Planet Project Entropia !!

Would you like to visit the old Project Entropia?

• Yes !

Votes: 213 85.5%
  • No !

Votes: 36 14.5%

• Total voters
maybe for a short trip, but for sure nothing permanent.

Ive just had some time for the story.. :D

After years of hiding, Dr. Niels Barton was manufacturing a device in his secret laboratory which should never get into the hands of anyone. After completing the project, he and his team, for safety reasons, decided to transfer the newly created device to another, more safer part of the planet. However, during transport, something unexpectedly happened.

Just in front of them a robot attack occurred and damaged transport vessel which crashed near the North Space Base. Where was the ship headed anyway?

In the radius of 10km from the crash, strange radioactive cloud appeared which has created a portal, which had the power to move the time for 10 years to the past.

By moving through the portal everyone could travel into time of Project Entropia, where each would be able to taste the beginning of the planet colonization and visit the old towns like Port Atlantis, Hadesheim, Zychion, Old oilrig, Umbranoid town...

I voted no....guess I am in the minority. I mean carrier pigeons were cool but I don't want them back. I say enjoy the fact that you were here then. I loved PE as I now love EU. Life is what you make it and always looking in the rearview mirror will never let you see what is in front of you. :)

Yeah, I'd kill a !!!!!!!!!!!! to let me go back to that old game. My most fun years of PE were 2002-2004, it's pretty sad that in the years of 2001-2013, nearly 12 years, my best years were in the first 25%...

Still love this game though :)

I miss the north-east, and some of the north part of the old map.

re

I voted no....guess I am in the minority. I mean carrier pigeons were cool but I don't want them back. I say enjoy the fact that you were here then. I loved PE as I now love EU. Life is what you make it and always looking in the rearview mirror will never let you see what is in front of you. :)

Voted yeah, i want to get back in the past, in 2003 when we were sweating for fun, when we didn't make any deposit for play 12hours/day..But when i saw this comment, i knew you were right. We can't get that back, and we won't get that back. Check the future, not the past.

RIP Project Entropia.

Yes I would go visit Planet Project Entropia. I do like the new map and the revamped graphics... But there was just something about the old map... They really should add it as a stand alone planet!

Yes, I would love to visit my birthplace :) Back then I didnt have money, and loved the game. Now I have cash, but dont care for the game anymore, cause a lot of things changed and it feels like the game doesnt have a heart anymore...

Mindark once stated, this is not a game.. and it's not.. it's a virtual universe..
one that we grew up in and got to love.

Right now in this vu Mindark made the same mistake they did when they completely deleted the old word. In this vu they deleted cape corinth. It doesn't matter that the graphics looked old. I already miss having to climb the hill, go past all the market stalls with the small mountain on the right side, the chirpies, gibnibs and the shinkiba to the right. All of that is now gone forever. Mindark could have simply used a small area in the north of Amethera and created their new area there. Or if they thought the city looked old fashioned, update the textures, but leave the structures intact. They think of it as mere pixel replacementn and an improvement, but for a lot of players here, it's like ripping a part of their world and memory away. It's not all bad because the new cape corinth is a copy paste of the old gateway... so we got something back from the past as well, although I do miss chatting to the old veteran that used to hang in the bar..
So it's not about hanging on to the old, it's simply ripping the old away that bugs me. I guess while the universe is dynamic.. its players are not.

Where's the train back to 2005? I NEED to be on it!!

Oh Project Entropia, I loved you

Right now in this vu Mindark made the same mistake they did when they completely deleted the old word. In this vu they deleted cape corinth. It doesn't matter that the graphics looked old. I already miss having to climb the hill, go past all the market stalls with the small mountain on the right side...
Slight off topic, but is there anywhere on the forum with pics of the new Cape Corinth. I'm currently in space but when I'm on Calypso its where I like to hang out. It'd be a shame if they've completely wrecked the character of the place.

On topic, I used to love Hadesheim. And we all know what MA did to that...!

Yeah PE were awesome.

But, I'm pretty sure we would all be immensely disappointed if we could visit it and play like it were back then.
The game is far better today, in all aspects.
Except that the economy were constantly booming for the first 6 years. That's the part I miss. :ahh:

Yeah PE were awesome.

But, I'm pretty sure we would all be immensely disappointed if we could visit it and play like it were back then.
Except that the economy were constantly booming for the first 6 years. That's the part I miss. :ahh:

Dunno bout that.

Back then, PE was an awesome game for me in its own right. Now it's just a good way for me to feed my gambling addiction whilst killing (a bit) of boredom.

Then again, when I started I was a wee 14 year old... Now I'm a jaded 26 year old. Maybe that's it.

Nostalgia is worth a ton.

Yeah PE were awesome.

Nostalgia aside, this is very true. Perhaps not all aspects. But surely better in most.

A lot of people forget the bad parts about what it was like back then. Even though people in general still complain about some things with equal fervour (particularly loot, lag and server-down time).

And then you have some who claim the game is "empty" today. As if there were just 10 % as many online as there used to be. Well, what can I say? Relatively perhaps. But most forget to mention that the playable area is at least 50 times larger today than back in the days (post gold, much more if you consider the earlier stages). I, too, would like to see towns crowded and the chat-channels flowing. But just because people are more spread out doesn't make the game empty.

Slight off topic, but is there anywhere on the forum with pics of the new Cape Corinth. I'm currently in space but when I'm on Calypso its where I like to hang out. It'd be a shame if they've completely wrecked the character of the place.

Let me just say.. there's nothing but the name and the stalls that will remind you of cape corinth. And the stalls are now along the road to cape corinth (which is a good thing for the stalls) so it's really different.. No pics.. check it out yourself when you visit caly.

Slight off topic, but is there anywhere on the forum with pics of the new Cape Corinth. I'm currently in space but when I'm on Calypso its where I like to hang out.

Don't look for pics, wait till you see it yourself. I just came from Ark and went there, I heard the place is cool but didn't expect that :thumbup:

I'm amazed that traders didn't move there from Twins yet.

Don't look for pics, wait till you see it yourself. I just came from Ark and went there, I heard the place is cool but didn't expect that :thumbup:

Ok, I'll check it out when I get chance.

I miss the old trailer trash Caravan. Small, trashy, ugly but it was home. And it had a ring!
And I miss the hidden things that had no purpose, like the tall mountain with the almost inaccessible statues on top. Everything is just cookie cutter sameness now.

I vote yes as I am to new and never got to see it lol

For me it's not a question if i would visit old PE, most likely i would go there and never leave... lol

Just by looking at the old map of VU 6.0 makes me remember all the platers that do not exist more, can clearly visualize what I did then, and the location of the map as doing i loved the game then and was there about 6-7 hours a day.:)

The year 2006 was the best time for me in the game, so MA if you still have it MA bring it back as a planet. :)

Last edited:
I had this idea since we have planets. So sure i vote YES!!!
:)

The possibility to walk around in pre-VU 10 entropia was a topic during several WoF Benelux RL meetings.

I remember many people were in favor. Not per-se to use the old economy, hunt or get the old items in loot, but just for the scenery and the atmosphere. When I said I'd even be prepared to pay some peds to go there, Atami asked me "how much ped would you be willing to offer excactly?"

That sums it up pretty well.

If there is a positive business case to run VU 9 Entropia on (old) servers and building some kind of time travel/portal to allow people take a walk down memory lane, it might be possible.

If everyone who takes the Portal to VU 9 and pays 50 or even 100 ped, maybe its doable. But again, with the current way things are being handled in this game, maybe not.

But one can always dream, and given the responses in this thread, i'm not the only one :ahh:

I'm now stood on Cape Corinth. I feel pretty underwhelmed in truth.

Did they have a competition in the office to decide which town to cut and paste Port Atlantis? That big tower. Its a big, redesigned trade centre, its all fluff with no obvious other purpose. There's a huge bar on the second level, but like, d'urrrrrrrr! We don't have alcohol in game. What's the point?

Resources that have gone into this redesign could instead have been channelled into giving us the ability to sit on the ground, or to lie on the ground. Or perhaps to fix my Cognac Coat so that it doesn't look like I've got my tits out all the time. Or into any number of other bugs that are annoying the community.

But no, instead MindArk have done away with a great little town for the sake of it. I quite fancied the idea of using my CLDs to build my Calypso home on one of those hills that used to be at Corinth - in fairness, I'd have probably have had plenty of competition. Somewhere else these resources they wasted on the redesign could have gone. But oh no! "Let's waste resources making people go "ooh, that looks nice" while not offering anything new" seems to be the mantra at MindArk.

Very disappointed. :(

Pre VU 10 was a completely different experience. Post 10 is very nice too, but seems like there is a lot less magic now.

Pre VU 10 was a completely different experience. Post 10 is very nice too, but seems like there is a lot less magic now.

Yes .. This new planet after VU 10.0 has better graphic so it looks better but it has lost the atmosphere. magic and the environment who keept os inside here who we loved.

It is known as a new adventure every time you logged into one waited with excitement about what's around the corner now it feels so sterile and that it's just business.

Now that I think of it, I just looked out at the view bark a forest or a mountain or a valley in the game how beautiful it looks just thinking about peds, dmg and cost to kill the mob it is precisely this that VU 10.0 gave me.

:twocents:

So i need only one planet....the old Project Entropia. :)

Nasty, isn't it? So characteristic. Over the top, I might add. :laugh:

While I like many things in the new, wide world - there is really a LOT, I really many places to explore now - I will be in the line when the box office selling tickets to PE opens.

I am not absolutely sure that I would stay there, but it would be a real possibility. I am old enough to appreciate hand-colored shirts over cutting-edge computer-manufactured design, and I propably would not hesitate to kick away Cryengine and welcome magic. :) I was not amongst the very first colonists but I was early enough.

In all fairness people who come to EU as it is now, create their own meanings for places present now, but my strongest feelings were attached to the dark Jason Centre, the lonely bridge at PVP1, noob-unfriendly trip to Fort Pandora :D and other places that no longer exist. :( I don't like it. I don't like renovating, resulting in reorganizing memory itself, not in real life, not here.

(but I'll live. I have to. now, back exploring this universe)

EDIT: After visiting briefly the Corinth-Hadesheim area I must confess it is GREAT! The whole area has very strong character, and is looking good! :clap:

Last edited:
Dunno bout that.

Back then, PE was an awesome game for me in its own right. Now it's just a good way for me to feed my gambling addiction whilst killing (a bit) of boredom.

Then again, when I started I was a wee 14 year old... Now I'm a jaded 26 year old. Maybe that's it.

That's not it. I was 26 when I started, I feel the same. I have never understood why MA completely changed the look and feel of Calypso. I mean, they still could have added all these new Islands, finish amethera, add all these new systems and vehicles. Even the buildings in the old cities could have been updated.

But no, they made it easy for them selves, simply make a full new design. Demonstrating yet again that they have no clue and totally don't care why a large part of their playerbase even plays there game for.

Back