Info: Share your small game hunting spots

Konve

Marauder
David Konve Williams
The idea of this thread is for everyone to share and share alike all the low level/small game hunting locations on Calypso.

If you have a location to share it would be very helpful if you provided information on the location, mob, maturity, how dense the spawn is and what other mobs can be found. Apart from that you can of course provide any kinds of information you find useful.

What is a good hunting location? Preferably just a one mob spawn (rare), with a low distribution in maturity and a medium to high denseness.

What mobs are am I talking about? Preferably spawns of mobs who's HP ranges from ~50 to ~350. So berycled, exarosaur, daikiba, cornundacauda, cornundos, caudatergus etc. etc. Those kinds of mobs. Basically anything you can kill with ~10-15 DPS. Small game.

All clear? Let's share. :wtg:

I'll start:

Cornundos
Young to ~Old
Low to medium spawn
No other mobs
Aprox 66200 73300 (south of Fort Isis)
There is an outpost at 66750 73200

Cornundos and Caudatergus (aprox 60/40)
Young to ~Guardian
Low to medium spawn
No other mobs
Aprox 73400 72600
There is an outpost small in the middle of it

Really nice spawn of foul (95% young) and dense for being a natural spawn at 79300:67600. I would jump to the eastern part of the road and run west, north, east, south (back to the road) and gather 60-80 (became laggy for me with more) spawn VTOL and shoot. Try to gather them on the road as they are hard to see in the grass. Did them unarmored, tag 3-5 and loot when I had about 20, they have quite a large agro for being such a small mob.

Really nice spawn of foul (95% young) and dense for being a natural spawn at 79300:67600. I would jump to the eastern part of the road and run west, north, east, south (back to the road) and gather 60-80 (became laggy for me with more) spawn VTOL and shoot. Try to gather them on the road as they are hard to see in the grass. Did them unarmored, tag 3-5 and loot when I had about 20, they have quite a large agro for being such a small mob.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing! :)

Exarosaur
Mostly Young-Old Alpha
Quite dense
Aprox 73400 72600

This spawn is mixed with small Faucervix.

Edit: A revisit has revealed that the mob maturity was off. I guess my memory failed me.

Last edited:
Merp
Provider-Prowler, possibly Stalker, a lot of alpha to old alpha
Low spawn rate
No other mobs what so ever
74000 70300

CAREFUL! Mod Merp spawn possible. You have been warned.

There is now a great place to hunt Merp

location.jpg

880/760 for prancers, one of the best spots I found for the mission.
Some bot and neconu around, but those are easy avoidable.

Merp
Provider-Prowler, possibly Stalker, a lot of alpha to old alpha
Low spawn rate
No other mobs what so ever
74000 70300

CAREFUL! Mod Merp spawn possible. You have been warned.

Ty, brilliant spot for what I have been looking for!

Great places for small hunt around Half Moona Bay and around Camp Phoenix. The devs did really good job there.

They are an excellent mob to hunt with grenade launcher!!! Even better now with the auto loot pills. Just run and shoot ;):monkey::monkey::monkey::rocket:

Really?!? I've been looking for a good prancer spawn for a long time...

...If this spawn is good, I'm going to give you 2 pec!!! :)

Have you checked out the spot between Argus and Rogue (roughly between Lat: 95070 and Lat: 94100)?

You get mainly small ones with an odd Provider. Sometimes, if you hunt for a longer time, the maturity seems to increase a bit, but not much.

There are medium Prancers between Zeus, the outpost ne of Zeus and the northern NSB hangars. But you have to know where they are, and usually you only get a handful in a certain spot and then have to move on to the next spot.

I remember shooting a few on the other side of the river s/se of Rogue in that Cornundacauda spawn - not sure though, whether they are still there.

Last edited:
Tezlapod around oshiri hearts, fairly dense, just circle around the TP.

I have hit all these spots - not dense enough for my liking and too small of maturity for me these days! :)

Thanks for suggestions!

I'm afraid, there is only one solution to your problem:

Buy a land area, get that DNA stuff and start your own spawn :yay:

Is bank of Nisha open for PED loan?? :money:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Now there's an idea!

I always wondered what is the cheapest OLA at this moment in time...

I guess it's something like: As far away from a tp as possible, all resources with a decent markup were removed last summer, the natural spawns are as popular as two single Rippersnappers in the middle of the ocean and the owner wants to get rid of it asap.

880/760 for prancers, one of the best spots I found for the mission.
Some bot and neconu around, but those are easy avoidable.

Ty, brilliant spot for what I have been looking for!

There are no prances there at all. Just Morsusilex and Berycled, I am sitting on that spot right now. Maybe your cords are backwards or something but there are none there.

In other words the location;
Top right corner of the Calypso Map.

It is a low spawn mixed in with neconu and bots.

If you really really want to find the spot, send me a friend request...

soon we see a prancer invasion event :)

Yea, I know of this one - thanks for sharing, but IMO too low and mixed - I'ma keep looking for dem prancers!

Agreed! I need that Laser Weaponry Technology skill reward from Stage 5 of the Iron mission!!

Actually its around an outpost 874-951 and top right map is about right. However it is mixed a little but not bad and it is the best spawn I have found. Unless you go around Argus but there the argos bother you all the time and you are in the PVP zone which means you can not see them at a distance and that is a pain because half the time you run in to argos:). Took me about 30 minutes to complete the 50 kills daily mission.

Merp Young-Provider (mostly all young-old)
mixed with
Tantillion

(81305,82910,204) Approx coords
Nearest TP is Fort Pandora

Reason I listed this is because it is the best spot I could really find for Tantillion which I needed twice for the daily missions. You have to drive around, but you can kill 50 in no time.

Cornundacauda - mixed maturity I think mostly lower.

(72073,89454,204) approx coords.
Nearest TP is Fort Argus

It's really that whole Peninsula that has them. It's mountain terrain - so might annoy people. It's really kind of obsolete now due to the massive Corn spawns near CC and Camp Phoenix - but it's still kind of unique place.

Huge Cornundacauda Spawn at 630,829 NE of Phoenix, great to mission!

by the Medusa teleporter down at the beach there are some chirpies. Not really many but enough to get the bonus mission done reasonably quick.

by the Medusa teleporter down at the beach there are some chirpies. Not really many but enough to get the bonus mission done reasonably quick.

Yea been there and is a bit thin but there are some at least.

Shoot, someone told me a while ago, isn't there an island somewhere, east of a TP or outpost?

it was island east of fort victoria I think

checked it out, didnt see any, maybe missed it

North east outside LA 42 in the lilla terrain, there it have chirpies and also little argos, more east from there it have some big argos like hunter and warriors. And it was the place where i got my first tower.

I love this little spot just east of Ithica over the mountain its full of little feffs, trax, and trox, some random trox guardian-stalkers but you only have to kill one higher maturity every hour or so they are really rare.

Back