I call for a boycott of regen nanobots

Doer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
David "Doer" Falkayn
Sigh. Really? Regen nanobots? You're really going to make us pay for what you took away?

I've been asking (and made a really strong case) for over a year now for MA to tie our avatar regeneration to stamina and with it give us the chance to get a regen more like it was 5-6 years ago. At that time, we had a regen like the new regen mobs: 1/20th of the max hp every 20s. It has since been nerfed to only 4 hp every 20s. This table summarizes the difference in avatar regen in PE/EU over the years, along with the effect one version of my proposal would have.

attachment.php

Note that this was from before Stamina ceased to be a guaranteed final reward in most iron challenge missions, and remember also that the parameters can be tweaked and this is just one version of the proposal.

Here's that same information in a plot

attachment.php

So now our regen works like it does for "non regen" mobs, and the fast regen mobs have it the way ours used to be.

I worked out all the details of the implementation, keeping in mind the long-term, extreme cases and proposing several options that would be both fair and similar to what has been possible in the past. One of the important effects of this change would be to motivate skilling and give a minor perk for long-term perseverance in completing hunting missions.

What was the response from MA?

The blueprint for regeneration nanobots was discovered yesterday. Now we can pay to regain temporarily some of what they took away.

Please join me in refusing to manufacture or use these nanobots. It's a very ineffectual protest and I'm still considering more drastic action on my own part as a result of this development, but it's something.

You can sign/bump below.

Last edited:
You can get locked/banned if urging people to boycut EU og parts of EU.

In my personal opinion, I would consider using and not using the new Regen Nanobots.

This is still a pay to play game, and everything you do needs a sensible reason to do so.

Crafting these nanobots could we a real cash-cow, especially in the beginning, as a lot of people are either impatient, got too much to spend or want to test it out.

Yet, using them saves you time you would otherwise spend differently.
- There are many people that go sweating when they wait for auctions, this would create more time for them to sweat, but it doesn't sound like a money saver, you just have more dull time if you don't like sweating.
- I don't know any stats, and the idea doesn't sound eco to me. Guessing the MU will be high at the start, and the question is if it can beat any low level or uber with a herb box or S.I. H.E.A.R.T.

For me currently the solution is simple, I am not going to try them out yet. First of all I want to hear about the results, MU, eco-ness, tests and what not before my decision is final.

Too many people are being totally indifferent whether they are locked/banned lately, just shows how general mood is declining. Seeing the glitches (very mild expression) with mayhem it will only get worse.

Nerfing is the name of the game :D

You can also get locked/banned for scamming, trapping, having multiple accounts to help you FAP, track loot cycles in Mayhem, and operate extensive market manipulating and reselling operations using auction bots. As all of these activities are still commonplace and the same names still out and about for the last half-dozen years, that seems to be a pretty silly concern.

It's also a really ineffectual way of breaking a boycott. LOL

Thanks for the bump.

It could be when they first "nerfed" it they had a plan then. Essentially that "nerf" as we saw it could have been to balance other features i.e. introduction of some type of buff's. I remember marco mentioned they were interested in buffs.

If they had kept everything same as original settings and introduced buffs on top of that the game really wouldn't make any sense e.g. people runnign at 100 miles per hour. Ok, I exaggerate but you get the point.

It's humanely impossible for any game developer to get all settings spot on on first day of a game release. Settings usually have to be tweaked especially when newer features are introduced.

You can also get locked/banned for scamming, trapping, having multiple accounts to help you FAP, track loot cycles in Mayhem, and operate extensive market manipulating and reselling operations using auction bots. As all of these activities are still commonplace and the same names still out and about for the last half-dozen years, that seems to be a pretty silly concern.

It's also a really ineffectual way of breaking a boycott. LOL

Thanks for the bump.

great post and very good point on how ineffectual it is to lock a player to prevent or punish not participating in elements of this game.
its sad to say i have mostly given up on attempting to make positive suggestions to improve this game because at best they are not listening, and as you have seen yourself, at worst they pervert a good idea into a poor implementation of a transparent new way to nickel&dime players.
sometimes nerfs are needed for the good of the economy or the game in general, and good for players, which should improve the bottom line at MA, but sadly this company does not seem to understand this simple fact and excels in seeking out new ways to slowly stab the golden goose to death.

Okay which clown of a mod moved this to Suggestions/Wishlist?

I considered putting it in Economy but General was the best fit. It's neither a suggestion nor a wishlist for the dev team--that would be the original proposal thread; this post was directed at the players.

You asked... they delivered... Enough said. That's Mindark for ya. They do listen and take action, just like a sadist genie granting your every wish as long as your desires fill their pockets.

Well i expected this to be more a symbolic gesture than likely to have any significant impact on game economy but i didn't expect that nobody would be willing to sign on at all.

Consider this comment from Bee earlier today: "If MA considers stamina useless why did they make it the reward at the end of the 10k stage of the missions." If you think about that, the possible responses are mostly rather offensive.

No-one uses any of the nanobots as far as I can tell, so there will most likely be a boycott by default :D

No-one uses any of the nanobots as far as I can tell, so there will most likely be a boycott by default :D

Threads posted here discussing them so i guess there are some scabs that use them.

So their fault was to give us to much regeneration in first place? I think 11-12 health per 20 seconds for ubers while no money is turnoverd is a bit much. I would like to get more items instead like theese vampire cloaks -they only heal us when we turnover money :beerchug:

regen nanobots?

So creating a new ava for "a friend", and have that avatar follow you around healing you with starting items?

I like THOSE bots :) + Reward is nice when u graduate em.

regen nanobots?

So creating a new ava for "a friend", and have that avatar follow you around healing you with starting items?

I like THOSE bots :) + Reward is nice when u graduate em.

Lol shhh you might hurt somebody's "brother's" feelings calling him a bot.

So their fault was to give us to much regeneration in first place? I think 11-12 health per 20 seconds for ubers while no money is turnoverd is a bit much. I would like to get more items instead like theese vampire cloaks -they only heal us when we turnover money :beerchug:

Their fault? Well there are a lot of things that i fault MA for, but too much regen at any point is not one of those.

Actually the point of the proposal was that regen be based mostly on stamina. Stamina is one of the most equally available attributes to everyone, because it could not be increased at all until recently. As long as the old/new avatar difference is dealt with, basing regen on stamina is actually one of the most sensible and fair things MA can do: it just makes sense. In contrast, a regen system based exclusively on health, and directly proportional, at that, is not practical today with the huge spread of health between uber and newb. And a regen system that's the same for every single avatar, no matter how many attributes and how much health it has, makes no sense at all.

Actually the point of the proposal was that regen be based mostly on stamina.

If this is the only point we could start at 1 health per 20 seconds for total nubz and max at 5 health/20 seconds for 350 health avaters with all missions

But you want to gain a lot more free health than today and this is the part I dont like... I want cloaks, items, spells for that - and not really free healing

If this is the only point we could start at 1 health per 20 seconds for total nubz and max at 5 health/20 seconds for 350 health avaters with all missions

But you want to gain a lot more free health than today and this is the part I dont like... I want cloaks, items, spells for that - and not really free healing

I've rarely found myself so surprised and disappointed by the lack of vision expressed here, and that's saying something. I sometimes have to explain this point to newcomers and even longer-time players who are bedazzled by freebies and shared loot possibilities, or simply don't want to deposit the PEDs to buy a bit of an advantage and thus don't really understand that maybe it should be possible in a RCE to have an advantage with better gear and better skills, and that perhaps MA should be a bit more considerate to their own survival and not crap on those persons and the "investment" after they make it, but i would expect a more veteran player, especially one who is arguing for basically just that (even though the sci-fi setting seems to have been forgotten in the process), to not miss the other, more important side of the same coin, the side that's essential to the survival of any (mmo)rpg. I've described that essential element many times myself, and it pains me to quote girtsn, but (t)he(y) does get that point. See if you can see it here:
And I will say that people like you are bringing the game down.
  • You just don't get that if there is no uber state to reach, there is no incentive to play. If all there is is an equal chance for all to earn some peds, it's just a very boring lottery with no goal. You deserve better chances if you invest time/effort/money. That's how real life works, and I think Entropia tries to follow the same idea.

Yes, your idea is embodied in that. But what else, that you missed?

You missed the part about time and effort, and the part about reaching an uber state. If an uber state is about nothing but gear, the game is essentially dead. MA has undermined the value of skills in several ways over the past few years, often to appeal to the beginner. It would be nice if they tied up the lose ends they left when they made stamina the top reward for long, arduous mission chains, when they made regen the same for the very top most skilled avatar and the next guy off the ship, and when they gave Agility and Strength a perk and left the most obvious one to modify regen "to do".

Last edited:
You missed the part about time and effort, and the part about reaching an uber state. If an uber state is about nothing but gear, the game is essentially dead. MA has undermined the value of skills in several ways over the past few years, often to appeal to the beginner. It would be nice if they tied up the lose ends they left when they made stamina the top reward for long, arduous mission chains, when they made regen the same for the very top most skilled avatar and the next guy off the ship, and when they gave Agility and Strength a perk and left the most obvious one to modify regen "to do".

I whole heatedly agree with you Doer, had there been no goals or milestones to reach I simply would have quit after a frustrating first month of playing. After seeing how far you could progress in the game and the dedication that it took to get there I sought to go after that knowing that I would eventually outpace most of the playing community. I would spend endless days and nights grinding away on mobs with little to no sleep and working a full fledged work week of over 90+ hours. I would be tired but I always kept on going because I wanted to someday reach that "impossible" dream.

It is appalling, to say the least, that they still have not at least implemented some other health regeneration for higher stamina players. As it stands, all Stamina really is at this point for me is a "mission counter". I don't do any new missions that do not contain Stamina as the reward; there's really no point to. It's sad that there have been many "new" implementations, items, gear, etc within a year time frame yet they still manage to introduce more bugs and less support for old "features". I feel as though my time and effort have gone to waste.

(Signed)
~Danimal

I whole heatedly agree with you Doer, had there been no goals or milestones to reach I simply would have quit after a frustrating first month of playing. After seeing how far you could progress in the game and the dedication that it took to get there I sought to go after that knowing that I would eventually outpace most of the playing community. I would spend endless days and nights grinding away on mobs with little to no sleep and working a full fledged work week of over 90+ hours. I would be tired but I always kept on going because I wanted to someday reach that "impossible" dream.

It is appalling, to say the least, that they still have not at least implemented some other health regeneration for higher stamina players. As it stands, all Stamina really is at this point for me is a "mission counter". I don't do any new missions that do not contain Stamina as the reward; there's really no point to. It's sad that there have been many "new" implementations, items, gear, etc within a year time frame yet they still manage to introduce more bugs and less support for old "features". I feel as though my time and effort have gone to waste.

(Signed)
~Danimal

Thanks for the necrobump. :) Glad to see you are still around.

It really appears there's too much ADHD going on with the designers at MA.

Thanks for the necrobump. :) Glad to see you are still around.

It really appears there's too much ADHD going on with the designers at MA.

I saw it in your signature, you shouldn't give up so easily. I was able to affect some changes through a similar style petition.

I haven't quit playing, it's just that due to my current situation (deployed overseas), that I'm unable to play.

I do agree that there seems to be too much ADHD going around and infecting the designer crew at MindArk.

~Danimal

... perhaps MA should be a bit more considerate to their own survival and not crap on those persons and the "investment" after they make it.
In the constant rush for new investments, new deeds we start forgetting that avatars and their skills were the 1st, the original investment. Because:
If there is no uber state to reach, there is no incentive to play.
Exactly. This is the foundation of the game.
If the foundations start to crumble, all the deeds that feed from it would inevitably go down as well. Oh wait... :ahh:

I don't believe the ancient regen nerf was a wise balancing decision.
i also believe it's not too late to reverse the nerf and link the regen rate with STA.
Gotta take care of the foundation.

Back