Windowed mode, add the 3 missing settings

Society
DFA
Drifter007
Add brightness, contrast and gamma settings to be functional in windowed screen mode. It would help a lot.

If have noticed on many games that windowed mode does not have (or responds to) a gamma setting. I wonder if this is a technical limitation of the hardware or the drivers, although it seems rather silly to me.

:scratch:

If have noticed on many games that windowed mode does not have (or responds to) a gamma setting. I wonder if this is a technical limitation of the hardware or the drivers, although it seems rather silly to me.

:scratch:

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1266918186

Could anyone confirm it's true? Blizzard if anyone should have the knowledge and resources to pull it off yet they do not offer the option either.

I haven't seen a game that lets you change gamma/br/contrast when you play in windowed mode. I think it has something to do with how the DX API works, there must be a good reason.

Anyway, you can indeed change this settings even in window mode, but you have to use the nvidia/amd driver settings and setup a profile for the game.

It is a technical limitation to adjust Gamma in windowed mode.
You can overcome this by adjusting it in your Graphic Card's profile settings.

It is a technical limitation to adjust Gamma in windowed mode.
You can overcome this by adjusting it in your Graphic Card's profile settings.

Could you elaborate? How do you adjust this in GC profile?

Could you elaborate? How do you adjust this in GC profile?

Open Nvidia Control Panel > Display > Adjust Desktop color settings, select Nvidia settings and adjust whatever you want to your liking.

If you are on AMD then time to learn how to use google ;)

One pretty obvious setting I miss in window mode, is to fine-tune the X,Y resolution as it was in VU9 (or VU10 by fiddling with settigs-ce).

Back