Android app - Entropia Information

Craf

Provider
Society
We are the Fish
Crazy Fish
A new app in the Google Play store called Entropia Information. It takes data from entropiawiki.com and presents it in the app. It needs more work. Please send suggestions to the developer via email.

A new update has been released for this free Android app. It has added screens for Weapons and Materials, and also linked these from the Creature Loots list. Also added an import for Blueprint Materials which was missing in the last version.

The app can be found in the Google Play app store for Android apps.

A new version was released for this app a few days ago. This update has many more detail screens and links between screens. The data update process has been improved, and more help has been added to the main screen to get you started using the app. I hope to get another update out soon.

thanks for making this great little app, makes life a bit easier when searching for stuff on pedia :)

A new version has been released for this app. It now includes screens for clothes, and also has armour plating listed in the "Wearables" list (it is armour, after all).

Note that this app gets data from entropedia - but it doesn't access any of the malware - it just uses the XML data feeds, so there is no problem for your Android device.

This must make it the safest way to view entropedia data for now, until that site is fixed. Of course, it means that data updates to entropedia will be on hold until the site is safe.

I downloaded it and am currently doing the data update.

Since I got a nice tablet, will be very useful I hope.

Now to finish the data upload and try it out.

I was wishing for some android entropia related app so thnx for this ;) And with entropedia down the timing couldn't be more perfect :yay:

Thanks for the support I'm getting on this. It is nice to be encouraged. :)

I have put out two releases for this app recently. Information on armour and weapon enhancers, more links between items, and refining details of materials has been added.

This is for any Android device - find it in the Google Play app store.

An new update for the Entropia Information app is coming soon. I have discovered that some users are having problems with the way numeric values are being displayed. This is particularly a problem where your country's number format uses something other than a . for a decimal point. (e.g. South Africa, where a decimal comma is used). Thankfully someone reported the error through the app crash reporting.

I will be putting out a fix for this in the next few days.

The new release will also include Furniture and Decorations details.

A future development of the app will start to develop location information to be added for missions, creatures and other resources in the Entropia Universe.

There are now over 200 users of this app - thank you for your support. Please send me suggestions about how I could further develop it.

Remember - this app gets its data from the entropiawiki.com wiki site, so updating that site also helps improve the app's information accuracy.

Another update to the Entropia Information Android app went out today. This version fixes a few bugs, including the one that was causing users in certain countries to not see numeric values correctly. Sounds weird, but it was happening, for example, for South African users as in South Africa the decimal point is a decimal comma, so 1.2 is written 1,2. The app was not correctly handling the internationalisation setting that changed the . to a , and then it was failing to recognise the result as a number.

A nice interesting bug!

The latest update also includes screens and downloads for Furniture and Decorations, which are now accessible through the new "Furniture" button on the main menu. They have been grouped together because even Decorations are really just used as Furniture in apartments. It keeps the user interface neater.

Update time again for this app. Today I released a new version which includes Mindforce Implants in the Tools download. So now, if a mob has an implant listed in its loot (such as the Mulholland Boys) then the implant details can be viewed.

I have also split Instances into their own area. So far this just has the Arkadia instances listed. In entropedia Instances are listed in with creatures, because the instance itself provides loot, but they really need their own area. I have easily separated out the Arkadia instances because they have the word "instance" in their names! Quite easy really. :)

I also did some code rationalising behind the scenes, so that I actually removed more code from this release than I added - and still ended up with more screens and fuctionality in the app. For the user this means that all of the lists of creatures that drop an item now have the planet included in the list, so you can search by planet.

e.g. In the Materials list, tap on Advanced Mineral Extractor, then go to the "Loots from" tab, then search for "Next". This will show you all creatures on Next Island that drop the extractor.

Please use the app, and spread the word about it in-game.

There have been over 500 downloads of this app - thank you for using it.

I have done a few small releases recently to add more detail screens. I've also added location information for creatures, as a distance/direction from the nearest known point - such as a TP or a mission broker.

Also have been putting in changes to the values downloaded from entropedia to correct the health of various creatures which are not listed correctly on entropedia. This is due to the way entropedia assumes that the health of a creature is 10x stamina, but recent new low-level creatures have stamina, say, 10, but health 12 or 15. The Shoggoth on Monria are a particular example where this is the case.

A new release of the app will be coming soon... In the next few days.

Remember - this data for this app comes from the wiki site entropiawiki.com, so please update that site with your loot finds, including BP drops. The more information on there, the better this app will be.

awesome! gonna go get the app now! thank you for your hard work!:yay::wise::yay:

kind regards,

PW

Looks great, keep the updates coming!

I have put out two updates in the last 8 days. These have added extra links between items - loot lists now link to "Miscellaneous Items" - such as ESIs. Miscellaneous Items on entropedia also include some mission items, e.g. the Rocktropia police badge and radio, so on missions I have added a button that appears when the reward is an item. This also works for most vehicle and blueprint mission rewards, but some don't work, because of the way the data is stored on entropedia. I am looking into it, and working out the best solution. The Missions import now also imports Miscellaneous Items.

My in-game hunting activities have given me some data about the number of points awarded for "killpoints" missions. I have included this in and extra tab on the missions screen, where this is applicable. The points list also shows points/HP, which indicates which maturity is the most efficient for killing for the mission. It should help you get these missions in the most efficient manner.

Another recent addition has been more corrections of health data for some of the new mobs that have health values between multiples of 10 - e.g. Pygmy Chomper has 15 health, and quite a few of the Monria Shoggoth have health values between 10 and 20, or between 20 and 30. These corrections are made to the data as part of the data import, so it is best to reimport the Mob Maturity data to get this correction.

I will be doing a similar thing with other items as I discover them. For example the UFO (L) vehicle. I saw one of these on the auction yesterday, and tried to add it to entropedia, but the addition failed. I will add details of this, and other items I discover missing from entropedia, with the next update.

So, with the next few updates there will be more data added to the Entropia Information app that isn't found in entropedia. Entropedia itself needs some attention so that these items can be added, it is a valuable resource to us players. I know this is discussed in another thread, and obviously as my app relies on it, I am willing to help in any way I can to get entropedia fully supported again.

Another update has gone out today. There was also one earlier in June which I didn't write about (too little time to do so!).

Skills and Ranks have been added for information. The Skills list is dynamic. Initially the Skills list shows all Skills, but if you select a Skill it shows Professions to which the Skill contributes, then if you select a Profession you are shown the Skills that contribute to the Profession.

A bug fix was applied to sort out the problem on the vehicle details which ere showing ? for Custom Colours. It now correctly shows Yes or No.

I have also added a button on the missions detail screen, so if a mission gives a weapon as a reward, the button will link to the weapon details.

A new release today. Images have been added on most types of item. The images are loaded from the entropedia web site, so if you do not have a network connection then the images tabs are not shown. Images are not shown for Blueprints or Enhancers because they all look very similar, and are a bit boring to look at!

Also made a small improvement on the Weapon Attachments, Finder Amplifiers and Armour Plating blueprints screens so that a button is displayed to link to the relevant item.

Last edited:
I put out a couple of releases during August. The first was to add "Refines to", for Materials - the opposite of "Refines from". So on a Material screen, you tap the "Refines to" tab and it lists all things that this Material can refine to.

Similarly, there is now a Loots from tab for Blueprints.

The latest release now includes more information on the Armours and Plating list. The defense types are listed, and can be searched. So, say you want to find all Armours and Plates that give Electric defense, search for "ele". You can combine defense types, by putting % between the types in your search. So if you want Stab, Cut and Penetration defense, search for "stb%cut%pen".

Recent updates for this app have applied corrections and additions to locations of teleporters, creatures and mission brokers on Planet Cyrene. Now that the maps and locations, and mission details on entropiawiki.com are all broken, I have to make corrections in my app, when I discover the changes.

An interesting addition that I will introduce soon, is the dropping of Blueprints as loot from creatures. I had one such loot on Cyrene last week.

A few bug fixes have been done in the latest version of the Entropia Information app that was released today.

By saying "have been done", are you stating new bugs have surfaced or previous bugs have been resolved? :scratch2:

It has been a while since I announced any updates to my Android app, but they have been continuing, normally about once a month.

Most have included extra information on the locations of mobs, when I discover them in-game, because the entropedia site's Location pages are still broken. The data is included as an addition to the import process, so you must re-import Locations, and that will add the new data I have added.

I have also been adding mission chains and mission kill-points, for those missions that use the kill-point model. For some planets (particularly Next Island) I have put in corrections for mob-levels and maturity names.

The latest update now has a special filter button on mob loots - if you activate it, then it shows just those loots that have been reported on entropedia as being valid for the current version of Entropia Universe. For this to work correctly, you must import Game Versions after each update to the game. Then the app will know which is the current game version, and the filter will work.

Remember - the data in the app mostly comes from the entropedia web site, so keep updating information on that site, and it will help everyone.

Thanks to everyone who uses my app - I like to get feedback.

Back