flying faster in space with a quad

valivill

Elite
Wesley Wes Valivill
Hey all,

Many of you experienced it before but no one knows the proper answer to this.
We all have been shot by pirates, but most of them fly faster than regular taxi service quads.
I was flying straight and the pirate was flying straight behind me. After 5 min he got in range and shot me (no loot on me which is irrelevant).
ALL QUADS I MET ARE LIMITED, so no difference in speed

I was wondering how do they fly faster, which buttons do they press ?
Is it the same thing with the helicopter moving side to side to fly faster?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
all quads are L. in this case

I will update this is OP

Peeps are always going to find ways to cheat!

Memory hack, the speed of vehicles seems to be on client side.

It was discussed before, and for sure someone will came to tell you how they can get extra speed by flying in diagonal...

But usually they got much more speed than that. So:

1) either they had just a marginal increase not to arouse suspicion.

2) in can be legit and they have a much better PC and internet ping. I was participating in a boat race 2 years ago and even if I started first, I was soon lagging behind (in straight line with auto move on). Also sometimes when flying or walking I get a "hiccup" and move backward a little bit, as a position update.

Memory hack, the speed of vehicles seems to be on client side.

It was discussed before, and for sure someone will came to tell you how they can get extra speed by flying in diagonal...

But usually they got much more speed than that. So:

1) either they had just a marginal increase not to arouse suspicion.

2) in can be legit and they have a much better PC and internet ping. I was participating in a boat race 2 years ago and even if I started first, I was soon lagging behind (in straight line with auto move on). Also sometimes when flying or walking I get a "hiccup" and move backward a little bit, as a position update.

Correct. The pirate this time said "you were flying high, i just flew straight and we came close"
Which is bullshit since I entered space and flew straight and he was the same height and was faster
But Im not lagging, atleast not much.

Still there has to be some combination of keys to make you faster :)

you joined 2009 and dont know there are UL quads? <removed>

In this case..... meaning that the pirates i met use L quads.
Only pirate i know that was active that had an unlimited quad is stagger.
He didnt shoot me. Which is irrelevant aswell

Maybe read again. Could help you out :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this happen to me in past too. My quad was (L) and so was the pirates i.e. both quads were Limited. We were both flying in straight line. I repeat pirate quad was L and flying straight no movement in any other direction and yet it caught upto me although he was completely out of visibility range to start with.

Most likely was using an exploit like memory hack.

I've had this happen to me in past too. My quad was (L) and so was the pirates i.e. both quads were Limited. We were both flying in straight line. I repeat pirate quad was L and flying straight no movement in any other direction and yet it caught upto me although he was completely out of visibility range to start with.

Most likely was using an exploit like memory hack.

hopefully jimi herb got that msg aswell :p

Anyways, you think its impossible to use w+z or w+c to get a little extra gain? (doesnt work for me though)

Anyways, you think its impossible to use w+z or w+c to get a little extra gain? (doesnt work for me though)

It's possible but then they are no longer flying straight you should be able to see movement in other directions.

If they are flying absolutely straight and gaining speed on you it's a sign of using an exploit.

I wild guess but there may be a bug in EU/CryEngine similar to Quake's Strafe Jumping.

An overview can be found on Wikipedia here with mathematical explanation why it works here.

Or it may be something as simple as Speed hacking (manipulating your PC's clock/network packets sent to the game) or indeed memory hacks if speed of vehicles in EU are indeed only calculated on the client.

The punch line is - who knows... MA had been notified about this many times by many individuals (search this forum and you'll see) and it seems had done nothing about it so far.

thanks for your input ace. :cool:

Too bad it wasnt an easy solution or explanation how to do it :)

hopefully jimi herb got that msg aswell :p

Not under normal conditions, I've tried all that. They all go at the same max speed in the direction of travel, no matter which thrusters are engaged.

Speed hacks are bad mkay :wise:.........but still easy to do :(

I had similar thing happend to me when I went to visit monria, but the other way around.

(L) quad

I flew straight, saw pirate behind who started shooting. I did absolutely nothing but fly straight. He/She/It hit me a few times and after a while I still saw his laserbeams swoosh by me but not hitting me. He gave up and turned back.

I have no idea what a memory hack is nor have I changed anything on my "out of the box DELL laptop"

/udi

I had similar thing happend to me when I went to visit monria, but the other way around.

(L) quad

I flew straight, saw pirate behind who started shooting. I did absolutely nothing but fly straight. He/She/It hit me a few times and after a while I still saw his laserbeams swoosh by me but not hitting me. He gave up and turned back.

I have no idea what a memory hack is nor have I changed anything on my "out of the box DELL laptop"

/udi

An explanation might be that the shooter had some lower computing performance than you, enough so he lags a bit to lose trail.

An explanation might be that the shooter had some lower computing performance than you, enough so he lags a bit to lose trail.

Must have been the SSD disk that did it :) or maybe my charger has more watt than his.

MA, fix it !

findings

I run in to this when flying in formation with Soc. members I fly faster than they do and have to slow down to keep distance, or they can't keep up when I'm in lead position. The only thing we have come up with is I have a faster computer and fiber-optics internet connection. Just my 2 bits.

check the quality on your quads, and other craft odds are the quality/condition is whats effecting the speed. people in this game seem to be overlooking that tiny aspect.

Hey all,

Many of you experienced it before but no one knows the proper answer to this.
We all have been shot by pirates, but most of them fly faster than regular taxi service quads.
I was flying straight and the pirate was flying straight behind me. After 5 min he got in range and shot me (no loot on me which is irrelevant).
ALL QUADS I MET ARE LIMITED, so no difference in speed

I was wondering how do they fly faster, which buttons do they press ?
Is it the same thing with the helicopter moving side to side to fly faster?

Thank you in advance

The answer is because they lower the graphics settings to low thus decreasing lag and increasing the speed of there quad. I suggest when flying to lower yours to low and they will not be able to catch up to you either.

i have seen MF chips boosting speed as well

anyone checked if it works in space or if agility counts?

(L) quad

/udi

if he was chasing u then he would likely have been starting in a different (trajectory) to u so basically he cant or shouldnt be able to catch because if he was traveling in the same trajectory(paralell) then he wouldnt be able to fire at u so he would need to aim at u which means he would be waisting movement either up or down too... know what i mean?? :eyecrazy:

imagine it like this: if ur both going in the same trajectory, the distance remains the same. if he alters his course even a little then u will pull away. i dont understand the maths but im pretty sure thats right..

Still there has to be some combination of keys to make you faster :)

:lolup: this was in the actions menu before space recieved the 3rd update, then removed, if you have it hotkeyed.... dont ever remove it! =)

... MA, fix it !

The speed hacks are not affecting MA's ped card so it won't be addressed, you can count on that. They love their cute little pirates.

I run in to this when flying in formation with Soc. members I fly faster than they do and have to slow down to keep distance, or they can't keep up when I'm in lead position. The only thing we have come up with is I have a faster computer and fiber-optics internet connection. Just my 2 bits.

this is the way you do it... so if you have a slow ass comp or bad connection... sorry :wise:

yes lower all gfx to safe, turn off allother programs using conection and prey ... (same for any actions in lootable pvp..)

its combo of all procesor /gfx / hdd and conection easy to test

most shocked me when i try worst possible combo(on older laptop) for me and my UL quad fly slower than Vtol mk3

yes lower all gfx to safe, turn off allother programs using conection and prey ... (same for any actions in lootable pvp..)

its combo of all procesor /gfx / hdd and conection easy to test

most shocked me when i try worst possible combo(on older laptop) for me and my UL quad fly slower than Vtol mk3

true, also flying at the correct angle helps... people will still scream "speedhack" though...

Back