Why ban cheaters?

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
First everyone is mad at MA for banning Menace for abusing a glitch. Now everyone is really mad at glitchers and hates trapping etc. Make up your mind......

PS: Ive always hated cheaters and glitch abusers. Im saying this as everyone seems very bipolar on the subject

all features are bug exploits to someone on any given day.

First everyone is mad at MA for banning Menace for abusing a glitch. Now everyone is really mad at glitchers and hates trapping etc. Make up your mind......

PS: Ive always hated cheaters and glitch abusers. Im saying this as everyone seems very bipolar on the subject

Who was mad other than Menace that he got banned?

:lolup:

Who was mad other than Menace that he got banned?

:lolup:

Well, there were some people defending him... I think most of the ruckus that followed his thread about it was related to the modding of it and the follow-up threads, though.

Most of those defending him (incl. himself) did so with the argument that since MA had not fixed this possibility to exploit, it was OK to use it (despite MA saying it is not, and that doing so could have consequences if caught).

Well, there were some people defending him... I think most of the ruckus that followed his thread about it was related to the modding of it and the follow-up threads, though.

Most of those defending him (incl. himself) did so with the argument that since MA had not fixed this possibility to exploit, it was OK to use it (despite MA saying it is not, and that doing so could have consequences if caught).

That's the problem with people who have no integrity, their rationale is skewed or not there.

I bet none would use that argument to try to walk into my unlocked home to rob it.. Because the consequences are very clearly posted on the grounds. "Trespassers will be Shot, More than once if Needed"

MA need to take a clear direction on exactly how severe they will make exploit punishment. If they do not. soon shadow will sell for 5 ped because "everyone will be trapping" no more need for armor.:cool:

EU is in serious trouble if the exploits, glitches, bugs etc. etc. are not dealt with in a serious manner. Who in their right mind would want to invest in a game that is full of scammers, thieves, cheats? We get enough of that in the real world!

Grow some fucking balls MA and make an example of these scumbags! :yup:

EU is in serious trouble if the exploits, glitches, bugs etc. etc. are not dealt with in a serious manner. Who in their right mind would want to invest in a game that is full of scammers, thieves, cheats? We get enough of that in the real world!

Grow some fucking balls MA and make an example of these scumbags! :yup:

despite the use of a serif font for some odd reason, I agree :laugh:

I agree. But honestly I believe either

A. MA knows how loot works and knows that this isnt effecting the loot system. The loot system is balanced and trappers (if they ath or not) should have around 90% overall tt return or less.

Or B. MA is {removed} They refuse to fix glitches for some stupid reason. Anything that hurts them, they fix in a couple minutes. But when a no loot "glitch" happens, MA neglects to fix it. {removed}
Pretty sure we are dealing with B...

Last edited by a moderator:
what ma doing is like a police would leave money out in plain view on a bussy street whit a window open so poeple are tempted to take it and arest them when they doo

most of the problem is ma not fixing the problem

ow well there must be something new comming out

People don't care about Menace because he actually lost PED doing his exploiting (if I remember correctly)

But when people hear about exploiters actually having success, they get mad.

Anger should be directed towards MA for not fixing these glitches fast enough, not towards exploiters. It's only a game. People think RCE makes this game equatable to real life. Wrong. It's a game. It's the internet. We have anonymity. People will exploit unless there are severe consequences. And you can't blame them for it. Anyone who says they wouldn't do the same thing if there were no consequences is lying.

You call it "stealing" from MA? Oh my, I had no idea you cared so passionately for MA. Spare me.

MA needs to take a firm stance on their policy with exploiters. This black box method of discipline is clearly not pleasing anyone.

However, whipping out the pitchforks and calling for perma-bans just makes you sound like a bitter, petulant child.

"Don't hate the players, hate the game."

People don't care about Menace because he actually lost PED doing his exploiting (if I remember correctly)

Anger should be directed towards MA for not fixing these glitches fast enough, not towards exploiters. It's only a game. People think RCE makes this game equatable to real life. Wrong. It's a game. It's the internet. We have anonymity. People will exploit unless there are severe consequences. And you can't blame them for it. Anyone who says they wouldn't do the same thing if there were no consequences is lying.

You call it "stealing" from MA? Oh my, I had no idea you cared so passionately for MA. Spare me.

MA needs to take a firm stance on their policy with exploiters. This black box method of discipline is clearly not pleasing anyone.

However, whipping out the pitchforks and calling for perma-bans just makes you sound like a bitter, petulant child.

"Don't hate the players, hate the game."

First off....

we didn't say that :wise:

what we said was, its stealing from other players...

Second... if you gonna come in calling people children and shit like that for trying to get MA to do the right thing.. actually play the game some and don't forum troll.

I see you have an avatar from 2007 on here. but I see no activity on your EL since 2011..

Let the people who actually deposit/or spend time in game discuss this and shut the fuck up tyvm.

Did I say I was talking about you? Nope. Guilty conscience much?

So let me try to understand your argument here... Oh wait. :ahh:

Come back when you actually have something of substance to say.

Simple exploiter test:

Exploiter says:
  • it's only me and MA here, we're NOT competing against other players
  • if i steal i steal from MA
  • what real money? it's only a game!
All those arguments are insult to your intelligence ofc (provided u have IQ over 10 and can spare 2 minutes to think about it).
Then again, excuses don't have to look believable, it's all just a heap of sand anyway.

ostrich-head.jpg

Happy cheating, cheaters. Take care and try not to fall over.

If I mug someone IRL then shoot myself in the foot by accident we should all forget about the mugging? I'll happily report anyone I see exploiting whether they win or lose.

Mindark is just too soft.

They need to send out a strong message and ban hammer the exploiters/bug abusers/cheaters.

If they do that, we wont have retarded threads like this created every freaking day.

Everyone start mass reporting cheaters with screenshots and timestamps as well as avatar name in the screenshot.

Everyone start mass reporting cheaters with screenshots and timestamps as well as avatar name in the screenshot.

If that actually happened, there would be a lot of long time ubers and well know 'name' players who would fall prey to the MA ban hammer. :wise:

If that actually happened, there would be a lot of long time ubers and well know 'name' players who would fall prey to the MA ban hammer. :wise:
... and?

which reminds me, the 4th classical excuse is missing from my Simple Exploiter Test:
  • but but but... everyone else was cheating!

Fixt.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

But that's no excuse either.

Last edited:
What world are you living in??? Fuck all exploiters in the ass with an Argonaut mutated skull.

You should be punished for attempts to give them pleasure.

For what exactly? We are talking about present not past exploits. If MA harden up, no one would be stupid enough to abuse the system.

They just need to make examples of avatars.

i think his point is more like : be careful what you wish for.
As thou the meaning was not clear enough. :)

Let me rephrase this ingenious proposition of the Noble one:

"The situation is hopeless.
Everyone around us is a thief, robber and murderer.
Let's hang the innocent ones, it will be easier."

lol

Ever see those hundreds of posts that Cape Corinth should be remade?
Ever see those hundreds of posts that MA should implement "Offline msg" ?
Ever see those hundreds of posts that MA should start with "Tier bonus on armor"?
Ever see those hundreds of posts that MA should suddenly introduce "life steal" ?

The only part where MA have stated a BAN is in Calypso Depths. That's the only place where they actually have posted in game, and have had officials following around.

MA released Halloween instance and mobs got trapped by themself with shitty design (See how small the event areas is?). What? Mob got trapped so u should run towards 3 other mobs to get that single one unstuck? Really?
They actually created a small fence area by the highest zombie spawn which they run into and it's only one exit.? I mean? wtf?

Will MA pay you back for the decay of the armor if a mob gets stuck due to shitty spawn?

And as others state, the returns are stable at 90 % even if u trap or not. Some are just lucky and loot that single one with a profit. (Ever heard a statement from MA that eco is the way to go AFTER the rebalance?) I think not.

Seeing how many people "exploit" this should be a warning to MA to stop releasing new content and fix what is already ingame. If they save money on not testing their updates.. Then they fully deserve to loose money to the exploiters.

People want to quit the game? Fine, door is right over there ->

Last edited:
bla blablabla bla bla blabla blablalbalba bla and blabla bla blabla

My coffee is like a brown mirror.

Who cares.

And as others state, the returns are stable at 90 % even if u trap or not. Some are just lucky and loot that single one with a profit. (Ever heard a statement from MA that eco is the way to go AFTER the rebalance?) I think not.

MA said the single most important factor is to max your gear, wich indeed gives + to the higher skilled population, since they can produce high dps with no MISS events.

Eco , or dmg/pec if you want it, is just a way to make sure you get more spins on the "get your tt back" wheel, it doesent produce more loot, just makes your returns stable faster than if you go for lower dmg/pec while still beeing maxxed.

If you use 2 setups:, 1 with 2.800 dmg/pec and 1 with 2.900 dmg/pec, your return will over time be the same assuming you max both setups skillwise, and hunt the same mobs, the 2.900 setup will however make you reach the stable return faster, since you get more killed mobs to loot.

For what exactly? We are talking about present not past exploits. If MA harden up, no one would be stupid enough to abuse the system.

They just need to make examples of avatars.

the problem is yes they should doo something to exploiters but how long they need to fix the problem 1 month or 10 years

i guest if it dont hurt them directly its 10 years

instead of making new content they should fix what is broken oh what broken dont bringht them more money so they let it drag a bit longer

There is, as ever, more to it than that.

Menace forgot his username and tried to live up to it.

I think it is a mistake to ban anyone, and I do mean anyone, but an in game criminal.

It is never a good idea to ban people who want to use your service; as long as they are not trying to abuse it.

But this is another issue.

Banning Menace is like McDonalds banning a fat guy.

There is, as ever, more to it than that.

Menace forgot his username and tried to live up to it.

I think it is a mistake to ban anyone, and I do mean anyone, but an in game criminal.

It is never a good idea to ban people who want to use your service; as long as they are not trying to abuse it.

But this is another issue.

Banning Menace is like McDonalds banning a fat guy.

Holy shit. I finally understood something you said :eyecrazy:

-Bemo-

Holy shit. I finally understood something you said :eyecrazy:

-Bemo-

You got a wish: I replied intelligently to your post.

You assume from this other people in this world have reasonable issues with this game, not that you or I might fight over bullshit.

Flowing from this, try to get that other people also have good jobs and educations; also money and families.

Once you grasp this Bemo ( and I respect your input to the game ) other people matter, the game will be better.

Back