Planet Project Entropia !!

Would you like to visit the old Project Entropia?

• Yes !

Votes: 213 85.5%
  • No !

Votes: 36 14.5%

• Total voters
nothing stops us from making a project on some crowdsourcing portal like crowdfunding or similar. after we gathered that 1.5mio $ :girl: we just need to startup a company and buyout the old models and graphics from MA and there we go :tongue2:

nothing stops us from making a project on some crowdsourcing portal like crowdfunding or similar. after we gathered that 1.5mio $ :girl: we just need to startup a company and buyout the old models and graphics from MA and there we go :tongue2:

im in for $500 :)

Get peezle to be the chairman :p

If you find the investors, I'm in as a game developer :)

here a character model made by trance

I would give everything truly to play on the old maps.. I still dream about them. The game is nothing like it used to be.

Gah makes me reminisce ;(

As ever, people forget the point.

The issue is not if we want the old game back, that day is gone forever.

The issue is what we want the future to look like.

As ever, people forget the point.

The issue is not if we want the old game back, that day is gone forever.

The issue is what we want the future to look like.

I think, we really want the old game back.. we dream about the old map, taming , no vehicle, etc. At least my dream is how VU9 was, the best VU ever in entropia. so the wish here is to get this VU as a planet. If you go there you start from scratch, no items can be moved between other planets. They also just can run a PE game parallel to the new one.
Or even, some cool guys start to clone PE without MA as partner.
i think it needs just some investors, and a basic team of coder and 3d artist to make this dream real.
Lets see what will happens. I saw a game, made from some old PE player. They try to make the old PE, but it looks more like a early alpha now. Maybe we should invest some cash to this guys.

voted no

its old and out of date.
i don't live in the past nor won't i look back.
i see how the world is now and take a look into the future.

its just like for example :

you meet a girl/woman you like her a lot and she is great to be with, then one day you find out she was a prostatute and you leave her because of that what she did in the past.

I for instance wont be bothered.
what happened in the past i wouldn't look at, i would see her how she is now and will find out what happens in the future.
only old grandpa's look back in the past.
i'm not one of those.

entropia never had so much to offer as it does now , stop your whinning and bitching.
arren't you guy's getting tiered of yourselfs jagging all the time.
because i am kinda getting tiered reading and hearing about it lately.
its that much people who dont care can't even read around it.

soo and this was me jagging bitching and whinning, cheers Qs

voted no

its old and out of date.

you meet a girl/woman you like her a lot and she is great to be with, then one day you find out she was a prostatute and you leave her because of that what she did in the past.

what happened in the past i wouldn't look at, i would see her how she is now and will find out what happens in the future.
i'm not one of those.

entropia never had so much to offer as it does now , stop your whinning and bitching.

lol now i reread this last post of mine i come to thing that example makes no sence to this case lol
though see it as stop looking at the past , go for what it is now and peek a bit what it will be in the future , see the potential.

Back in the day the standard gun for most players (ex; ubers) was Justifier MKII or even punisher MKII, you could hunt for hours on end with a small sized deposit. You could always pull a team together for some justy hunting.

After some f***up bug and the loot went AWOL, MA sat up and said, we can't believe it the loot got screwed on the VU, but all the players stayed and deposited more (those that were around remember that). That was the start of the big decline of EU (at that very moment).

Then we had the start of ever increasing mob regeneration and bigger and bigger sized mobs.
Then came player ownership, to take a slice of the pie.
Then came planets with their own items to water down the Caly stuff and take their slice of the pie.

When players say new Caly has no soul, it's because most of the areas are dead. If you're not in an event, it's hard to spot another green dot. The two hottest places in EU: Fury...dead....Itacha....dead, even Neas...is almost dead.

The issue now is to compete in any of the events you need $40 just to buy a limited gun. Then probably a good $200 of ammo to have a reasonable shot at it. This current market is a different market to what MA started with.

That is why players look back in fondness, because it was a totally different game.....the old graphics remind you of that old game-play that no longer exists.

It's about money now, and only money.

Rick.

The fun now isn't a the bottom of the game anymore, you can only find it at top end.

PS: the other two favourite mobs, hunted by 100's of players.

Drones: killed off by MA, took away Gazz........why...money
Argos: Killed off by MA, took away iron.....why money.

Do I need to go on? MA killed our game, and they should look at themselves in shame.

Last edited:
I think, we really want the old game back.. we dream about the old map, taming , no vehicle, etc. At least my dream is how VU9 was, the best VU ever in entropia. so the wish here is to get this VU as a planet. If you go there you start from scratch, no items can be moved between other planets. They also just can run a PE game parallel to the new one.
Or even, some cool guys start to clone PE without MA as partner.
i think it needs just some investors, and a basic team of coder and 3d artist to make this dream real.
Lets see what will happens. I saw a game, made from some old PE player. They try to make the old PE, but it looks more like a early alpha now. Maybe we should invest some cash to this guys.

I think you are saying we need the old spirit back, which I agree with. But not the old problems of course. The old spirit meant players ( to my understanding ) meant people who did not steal or want to take from one another, but yes let us have no stupid glitches, or misshaped figures.

Back in the day the standard gun for most players (ex; ubers) was Justifier MKII or even punisher MKII, you could hunt for hours on end with a small sized deposit. You could always pull a team together for some justy hunting.

After some f***up bug and the loot went AWOL, MA sat up and said, we can't believe it the loot got screwed on the VU, but all the players stayed and deposited more (those that were around remember that). That was the start of the big decline of EU (at that very moment).

Then we had the start of ever increasing mob regeneration and bigger and bigger sized mobs.
Then came player ownership, to take a slice of the pie.
Then came planets with their own items to water down the Caly stuff and take their slice of the pie.

When players say new Caly has no soul, it's because most of the areas are dead. If you're not in an event, it's hard to spot another green dot. The two hottest places in EU: Fury...dead....Itacha....dead, even Neas...is almost dead.

The issue now is to compete in any of the events you need $40 just to buy a limited gun. Then probably a good $200 of ammo to have a reasonable shot at it. This current market is a different market to what MA started with.

That is why players look back in fondness, because it was a totally different game.....the old graphics remind you of that old game-play that no longer exists.

It's about money now, and only money.

Rick.

The fun now isn't a the bottom of the game anymore, you can only find it at top end.

PS: the other two favourite mobs, hunted by 100's of players.

Drones: killed off by MA, took away Gazz........why...money
Argos: Killed off by MA, took away iron.....why money.

Do I need to go on? MA killed our game, and they should look at themselves in shame.

And even if we could hunt a long time for a bit of money in 2006 then earned MA more money then nowdays, just look at their annual reports.:wise:

According to me, the big problem is that at the end of the year 2006, was MA a strong game company that has only grown in 3 years, this made them arrogant and they thought they could just pick for the money, so the only thing they did between years 2006 to 2012 was just a bunch of nerfs only now in the year 2013 they start to panic and started to try new solutions ----> the question now only if they can save theres reputation.

Last edited:
voted no

its old and out of date.

i'm not one of those.

This is not whinning :) I know a lot of ppl just wish vu9 back, much more as you think! Also a lot of the ppl just gave up to play after we got VU10. Just ask around how many ppl would like to see old PE or even a PE planet.

Old good days:smoke: i still remember that place & want back there :)

For new players like me these are .. will be .. the good old days. Nuff said.

Nostalgia is worth a ton.

Nostalgia aside, this is very true. Perhaps not all aspects. But surely better in most.

A lot of people forget the bad parts about what it was like back then. Even though people in general still complain about some things with equal fervour (particularly loot, lag and server-down time).

I remember extreme rubberbanding, when walking was like 2 steps forwar and 3 steps back. :tongue2: Worst VU's it was just swimming in random directions.

Remember Invisible mobs? And especially, remember the server-client unsync that caused mobs to be somewhere far away from the spot you were wasting your ammo ? Then they suddenly *blink* teleported to correct position relative to you.

Just to mention two.

I remember extreme rubberbanding, when walking was like 2 steps forwar and 3 steps back. :tongue2: Worst VU's it was just swimming in random directions.

Remember Invisible mobs? And especially, remember the server-client unsync that caused mobs to be somewhere far away from the spot you were wasting your ammo ? Then they suddenly *blink* teleported to correct position relative to you.

Just to mention two.

The rubber banding was annoying but we knew it was going to happen and could avoid it.

Most of us got used to those bugs, sure it was annoying but we accepted it. I doubt we would have been as accepting if they cost as much as some of mobs cost to kill now though.

In fact some of the bugs were quit funny, sliding along the ground on your back. Sliding down stairs, falling /running through walls.

I will have to say though that many changes they made we're very vocally accepted by many between 2006-2012.

Just to mention two.

I remember that VU9 don't had much bugs, it was one of the best VUs. They bug fixed a lot, before they shut down the old world.

I remember that VU9 don't had much bugs, it was one of the best VUs. They bug fixed a lot, before they shut down the old world.

I remeber a spot in Blue Zone NW where you was not able to hurt or kill any mobs but they could kill you, i asked MA to fix this bug for 2 years and they never did that and 2,5 years we got VU 10.0.

No, I don't want a remake; I want a time capsule and go back to 2006 to play PE.
Not only I was alot younger, but we had a great community.

Ahh well, nice memories;
just remember, old wolves do not die gracefully.

It could be done as a time travel storyline, an isolated area like NI's Ancient Greece. No weapons created after 2005-06 is allowed, no enhancers, no SIB, no other recent features. Also can't take anything back with you. ...
Have u visited the old noob area, Port Atlantis - Othros West Mound - Billys Spaceship Afterworld triangle recently?

Exarosaur was a decent hunting mob once, there was team hunts on the bigger ones. Now it has become harmless like fly - if they become too annoying it's a one shot kill. Small Daikibas, that have become Shinkibas now, same.
There was a Cornundacauda spawn N from PA swamp camp. These were so strong a noob pretty quickly learned to leave them alone... U could travel further N up to "Atrox belt", that was the natural border that only ubers could pass. Going east there was Atrax area, those had nasty big aggro range and damage to be taken serioulsy - if more than 1-2 attacked at once u were in trouble... and the occasional wandering Gokibusagi further east near Billy's Spaceship was a certain death.

The today's "middle class" (= not noobs any more, not ubers either) has close to 200 HP and 30-40 Evade. Means, big part of the old world would be no challenge.

Back then we dreamed about growing up and over time we did that, some more some less... Now we trapped, we can't really go back there any more. Would be like walking in some odd museum, but nothing to do there.

Main problem is our skills. So yeah, for this to work, definitely can't take anything back with you. Including skills.
If this requirement is followed, the same old economy would work the same way as now. Well at least no big difference anyway. The question is, would we really agree to these terms? Back then we didn't know about the big bad nasty mobs of the future, now we would have to sacrifice it all.

OK, suppose upon entering there's some temporary skill-debuff, say, 75% of all your skills will be removed - and when u return from the past u get it all back... then it might even work. Up to and including full days of hunting with no deposits.

Next problem, if this Old-PE-world becomes too popular, it might kill the economy on the "mainland"...

Remember that for a long time there was no L SIB and everyone used UL gear that wasn't maxed. The only weapons everyone could max was TT stuff which doesn't have much damage capability.

But now we can get maxed weapons at much lower levels.

Last edited:
But now we can get maxed weapons at much lower levels.

Yes, but it cost 5 x more peds to play about this. Most time I go broke about the gun cost!

Who played in old Project Entropia know it that the game is best... forever. What more write... PE was better than EU now in my opinion. I would give much to be able to still play good old PE. Old graphic and landscape have specific climate, What is missing now in EU. PEDs in loot mmmmm.
Greetings for PE gamers! :)

i Would definitly go back to Nymphtown for the Argo hunting there on the hills..............

i Would definitly go back to Nymphtown for the Argo hunting there on the hills..............

Yes i killd like a Gazilion argonouts (probebly a few more but i lost count) :silly2:
TTing hundrds of Omegaton a103 :D
Looting kangoo masks !
My first uberish hof for about 3 k ped :)

Ohhh those good old days *.*

I have lately been playing a game in Beta that is similar to what PE once was; and I must say, I miss PE even more now.
The only thing I don't miss is the very old mining system.
For the rest; yes we got better graphics now, and we all look like plastic, but I don't care. It misses adventure, exploring, good loot, items and stuff to discover. Friendship and good moments.
It's not all in the game; It's partly the community that changed, many left and greed remained.

Rawr! :3

Before VU10 set in, I went around and took pictures of each teleporter on Eudoria (and a couple of Amethera ones) to sort of catalogue what the game used to look like. For those interested in a little nostalgia trip, I've uploaded them all and sorted them into 'teleporter' albums:

http://s1334.p h o t o b u c k e t.com/user/Dragon_Raketh/library/

Obviously remove the spaces in the URL. Chucked in a couple of other random ones I had still saved too. Feel free to copy them / download them to your hearts content. Gotta preserve Calypsos history! :silly2:

...come to think of it, I still have all the pre VU10 client files saved too. :) I'd love to go back to the early days, and would happily sacrifice all my avatars skills and equipment to do so. No disrespect to the Environment Artists (I know you guys put in a hell of a lot of work!), but I found each location pre-VU10 had character - something unique/special about it. Whilst the environment is nice these days, the various locations feel very... samey. I can't quite put it into words, they're just missing... something.

Argh! Nostalgia! >_<

Edit: Yes, I know. Rule 4.1. Though there's no easy way of uploading and organising 100Mb or so of images in the gallery... or is there? Will I get told off for image spam? o_O

Last edited:
Rawr! :3

Before VU10 set in, I went around and took pictures of each teleporter on Eudoria (and a couple of Amethera ones) to sort of catalogue what the game used to look like. For those interested in a little nostalgia trip, I've uploaded them all and sorted them into 'teleporter' albums:

http://s1334.p h o t o b u c k e t.com/user/Dragon_Raketh/library/

Thank you !! Great collection! :cry:
The link was problematic as the forum shortened it, so here in plain:
s1334.p h o t o b u c k e t . c o m /user/Dragon_Raketh/library/

Found a few old Screens.
Anyone remembers on the Pandora Tower ? :D
Here is it !!
showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]

showimage.php
[/URL][/IMG]

It was a nice time ....