It's Never Sunny on Planet Calypso

N. Radioactive

Prowler
Society
Alluvial Peace Alliance
Nicolas Radioactive d'Entremont
Nope, it's never sunny on Planet Calypso, or on any of the other planets in the Entropia Universe because they don't orbit the Sun... So what is the name of the star that runs the EU star system? And what galaxy is all of this taking place in? When you go out into space, you can see an other galaxy so this must mean we're in some sort of galactic binary system and not the milky way.

Is there anywhere in the EU story that details in what part of the universe or what constellation (from earth's point of view) that Calypso is in?

An other thing I noticed about space in EU, is that Calypso's largest moon looks a lot like the Earth's Moon. Anyone know if there is a reason for this resemblance? Maybe they decided to tow the Earth's Moon to Calypso with a really big space ship because colonists were getting homesick :laugh:

I'd like answers to these things !

Alright, so I was doing a little searching and found this post. So the name of the star is Omega 16 Reticulum. I also found this image. It's a nice chart but doesn't have any of the EU planets besides Calypso.

I'd like answers to these things !

Let them learn how to answer support tickets first. Fixing bugs is another priority. Naturally I agree that the background story to this segment of the universe were developed more.

Calypso's sun is called Omega 16 Reticulum. In the ancient times of kind dragons and developers who cared there was even a map of solar system in which we live. Of course there weren't any heresy like Arkadia, Rocktropia, etc. On Arkadia even local time differs for thousands years on the same timeline, so all hopes for a united storyline are dead.

Does that really matter? I still find mobs to shoot at and I can see them :sniper:

i think only arkadia and calypso mention where about they are in space

for next island its in another dimension or something not really sure iirc the background story changed a few times\

i never read the background story for cyrene and i dont think rocktropia even has a background story at all its just there...somewhere, for NDs amusement i guess

I think NI's only purposes in the universe are good TT long blades and crashing the MU on blood moss :rolleyes:

Alright so we have the star's name. I don't think they came up with a name for what galaxy we're in or where it is in space. if there is, I can't find it. I'm writing a fan-fiction story about my avatar and wanted to see if the info was already posted somewhere. If not I'll just make it up.

Such a poetic thread title. Really! Want's you to write a song.

Alright so we have the star's name. I don't think they came up with a name for what galaxy we're in or where it is in space. if there is, I can't find it. I'm writing a fan-fiction story about my avatar and wanted to see if the info was already posted somewhere. If not I'll just make it up.

The back story firmly establishes its the same galaxy as earth. The arkadia back story firmly establishes it as in the same galaxy as earth and at the very least branching off from the same timeline as calypso (if not on the same timeline).

The back story firmly establishes its the same galaxy as earth. The arkadia back story firmly establishes it as in the same galaxy as earth and at the very least branching off from the same timeline as calypso (if not on the same timeline).

So, we have a strange nebula of poorly sorted particulate matter suspended in a strange fluid with a high degree of fluid resistance to passing ships (enough to rob ships of momentum when they switch off the engines) and either:
  1. The effect on any atmosphere of projecting the illusion of a star in a day and night cycle
  • OR
  1. A very strange star whose output radiation is invisible in space and is only converted to visible radiation via interaction with an atmosphere - all somehow without scattering the radiation - cross-polarized radiation hitting a polarizing atmosphere?

The most likely explanation, of course, is that space (lacking even rudimentary orbital mechanics) is yet to make it into Beta :wise:

Dammit why'd you have to go and necrobump this and remind me how completely MA gave its original story and potential the bird when they decided they wanted a platform instead of an interesting sci-fi RCE MMORPG? :mad:

We're the colonists that got lost when we were trying to discover EVE (it hadn't been discovered yet ;)).

Back