Trapping mode ON!

please exlain: Why is in there a quarter fence ??? These peep that introduced these useless quarterfence need to be fired or take the total consequences for all players and a ruined halloween event said:
exactly!!
!!!!!!

Need permanent or at least very lengthy bans to really discourage people from doing this.

Need permanent or at least very lengthy bans to really discourage people from doing this.

ya, a week-long ban for example. The people need to stay, but at the same time a week should be enough to let them know exploiting is a bad idea. The next ban could be a month and then three months. Discourage people from doing it over and over again while giving the dev team time to fix things.

For exploiters, as with everyone else, it will always be a cost vs benefit thing, so let's increase the cost of exploiting. Maybe devalue their skills by 10% each time they do and converting the tt value to ped which is then put in the players inventory.

This would, I think, hurt the exploiter enough to scare some of them off at the same time being mild on ppl who get banned "by accident".

Last edited:
ya, a week-long ban for example. The people need to stay, but at the same time a week should be enough to let them know exploiting is a bad idea. The next ban could be a month and then three months. Discourage people from doing it over and over again while giving the dev team time to fix things.

For exploiters, as with everyone else, it will always be a cost vs benefit thing, so let's increase the cost of exploiting. Maybe devalue their skills by 10% each time they do and converting the tt value to ped which is then put in the players inventory.

This would, I think, hurt the exploiter enough to scare some of them off at the same time being mild on ppl who get banned "by accident".

I do like the skills removal idea to an extent. it doesn't help for the avatars that are noob skilled alts.. but. its a start at possible solutions. Thank you for your input

I do like the skills removal idea to an extent. it doesn't help for the avatars that are noob skilled alts.. but. its a start at possible solutions. Thank you for your input

How about a temp HP reduction after a temp ban:

Low HP minus 70 to 100
Medium HP minus 100 to 150
Tough HP minus 200

they go hunt snables for a while.

Still drinking my first coffee...

How about a temp HP reduction after a temp ban:

Low HP minus 70 to 100
Medium HP minus 100 to 150
Tough HP minus 200

they go hunt snables for a while.

Still drinking my first coffee...

I think a more permanent punishment is more appropriate. without sufficient risk, the same problem will just continue.

I doubt punishment is the solution, fixing the problems in game is the solution, if you cant abuse a bug/unintended feature because it does not exist then the problem with /cheaters/exploiters wont exist either, the problem is the coders at MA not the players!!!

Imagine being at MA, looking at all that spaghetti code which cannot be changed anymore without breaking something else, seeing all these discussions on the forums ... not being able to do something about it ... and not being able to communicate correctly.

It must be frustrating don't you think :)

Just sharing a thought,

Atami

PS :

I didn't use the exploit, just notices once by accident the big pumpkin was stuck under the big tree after a revive and hit from 180M away coming to the beginning of the entrance ... I did see an clan warlord get stuck in the 4-fence and I was like wtf ... still, the other 4 bashing up my armor didn't make me think of it to much and when those 4 were killed I jumped in the fence and killed that one too ... after all ... my armor decay is compensated in loot anyhow.

Trapping mode ON!

To be released tomorrow.

PS. Yes I mean that it will not be possible to trap mobs inside instances anymore.

Regards

Have you not done testing or have you released this event as last large VU with knowledge that it has major deficiencies.:ahh:

I doubt punishment is the solution, fixing the problems in game is the solution, if you cant abuse a bug/unintended feature because it does not exist then the problem with /cheaters/exploiters wont exist either, the problem is the coders at MA not the players!!!

if I give u a gun.. and u shoot somebody, that doesn't make me the idiot who shot someone, that makes u the idiot. When I sold u the gun, I would have thought u had the common sense to know shooting people is wrong..

Stop with the its not the players fault bs.. They knew it was wrong and did it anyway.

If I knew that it would take 20 min for the police to arrive at your house and arrest me for whipping your ass, that still doesn't mean that I should do it because I want too. Its called self control/integrity/knowing right and wrong. ffs

Imagine being at MA, looking at all that spaghetti code which cannot be changed anymore without breaking something else, seeing all these discussions on the forums ... not being able to do something about it ... and not being able to communicate correctly.

It must be frustrating don't you think :)
Indeed.
They might have given up the last hope to AVOID hiring a competent programmer and level designer, by now.
It's never easy... :laugh:

So you say it is not MA´s fault that the bad designs and bugs exist?

if I give u a gun.. and u shoot somebody, that doesn't make me the idiot who shot someone, that makes u the idiot. When I sold u the gun, I would have thought u had the common sense to know shooting people is wrong..

Stop with the its not the players fault bs.. They knew it was wrong and did it anyway.

If I knew that it would take 20 min for the police to arrive at your house and arrest me for whipping your ass, that still doesn't mean that I should do it because I want too. Its called self control/integrity/knowing right and wrong. ffs

So you say it is not MA´s fault that the bad designs and bugs exist?

He is says that its not MA's fault that everyone is LOOKING for a way to exploit the system. SOME of us are here to play the game. Open your eyes.

-Bemo-

Im here to play, i dont use exploits or unintended features as i rather call some of them but still, to get rid of the problem MA have to fix the problems, that is possible in a computer world, in real life its alot harder to prevent crimes so its a very poor comparison.

He is says that its not MA's fault that everyone is LOOKING for a way to exploit the system. SOME of us are here to play the game. Open your eyes.

-Bemo-

Im here to play, i dont use exploits or unintended features as i rather call some of them but still, to get rid of the problem MA have to fix the problems, that is possible in a computer world, in real life its alot harder to prevent crimes so its a very poor comparison.

So if an hacker get in ur bank and stole from all accounts, its just bad shit coders and u dont want ur money back and that hacker dont deserve any punishment? I hope that happnet to u nad then blame the coders! No its about cheaters they just here to exploit not to play game!SO BAN THEM!

If that happens its the banks problem not mine, stop making real life comparisons, it does not work here!

So if an hacker get in ur bank and stole from all accounts, its just bad shit coders and u dont want ur money back and that hacker dont deserve any punishment? I hope that happnet to u nad then blame the coders! No its about cheaters they just here to exploit not to play game!SO BAN THEM!

If that happens its the banks problem not mine, stop making real life comparisons, it does not work here!

Ur bank account is virtual or can u touch it? Its somewhere in bank server and if u want real money u have to use a PC to get it even if u go to a phisical bank!

The bank account is not a game, thats the diffrence, and on top of that we are more or less forced to use bank accounts while we are not forced to play entropia, remeber this is MA´s place were we are guests and they can pretty much set the rules as they wish and fix or not fix stuff when they want to, but to keep customers happy they should deliver a well working product and there is where they fail when it comes to trapping for example, thats why i say they need to fix stuff they dont want players to do.

Ur bank account is virtual or can u touch it? Its somewhere in bank server and if u want real money u have to use a PC to get it even if u go to a phisical bank!

yes the hakers should get punishment but the bank will have to fix there problem also they cant say well its only one person that did it and the hack was not that hard to do so when he goes to jail he tell othere then more poeple do it then the bank say well its only 100 poeple doing it

yes give a punishment to poeple a month but fix your dams problem so it wont happen

and the problem is not a new one its one that have been there for over 1 years

some of you sorry to say get your head out of your asss

MA need to fix it or take it out of the game till its runs properly the way it was soposse to be

look at my hunting gloobals and look at them now for the last 3 year and there alot more like me doing it also

In what way has a trapper deducted funds from your avatars account? , not defending the action just curious since you made the irl bank comparison.

In what way has a trapper deducted funds from your avatars account? , not defending the action just curious since you made the irl bank comparison.

by a trapper not spending the intented decay from fap/armor, there is a cost loss that must be absorbed by a different means.... ie... our returns are lowered...is one example...second we can look at it from another angle

if only 3 items will drop from this mob based on how MA sets the algorithm and playerbase..

Dickhead A, really cant kill Marc queen but he traps instead and loot the xxx named item... now that item is outta the pool for the people who actually could kill the damn thing lowering their chanses even more of being able to get the item.

So yes its stealing from the players, not from MA.

Noob skilled alts (below 50k for example) could have their skills reset to zero. The only weapons they could use then would be ul non sib, but using these at level 0 comes at a high cost :) This would basically make exploiting via alts horrendously expensive and exploiting via the own avatar not viable. The amounts and levels would have to be exactly calculated but it would take away the incentive to cheat.

by a trapper not spending the intented decay from fap/armor, there is a cost loss that must be absorbed by a different means.... ie... our returns are lowered...is one example...

This assumes that armor/fap decay doesent come back in loot for the avatar in question, if it does then there is nothing to be absorbed by others.

if only 3 items will drop from this mob based on how MA sets the algorithm and playerbase..
Dickhead A, really cant kill Marc queen but he traps instead and loot the xxx named item... now that item is outta the pool for the people who actually could kill the damn thing lowering their chanses even more of being able to get the item.

Hypothetical this could be an accurate assumption, again assuming that item drops are totally random ofcourse.

The real issue here is not about event is about exploit! its proved that temp ban just make thinks worst! Because now all others that trapped or exploit in some way know that they just gonna be excluded for some days if u really had something to loose u wouldn't even try!

And the last idiot that got temp ban for trapping thinks he is a fucking EU celebrity now. Good job MA

And the last idiot that got temp ban for trapping thinks he is a fucking EU celebrity now. Good job MA

If you mean M3n@ce i assume he already thought he was that after running a event hydra to turret.

I dont understand why you give so much attention to him...

...these personalities that want to live above the 'laws' and cheat and have disregard for all other players...one type of person...narcissistic and antisocial...this person has both characterstics...ignore him...dont create threads about him(not sure how that feeds narcissism for him because there is certainly more important shit in life than this game and even the biggest ava in here is till nothing IRL)...ignore him...talk about something else...stop talking about cheats, exploits,, etc just feeding egos and making him smile while you frowning...

Brick

so from what i read till know there like around 20 people that think ma dont need to fix the problem

you know what they should have new skill added detective or policing every time you catch some one you global

i think they would better have police people in the game than fix the problem

also there alot of people that are not on the forum and will hunt the way its easyer for them to kill

when i play other game i use the hole game to my advantage but this game you have to think i am making it to cheap for me to kill oh i may be braking the rules

and were are the rules or bugs exploit show by ma most of them are not reveal only reveal by other players crying

if you put as much effort on getting poeple ban and put that toward ma to fix the problem maybe we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place

when i play other game i use the hole game to my advantage but this game you have to think i am making it to cheap for me to kill oh i may be braking the rules

and were are the rules or bugs exploit show by ma most of them are not reveal only reveal by other players crying

if you put as much effort on getting poeple ban and put that toward ma to fix the problem maybe we wouldnt be in this mess in the first place

this is complete nonsense, in other games if you cheat, even if its not a publicised cheat you lose your account, and you do not have to worry if you are making it to cheap to kill just not to exploit bugs, its quite simple

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...Does-the-eu-community-have-enough-cohesion-to

Noone wants to do the work to fix the problem tho...just MA to hand it to them...IMO just be new complaint from solution...

Brick

im sorry?
people now have to do MA's own job for them? you must be new around here or something because the community have made numerous suggestions to MA over the years, a item lock to prevent TT-ing and a secure lending system for example, that would improve the game or prevent problems but MA choses not to implement even trivial suggestions such as these. in some rare cases MA has listened, after a year or two, or three.

Back