EU Test Server

kobar

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
kobar kobar bar
EU Test Server where portions of the game are made available for players to test out and provide feedback to MA.

It's for people to make sure the new stuff is working right before MA puts it into the game. Who better to help test how the game will be.. than actual players who play it daily...

Players who would have access would either have a verified account, been playing for certain about if time or have a minimum level.

It would be a separate download where anyone with access gets a default or random ava set by MA.

Ava would not be transferable between test server and main server.

MA could make it available when they want us to test new content.

I think it's a good idea.

would be a really bad idea to give certain players advanced peaks at future VU's

other games do it with success

but without a RCE............

maybe i should elaborate

say a certain vu will implement a new item, lets say a new cool gun, for example
if i run on the test server i know about the new weapon, i can determine its eco/cost. I know what drops it and I can determine the approx value of the new weapon. I know that the old weapons will drop in value and demand will drop. I know info on the future of the economy....

so i can then make decisions based on this info, eg sell all my guns before teh vu hits and the prices drop

so its effectively insider trading

the only way around is to give everyone access at the same time, which is what we have now.
I do agree that there needs to be proper testing but it cannot be by the players.

you mean like a WoW PTR . wont happen here . would enable too much inside knowledge.

It would be possible to test new areas like instances but only with "old" items in loot or no loot at all, after all its just testing so loot would not be nessacery, non economy related systems like anti trapping could also be tested.

but without a RCE............

maybe i should elaborate

say a certain vu will implement a new item, lets say a new cool gun, for example
if i run on the test server i know about the new weapon, i can determine its eco/cost. I know what drops it and I can determine the approx value of the new weapon. I know that the old weapons will drop in value and demand will drop. I know info on the future of the economy....

so i can then make decisions based on this info, eg sell all my guns before teh vu hits and the prices drop

so its effectively insider trading

the only way around is to give everyone access at the same time, which is what we have now.
I do agree that there needs to be proper testing but it cannot be by the players.

New items don't have to be dropped in a test server

Cool idea. This should have been done long time ago. If it's public server everyone can get the chance to both check future drops and help company do much better job at finding bugs (which should be paramount in a RCE environment).

I don't buy the RCE argument at all because once people start playing there all information on drops would be made public and readily available on public forums and such. Yes, might spoil the element of surprise but not much else.

Diablo 3 was and still is RCE (for now) and had test servers available to everyone.

Last edited:
its both a good idea and bad idea at same time :)

New items don't have to be dropped in a test server

so how are you supposed to test them then? you cant have a test server that ignores parts of the next roll out, defeats the point of testing as you dont know what consequences of those missing parts are.

according to rumors this fabled test server already exists and some top end players have access to it... supposedly

either it exists or not MA wont make a public one there is too much of an advantage given to the average player if they know whats coming next VU

This is a great idea.

New items and whatnot should be left out to avoid any type of economic calamity.

I also think the test server should be available to ALL players. This will be a great way to avoid bugs, give feedback to MA on future content, and test out all sorts of stuff that would be a waste of PEDs to test on your real account :p

coz test server cost money, and MA just need money from us and dont wanna spend... i just cant understand how its possible to fix 1 old bug and make 10 new bugs ^^ its not fking lineage2 java server, its RCE game with alot real money inside, but we still sit in demn bugyland :/

Back