Help: Issue for another on EF

KlowN

Stalker
Krevorn KlowN Tzavask
Hey all,

Figured i'd put this up since people actually use PCF :)P) incase anyone can help them :). Thanks in advance

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/technical/209437-cannot-login.html

----------------------------------
/mod note/ I'll add this to the OP to save people having to follow a link to find out what the issue is:
This is what amymarie813 reported on EF:
Hello, i just installed Entropia Universe yesterday.When it was done patching, i tried to logon and it said it was down for maintenance, however it said the game was still up.I tried multiple times but nothing worked.And i tried again today after it had to patch, and it still didn't work.It said the same exact thing, I have absolutely no idea how to fix this.I tried reinstalling it aswell.It just says its down.And the only firewall i have is windows firewall, i added it to the exceptions and nothing changed.Does anyone know a fix for this?please?i've never even got to play.The last time i played was a couple years ago.I would like to play lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Still doesn't work, i dont know what to do at this point.so anyone who thinks they know something that can help PLEASE do

All i can think of is have you put "run as administrator" on windows? Hope you get it work somehow.

One thing suggested in the PCF tech support FAQ is:
Please make sure that the Entropia Universe is a non restricted application in your anti-virus software and firewalls, including the Norton firewall if you have Norton AntiVirus software.

You might like to check all the other FAQs there to see if anything else is of help.

Yeah i've looked at that...And im pretty sure that's not a problem.Windows firewall has it allowed.

I haven't any idea but you could try doing a tracert to the entropiauniverse.com server and see if it can get you there without trouble.

However, there are a lot of hops on that that don't respond anyway.

....i've never even got to play.The last time i played was a couple years ago.I would like to play lol

Might be a dumb suggestion, but have you tried to do a support case to check whether they might have frozen your account and thus you couldn't log in?

I do kindda remember that I had mine unfrozen back in 2008 before I could log in to play.

Definitely a lack of communication between your PC and MA's server. What country are you in? Maybe EU is "blocked" in your country?

If that's not the issue I'm sure it's a router thing. You can try going into your router and enabling "DMZ". Your ISP tech support can walk you through that process.

Menace

Might be a dumb suggestion, but have you tried to do a support case to check whether they might have frozen your account and thus you couldn't log in?

I do kindda remember that I had mine unfrozen back in 2008 before I could log in to play.

I dont think its frozen, my account was made a long time ago but it wouldnt say that the game is offline would it?

Hold on...how long has it been since you logging in with said account? Pretty sure after a while accounts are purged....but I could be wrong.

I have made a support case.I just got a response and they said i have to open my ports to "20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP port outbound for passive mode FTP 30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)" but im not sure what that means.They also said my internet explorer should be updated, which i doubt it is because i dont use internet explorer.i'm going to try all of these.

Last edited:
They also said my internet explorer should be updated, which i doubt it is because i dont use internet explorer.

Yeah, but the client loader does. I doubt that's your issue though.

tracert is a command-line utility that does just that: traces the route to a given server. It shows how long it takes each node along the way to respond.

From the website:

Open these ports in your firewall:

20, 21 (TCP Outbound) - Additional TCP Port outbound for passive mode FTP
80 (Outbound)
30584 (UDP inbound/outbound)
30583 (TCP Outbound)
554 (TCP Inbound)

Will be different on different versions of windows but if you go to 'control panel' then 'windows firewall' then 'advanced settings' (windows 7) You will be able to create new inbound/outbound rules. You will want to create new rules for 'ports' then you can type in the port numbers required.
Can be complicated if you've never done it before. I wasn't able to play the game myself for a long time because I didn't know anything about the ports thing. Eventually I gave up and it was 4 years till I tried again. Seems like this could be the issue though.
Hopefully you'll be able to get it working.
Best of luck to you

From the website:

Will be different on different versions of windows but if you go to 'control panel' then 'windows firewall' then 'advanced settings' (windows 7) You will be able to create new inbound/outbound rules. You will want to create new rules for 'ports' then you can type in the port numbers required.
Can be complicated if you've never done it before. I wasn't able to play the game myself for a long time because I didn't know anything about the ports thing. Eventually I gave up and it was 4 years till I tried again. Seems like this could be the issue though.
Hopefully you'll be able to get it working.
Best of luck to you

I don't know how, but this didn't work......my luck is terrible lol.

Okay, so it seems after i unchecked the 64 bit box it started working......which is weirde because i thought it was an internet problem or something.The 64 bit version in Aion doesn't work for me either, yet my computer is a 64 bit version.I dont get it ,can someone explain this to me?lol

Could you try to tick the box again and make sure that was the problem. Then delete the new rules you set up. I'm no security expert but I think it would be best to get rid of them if they didn't help. Maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself could tell us if there is any reason to delete the rules.
Glad your in though! Have fun ingame :)

brilliant :) better safe than sorry

You may have two accounts now which is not allowed. So best to check with support what happened with your original account and have that sorted out.

Gratz on getting in. Enjoy :)

Okay, so it seems after i unchecked the 64 bit box it started working......which is weirde because i thought it was an internet problem or something.The 64 bit version in Aion doesn't work for me either, yet my computer is a 64 bit version.I dont get it ,can someone explain this to me?lol

Your processor may support 64-bit operations, but unless your operating system is compiled for 64-bit operations, the software must be 32-bit.

In short: you don't have a 64-bit version of windows installed.

Back