oh, btw... Without knowing what you wanna test, it might be interesting to add 2 non-depositors to the team as 'control-group'. Or if that would screw up your test, maybe a separate team with non-depositors as control group.

Just a suggestion. ;)

I could volunteer to be the 11th person, depending on date/time of course. As you mentioned, I fear that getting everyone to be able to "agree" on a time may be the hardest part of the experiment. =P

For the sake of clarity, I do not meet the following specifications...

- You have at least 150k skills
- You actively deposit
- You can make a $50 deposit on a future specified date.

...but I assume those were meant to be requirements for the hunters. I do know how to use the chat log and graph data in Excel. I'm sure I could structure and graph the data as you need it, given an evening or so to work on it.

Just in case you weren't aware, there isn't any way (last I checked) to see the values of teammates' non-stackable items.

Group is invite only mate

Ok, just got home from working 12 hours so I can take off from work early tomorrow to have fun with the vu...sorry about that...I will figure out how to invite tomorrow morning when I get home and the patch isn't ready yet :)

Edit: even though I still have to work a bit in the morning, I am still up and can't sleep cuz the Bears beat the Packers and I am still so excited!!! sSo I will figure out how to invite to a group right now. Sry, this my first group attempt :)

Last edited:
I'm in, just need to know what date you are planning on doing this? With work and all I need to plan ahead :p I have some vacation days around Thanksgiving and as well around Xmas/New Years. I meet all other requirements

We will wait til a day we can all agree upon and be online. There is no rush, and we all have obligations so we will figure it out.

Sounds interesting, count me in.

I am happy to include you guys, since you are 2 names that I have seen around the forums enough to value your opinions immensely. I understand the that the scheduling will be that hardest, but I think with the upcoming holidays and such we will all be able to work out a date. I expect that 1-2 will not be available no matter what we do, but rest assured, there will be more tests and even if someone can't be at the first hunt, I want you both in on this, cuz there will be more.

And vedder, I get what your saying, and ur right, but there are a few other things too that will be taken into account that tracker doesn't do. But the point about how many to sign up is dead right...it will be hard at first to find a time that everyone can be on at this point, so for now I am looking for the first 10 that have a lot of exp, and it will go from there. even if you can't be there, from what I have read about you, I would value your input, even if you can't commit to the hunt.

Omega, ty for the response! Once the first group is formed we will decide but what I envision is about 2-3 last minute dropouts, and having secondary data collection (especially if you wanted to hunt too) would only be a huge plus :)

Last edited:
Ok, seriously, how do I invite to group? I been all over this site trying to figure out how...someone help me!!!

EMW...did you try Permissions group on the settings page? lol I cant believe I can't figure this out...

Edit: just figured it out...nvm. Waiting on the mf'ing man to post so I can copy/paste his name into the invite

Last edited:
Subscribing :)

I assume its a 10 man teamhunt?

Another twist would be to have the team hunting seperatly spread across servers , then after plotting the data to see if its possible to see the waves ;)

Omega, ty for the response! Once the first group is formed we will decide but what I envision is about 2-3 last minute dropouts, and having secondary data collection (especially if you wanted to hunt too) would only be a huge plus :)

Ahh okay, thanks for the info. I wasn't aware the data collector might be hunting at the same time. :eek:

To be honest, I don't quite have the dps/gear/skills/PED Card balance to be part of this hunt, plus I feel like it would be difficult to record the bits of data that the chat log doesn't collect while actively hunting.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or w/e if ya need help when the structural organization of the group is known. :)

I'd be keen if you're still looking for people. I think I'm a bit light on the skill side though, I haven't done a count recently but I think I'm around 120k.

Oh, btw... Without knowing what you wanna test, it might be interesting to add 2 non-depositors to the team as 'control-group'. Or if that would screw up your test, maybe a separate team with non-depositors as control group.

Just a suggestion. ;)

doesnt every good experiment need a control?
and then repeat the experiment at least 10x at exactly the same time and place (if applicable) for good measure! :)

I'm in
too short

Subscribing :)

I assume its a 10 man teamhunt?

Another twist would be to have the team hunting seperatly spread across servers , then after plotting the data to see if its possible to see the waves ;)

Yes, I definitely want to have a full team. That is a great idea tho to look for similarity in individuals waves. That can even be done by each of use at any time, really wouldn't have to be in team.

SO you in? Or just suscribing? For some other parts of the test, having players who cycle a lot is important too, and besides the 5 (including me) we have so far, I would like you to be there too :)

I'd be keen if you're still looking for people. I think I'm a bit light on the skill side though, I haven't done a count recently but I think I'm around 120k.

Prob would be ok...I really want people who are constantly cycling and I see almost a 6 month gap in your tracker without any action...u hunting smaller stuff? I do like ur involvement on pcf, tho.

Last edited:
8/10 taken by EMW, Muhfuqing Man, Hypnotyk, Artrat, Pesa, Vlooe, Raxxor and PaulCrystal.

Make sure you add me in-game and join the group. I plan on there being a few alternates, b/c of RL obligations that pop up, but anyone who would participate and depo if the time worked for them is free to join.

Last edited:
Interesting, will add ingame :wtg:

Prob would be ok...I really want people who are constantly cycling and I see almost a 6 month gap in your tracker without any action...u hunting smaller stuff? I do like ur involvement on pcf, tho.

I was on Ark for a few months mostly running keys up until June/July then took a couple of months break for RL, I was training like 20 hours a week for a cycle race :). Prior to that though I would usually cycle about 10-20k a month.

I should be be pretty active again now though, hoping to give the Halloween event a good whack, so I'm sure by the time we get together I'll have cycled a fair bit again.

I wouldn't want to mess up the test though, so if you need to bump me in favour of a more active player I won't take it personally ;).

Back