Dear MA...this game has finally become unplayable for me.

Allright...THAT'S IT!!!

Since this thread started, I and numerous others have contacted support about hit-boxes. Nothing is fixed on other planets!!!!!

Ark has some stuff fixed, but not everything, it is still just like it was.

Most of the mobs I hunt are still messed up, and that includes pretty much everything on RT and Cy.

Buuuuuuuut, I went to caly, and for the most part, ALL the mobs are fixed!!!!

WTF????

MA...you fucked up the hit-boxes in ONE DAY!!!! But it takes months to fix it everywhere? My ass. You fixed your own planet, but said fuck you to the rest.
AFAIC, you want it this way, making it suck to hunt on other planets, except yours and maybe Ark. You WANT the other PP's to fail, don't ya? You do, and I figured it out.

So that's it for me. I will enter all skills into a spreadsheet and will be selling all those, and all my items. Right now I am too pissed to do anything even remotely associated with this game. Look for my thread in the next few days. Shit will be cheap because I want it over quick so I never again have to think about how bad MA fucked up the game I love.

You had your chance, MA, and you seriously didn't give a shit about us, and I am done.

Good bye guys.

Last edited:
calmdown.jpg

I would soooo punch that fucking monkey right now.

Ok, not really. But if it was a human, I would.

Edit: and yeah I know it's not a monkey...whatever TF it is IDK.

P.M.S.L. :laugh:

I reckon you'd win.

ALL the mobs are fixed!!!!

Nah, they aren't. As you can see from comments in that thread, same mobs are ok for some and full of frustrations for others. It even acts differently at different time, maybe depends somehow on your equipment, location, Lootius' mood or position of stars above Gothenburg. So there is no favoritism, just the normal dynamic clusterfuck.

I would soooo punch that fucking monkey right now.

Ok, not really. But if it was a human, I would.

Edit: and yeah I know it's not a monkey...whatever TF it is IDK.

Lemurs (Listeni/ˈliːmər/ lee-mər) are a clade of strepsirrhine primates endemic to the island of Madagascar. The word "lemur" derives from the word lemures (ghosts or spirits) from Roman mythology and was first used to describe a slender loris due to its nocturnal habits and slow pace, but was later applied to the primates on Madagascar. Although lemurs often are confused with ancestral primates, the anthropoid primates (monkeys, apes, and humans) did not evolve from them; instead, lemurs merely share morphological and behavioral traits with basal primates. Lemurs arrived in Madagascar around 62 to 65 mya by rafting on mats of vegetation at a time when ocean currents favored oceanic dispersal to the island.

Lemurs (Listeni/ˈliːmər/ lee-mər) are a clade of strepsirrhine primates endemic to the island of Madagascar. The word "lemur" derives from the word lemures (ghosts or spirits) from Roman mythology and was first used to describe a slender loris due to its nocturnal habits and slow pace, but was later applied to the primates on Madagascar. Although lemurs often are confused with ancestral primates, the anthropoid primates (monkeys, apes, and humans) did not evolve from them; instead, lemurs merely share morphological and behavioral traits with basal primates. Lemurs arrived in Madagascar around 62 to 65 mya by rafting on mats of vegetation at a time when ocean currents favored oceanic dispersal to the island.

Ty :)

Reading that was actually more fun than trying to play this game in its current state.

Always doubt science that makes claims like this...

Lemurs arrived in Madagascar around 62 to 65 mya by rafting on mats of vegetation at a time when ocean currents favored oceanic dispersal to the island.

...some scientists are so egotistical they think they even remotely have the knowledge to make this determination...this information is absolutely unknowable...ARE WE OFF TOPIC? :scratch2:

Brick

...some scientists are so egotistical they think they even remotely have the knowledge to make this determination...this information is absolutely unknowable...ARE WE OFF TOPIC? :scratch2:

Brick

no its true ofc the years they mention 62 to 65 i dont know where they found thise years
I beleive they did arrive toMadagasr that way

They seem fine to me, in fact I've been impressed how well the hitboxes cover the volume of the mobs. Maybe you are just hoping MA brings back the giant square hitboxes of the past? The ones that didn't require aiming skills?

62-65 mya....not 62-65 years....

no its true ofc the years they mention 62 to 65 i dont know where they found thise years
I beleive they did arrive toMadagasr that way

-mod- does this need its own thread? :laugh::laugh:

in an on-topic note...as unplayable as the game has become for you SG...seems I see a lot of your ava in global chat...

Brick

This lag everywhere , in auction , in drop , in loot , in craft follow up Disconnects

I done for now i hope MA FIX it on next year
<- Vacation

-mod- does this need its own thread? :laugh::laugh:

in an on-topic note...as unplayable as the game has become for you SG...seems I see a lot of your ava in global chat...

Brick

Yeah, but thats mostly mining and crafting dude. Because they aren't affected. ANd hunting, which I like to do most, is, and it is impossible not to global when you are constantly going around testing mobs. SO yeah, it can be horribly unplayable for me, and absolutely no fun, and aggravating as hell, and the fact that I still killed some DOES NOT MEAN IT IS OK.

They seem fine to me, in fact I've been impressed how well the hitboxes cover the volume of the mobs. Maybe you are just hoping MA brings back the giant square hitboxes of the past? The ones that didn't require aiming skills?

Ok, you are the one person who thinks it's fine, and seeing that you only globalled on 2 small mobs in the last month, I will assume those 2 are fine. Thank you. The rest of the mobs suck, and the rest of the players are sick of it, and there IS a hitbox problem, and you simply don't know about it and you think that ignorance can prove non-existence. Good for you.

It is NOT fine if I am in range on perfectly flat ground, and have to jump around to the left and right to finally hit it, and when I do, it is running at me and my ava keeps searching for target even though I have a perfectly clear line of site of the entire mob, and then when it is right next to me, every 2-3 shots ends with my ava stopped from shooting, as it searches for a clear shot, and I have to move around the mob to find a clear shot at least 10 times a mob because he becomes unreachable for no reason, and regens and hits me at least 2 times as much. How is that fine???

!

Last edited:
Ok, you are the one person who thinks it's fine, and seeing that you only globalled on 2 small mobs in the last month, I will assume those 2 are fine. Thank you. The rest of the mobs suck, and the rest of the players are sick of it, and there IS a hitbox problem, and you simply don't know about it and you think that ignorance can prove non-existence. Good for you.

Actually I've hunted many different mobs in the last month. I don't see what mob size has to do with hitboxes.

It is NOT fine if I am in range on perfectly flat ground, and have to jump around to the left and right to finally hit it, and when I do, it is running at me and my ava keeps searching for target even though I have a perfectly clear line of site of the entire mob, and then when it is right next to me, every 2-3 shots ends with my ava stopped from shooting, as it searches for a clear shot, and I have to move around the mob to find a clear shot at least 10 times a mob because he becomes unreachable for no reason, and regens and hits me at least 2 times as much. How is that fine???

I suggest hunting in manual mode, not using the auto-aim feature.

ok, lemur ! LEMUR !! :laugh:

they'd really better fix the hit boxes for good

!

This is totally right. Hunting small oro on flat ground, close to new player arrival. And then, continue to hunt jori in the water. End then hunting tiarak. And then nusul. And then halix.

On smaller mobs I use ancient red scorpion, on bigger mobs breer p5. ARS should give me 60 meters range, and i bought it just to be able to hunt naked from long range, and rapid firing, so i kill mob before it gets to me, DOA style:) I won`t say every mob, lets say every second mob fucks up my red scorpion range...... Radar clearly shows i am in the range, team target shows i am at 50-55 meters, and the stupid avatar still can`t shoot it. Flat ground totally. Without computer aim, when i use manual aim with mouse i can shoot, but i miss a lot by my mistake, because it is small mob, it moves around, that is why i love to use auto aim-auto shoot. BUT...... i end up doing this:
Jump, jump, shoot, then auto walk a little bit. Mob is half way to me, 30 meters far. Well, why the F i have 60 meters gun when it doesn`t shoot like that. I say once again, not every mob. Oro, halix seem to be biggest problem, nusul rarely, tiarak 50-50. And also elevated ground, it is really pain in the ass.

And one more thing, hunting jori, and not being as deep as the fish is, i shoot fish from slightly higher position, fish attacks me while it is under me, it hits me, i can`t hit it back. So i always have to be almost at same depth as the fish so it doesn`t go under me and make me problems.

BUT still, game is very very very playable, i love it, but some small tweak here and there would make it so much enjoyable. Was thinking of buying those cheap tt+200ped plasma guns with 150+ range, to see how would they react. I guess i will be shooting mobs from 70 meters with that gun:) Well, you know what, i will buy it and see from what range can i shoot small ass oro, and from what range can i shoot big ass Yuka. Will post results in a day or two.

Keep playing this crazy game, a lot of ubers chipping out, meaning less people making big profits from hunting, meaning MA is going to have less withdrawals from uber pro hunters, meaning more loots for us noobs :scratch2::cool:

Word

!!!!

(Anyone remember that VU or EBN news where there were random bangs at the end like that to emphasize it and it became a little meme for awhile?)

PS Your obvious response to being corrected about that primate is "lemur at 'em".

Let's just keep the issue clear then, the problem isn't so much the hitboxes but the auto-aim feature's poor ability to target.

Gerald, try putting a scope on your long range gun, you'll have no problem hitting the target in manual mode then.

(Anyone remember that VU or EBN news where there were random bangs at the end like that to emphasize it and it became a little meme for awhile?)

Exactly :) The extra "!" floating in space a few lines down gives a much more dramatic effect then having it in normal position. BerthaBot knew what it was doing that day :)

Back