Planet Calypso Content Release 2013.3

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2013.3
2013-11-05
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***

Cape Corinth
The Cape Corinth area has received a major graphics and content overhaul, this is the first stage in a long term project to improve all areas on Eudoria. The following list is a summary of what has been done.

• Terrain and textures have been redesigned in order to create a more diverse and immersive landscape.
  • Performance has been significantly improved.
  • Resources have been redistributed to follow geological formations, adding more realism to the mining profession.
  • New creature spawners have been added, including some intense grinding areas for many popular creatures.
  • Added a lot of new points of interest, including a Maffoid Village .
  • The various estate villages have been redesigned with lots more character to them.
  • New wave spawner - The Warchief’s Sanctuary
  • New wave spawner - Typhon’s Reach
  • Re-designed wave spawner - Hadesheim Assault
  • Corinth cities and outposts have been completely redesigned.
  • New participants can now begin their life on Calypso in the Half Moon Bay outpost.
  • Lots of wonderful new music created especially to fit Corinth’s new aesthetics.

Missions
  • Daily Missions - Five new daily mission groups, three for hunting and one each for crafting and mining. You can pick up a random mission from each group once every 16 hours from Daily Mission Terminals found in Cape Corinth, Port Atlantis and Twin Peaks.
  • Daily Tokens - These new tokens can be obtained by completing the new daily missions, and can be used to purchase non-tradable items from the Daily Token Trader NPCs located in various cities. Token broker item prices, stock and availablility are subject to change at any time.
  • Combat Tokens - In addition to being offered as rewards for completing regular missions these new tokens are meant to replace the old Mission Token items, and can also be found as loot on certain shared-loot and boss creatures. The old Mission Tokens can be converted into the new Calypso Combat Tokens by interacting with the Mission Token Converter NPC in Cape Corinth. Token broker item prices, stock and availablility are subject to change at any time.
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Oculus . Mission NPC: Servion at 32974, 37913
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Gokibusagi. Mission NPC: Professor Elon Surs at 68308, 79038
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Hispidus. Mission NPC: Gerard at 74216, 85845
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Maffoid. Mission NPC: Josh Erland at 61740, 88037
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Feffox. Mission NPC: Major Joseph Edwards at 75565, 92635. Large Feffox herds have been reported in northeastern Eudoria.
  • New Mining Challenges - Mineral Resources: Lysterium, Belkar, Blausariam, Iron, Zinc, Narcanisum, Frigulite, Cumbriz ,Copper, Caldorite, Pyrite. Visit a Mining Guild representative in Port Atlantis, Cape Corinth or Twin Peaks to register for these rewarding new missions.

Changes
  • The Aurli bosses in the cave on Crystal Palace no longer spawn automatically when a server is restarted.
  • Increased the view distance of the oil rig.
  • Missions that formerly awarded mission tokens now award Combat Tokens.
  • The Wanted: Bloodclaw (Daily) mission now offers 6 combat tokens as reward.
  • Updated the attack animations for the Kingfisher and Allophyl creatures.
  • Updated the graphics of the following creature classes: Combibo, Cornundacauda, Cornundos, Jamraider, Kingfisher, Sabakuma, Snablesnot Female, Snablesnot Male, Turp
  • Removed the former Mission Token trader NPCs from Fort Victoria, Ringhorne and Chug’s Hideout.
  • Increased the maximum stack size of Berycled and Caudatergus trophies.
  • Iron Daikiba Challenge - Daikiba Cubs now have a 50% chance of increasing the mission point counter by one point.
  • Iron Challenge: Harbinger. Mission Broker Colonel Sam Garcon has been moved to 60470, 85213
  • Iron Challenge: Eviscerator and Longtooth. Mission Broker Fritz Feldgast has been moved to 61719, 88012
  • Removed the Atrax Stalker spawn from the field north of Camp Icarus.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed several broken exploration achievements in the Corinth area.
  • Fixed the land area controls on Vermillion Fields.
  • Fixed an issue that caused doors in Cyclops Depths to open and close improperly.
  • Iron Challenge: Mind Reaver Stage VI - Skill rewards are now accurately reflected in dialogue choices.
  • RX OpTac x1 Thigh Guards (F) now have the correct protection values.

Known Issues
  • Several previously discovered teleporters may not appear in the map locations list. These teleporters will need to be rediscovered in order to use them.

We strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free patch. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.

Originally Posted Here

New Mining Challenges - Mineral Resources: Lysterium, Belkar, Blausariam, Iron, Zinc, Narcanisum, Frigulite, Cumbriz ,Copper, Caldorite, Pyrite. Visit a Mining Guild representative in Port Atlantis, Cape Corinth or Twin Peaks to register for these rewarding new missions.

Resources have been redistributed to follow geological formations, adding more realism to the mining profession.

Thank you :)

All new content. All "old" bugs still have 0 priority in fixing.

Guess clothing can be removed from the game and every1 have orange suits.

Changes
  • The Aurli bosses in the cave on Crystal Palace no longer spawn automatically when a server is restarted.

• Finally.... with an open support ticket since march 2013, this thread, countless updates from my side after every VU and server reset, I'm really happy this is finally addressed.

not a single word on the extremely frustrating hitbox bug....

ffs, this should be in your interest to fix it mindark as it fucks up people's hunting and lowers the amount of ammo we spend (i.e. money you make) not to mention a lot of people (like me) haven't played in 3 weeks because every time we try we get hit by that hitbox bug and get pissed off and log out again....

FIX IT ><

*edit*
the hitbox bug isn't even mentioned in the "known issues" section....

No news regarding the shop items bug...:mad:

Will check the Platform notes, but failing that lets hope the patch next week sorts it...?

I won't be spending ped on uploading a host of new graphics for SFE till it is sorted.

EDIT: Just checked the Platform release notes, nothing mentioned...Will wait and see in game, but not holding my breath.

Last edited:
from client loader:

05 Nov 2013 11:13 UTC

Our servers are now back online, and Entropia Universe Release 14.3.2 and Planet Partner Content Releases are now available for download.

your servers are back online? but you seem to have "fixed" the launch button in a similar manor to the way you "fixed" the hitboxes... (it's greyed out and can't be used)

not a single word on the extremely frustrating hitbox bug....

ffs, this should be in your interest to fix it mindark as it fucks up people's hunting and lowers the amount of ammo we spend (i.e. money you make) not to mention a lot of people (like me) haven't played in 3 weeks because every time we try we get hit by that hitbox bug and get pissed off and log out again....

FIX IT ><

*edit*
the hitbox bug isn't even mentioned in the "known issues" section....

Try reading the platform release notes:
Hitboxes for many planet partner creatures have been fixed

No news regarding the shop items bug...:mad:

Will check the Platform notes, but failing that lets hope the patch next week sorts it...?

This should be TOP Priority, And needs to be addressed in a timely manner.

Platform and Calypso release notes added to Entropedia.

turp is a good mob? sorry don't know much bout that one. I just remember getting millions of turp L texture bps and no turps

turp is similar to gibnib. if you hit it you will most likely kill it, and if it doesn't die it runs away :D
there used to be bugged turps some years ago. I hunted them a lot to try and get their leather but I never got any

turp is similar to gibnib. if you hit it you will most likely kill it, and if it doesn't die it runs away :D
there used to be bugged turps some years ago. I hunted them a lot to try and get their leather but I never got any

ty for the info

turp is a good mob? sorry don't know much bout that one. I just remember getting millions of turp L texture bps and no turps

Well some people really like hunting turps. They were comical little cowardly critters.

The response is more because the turp extinction has become one of those "Ahhh... the egg" things in EU. Not to be confused with the similar but completely opposite "WTF... the taming" type things.

Well some people really like hunting turps. They were comical little cowardly critters.

The response is more because the turp extinction has become one of those "Ahhh... the egg" things in EU. Not to be confused with the similar but completely opposite "WTF... the taming" type things.

I completely understand now. :eyecrazy:

hehehe TY :cool:

• Resources have been redistributed to follow geological formations, adding more realism to the mining profession.

So you hired Legion?

Missions
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Oculus . Mission NPC: Servion at 32974, 37913
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Gokibusagi. Mission NPC: Professor Elon Surs at 68308, 79038
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Hispidus. Mission NPC: Gerard at 74216, 85845
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Maffoid. Mission NPC: Josh Erland at 61740, 88037
  • New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Feffox. Mission NPC: Major Joseph Edwards at 75565, 92635. Large Feffox herds have been reported in northeastern Eudoria.
  • New Mining Challenges - Mineral Resources: Lysterium, Belkar, Blausariam, Iron, Zinc, Narcanisum, Frigulite, Cumbriz ,Copper, Caldorite, Pyrite. Visit a Mining Guild representative in Port Atlantis, Cape Corinth or Twin Peaks to register for these rewarding new missions.

Awesome.

• Updated the graphics of the following creature classes: Combibo, Cornundacauda, Cornundos, Jamraider, Kingfisher, Sabakuma, Snablesnot Female, Snablesnot Male, Turp

So Turp are back in game? Where?

• Daily Missions - Five new daily mission groups, three for hunting and one each for crafting and mining. You can pick up a random mission from each group once every 16 hours from Daily Mission Terminals found in Cape Corinth, Port Atlantis and Twin Peaks.
  • Daily Tokens - These new tokens can be obtained by completing the new daily missions, and can be used to purchase non-tradable items from the Daily Token Trader NPCs located in various cities.
  • Combat Tokens - In addition to being offered as rewards for completing regular missions these new tokens are meant to replace the old Mission Token items, and can also be found as loot on certain shared-loot and boss creatures. The old Mission Tokens can be converted into the new Calypso Combat Tokens by interacting with the Mission Token Converter NPC in Cape Corinth.
  • Missions that formerly awarded mission tokens now award Combat Tokens.
  • The Wanted: Bloodclaw (Daily) mission now offers 6 combat tokens as reward.
  • Removed the former Mission Token trader NPCs from Fort Victoria, Ringhorne and Chug’s Hideout.

So ... We can convert the mission tokens to combat tokens, but where can we trade something for these ? Will items traded for combat tokens still be tradeable? Will Combat tokens be tradeable on auction?

I got 2 distinct turp memories... first one is when I saw two turps, went to one of them to knife it, and the other one ran away... put my mouse cursor over him before he was out of sight and saw "turp guardian" .... way to guard, mr turp :D

the second one was opaloing those birds and gaining courage.... sure, I felt really brave killing harmless scared birds, but still... xD

"Resources have been redistributed to follow geological formations, adding more realism to the mining profession"

Wow! Nice one.

BUT

Is MA geological knowledge as good as my geological knowledge :)? I mean, can we find some gold at the surface near the river beds?

A pretty ambitious update overall, being at office with several good hours until end of day I'll have a blast looking at the new threads.

"Resources have been redistributed to follow geological formations, adding more realism to the mining profession"

Wow! Nice one.

BUT

Is MA geological knowledge as good as my geological knowledge :)? I mean, can we find some gold at the surface near the river beds?

A pretty ambitious update overall, being at office with several good hours until end of day I'll have a blast looking at the new threads.

then you should probably be at home in time for the servers to come up again xD
mindark and ETAs.... ^^
I seriously can't remember last time they were on schedule...

Only if there are eluvial deposits on Calypso.

Hmm, still no Monria for this update... :(

Hmm, still no Monria for this update... :(
It was included in download (you should manually mark it to download it). But not sure about it's size and is it already open or not.

Map bug still not fixed, fed up of having to open and close it all the time when I normally just leave it open on my screen :(

Eta: Skill Hub Icon still showing on screen as well. Please let us be able to hide it along with all our other icons.

Last edited:
[*] New Iron Challenge Mission Chain - Feffox. Mission NPC: Major Joseph Edwards at 75565, 92635. Large Feffox herds have been reported in northeastern Eudoria.

So what you're saying is, you stole Deathifier's egg, and used the theft of that egg to promote a big grind-fest for which he gained no benefit, and gave him feffox DNA after it was over. THEN, when Deathifier discovered the one land area in which he wanted to place the DNA was bugged, instead of fixing it like you should, you just said to hell with him, and produced a non-taxed spawn? Correct me if I've missed anything.

Back