Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Torschen Tors Kalevala
    Society
    Fintropia Elite
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Stockton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reminds me of the distant past U.S. poll about if they would vote lib/cons president (I think). That was conducted by calling - by phone - to the sample households. Voting day came and turned out the results of the survey were horribly wrong. The reason, they figured out later, was that the sample was very biased: only quite wealthyhouseholds had telephones that time.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    John itwasntme Remontoire
    Society
    Bravo Three-Nil
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloP View Post
    We can assume the behavior towards the auction for weekend players is the same as week days.
    We can not assume that. We know it to be pretty much not true based on things we can observe about auction.

Banned
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Peezle Peez McPee
    Society
    Meezle
    Intuition is the best guide here.

One can try to interpret globals and fl and average hits.

But, this is a poor indicator of numbers.

Intuition will tell you a few things:

#1 many of your old pals still play this game... which is what? 1000 players / month

#2 regular people you do not know very well... perhaps another 4 000

#3 irregular players, some 10 000 or so

The end result is, small beer.

If you hide your numbers, you are afraid of something. I take this as a given.

If I owned a business for 11 years my numbers would shine.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peezle View Post
    If you hide your numbers, you are afraid of something.
    Of a misinterpretation, for instance.

That number is relatively small, undoubtedly 1000s times smaller than active playerbases of the major online games. But the same is true if you'd compare the numbers of people who ride, say, Ferrari and VW.

This game is special and not for everyone. Would be a pity if potential participants were repelled by something like "Players online: 1500" on the game's site, because numbers alone mean nothing.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Under the I-96 overpass getting free wifi from Panera
    Xavier Target Technosplurg
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This game is special and not for everyone. Would be a pity if potential participants were repelled by something like "Players online: 1500" on the game's site, because numbers alone mean nothing.
    I think this is the key concept. I think most games try to appeal to everyone which is why I don't like most games. There have only been a few select games I have played for extended periods of times in my life. Most everyone has played and enjoyed checkers, but many less have taken the time to learn how to play and enjoy the game of chess. Games that take time to fully grasp to be able to enjoy scare away the average impatient person. EU is ever changing, but the easier they make it to play(addition of vehicles, detailed missions, etc.) they alienate those that found it appealing because of its complexity and trying to make it like most other games makes it less appealing because why do we want to play a game that is turning into something else when we could just go play the other game....

activity

can be much active people anymore, then it would crash alot often. just look when 2 soc goes in war in LG all get ctd BIG lag unplayable.

Provider
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Diablo DiabloP Minotaur
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    Of a misinterpretation, for instance.

That number is relatively small, undoubtedly 1000s times smaller than active playerbases of the major online games. But the same is true if you'd compare the numbers of people who ride, say, Ferrari and VW.
    lol, how exactly are we comparing EU with Ferrari now?

- Companies like Ferrari offer the best support for their customers among car companies. . . MA copy pastes its support tickets!!!

- Ferrari's don't lag . . . EU??

- Car's like Ferrari's are designed to provide the best performance for their customers . . . don't get me started on the bugs here.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Fanan Head Shot
    Society
    Digital Resistance =DR=
    Images
    I can see Svarog analogy clearly.

This game is not for every one! While on other RPG games you play 20 hours a day on higher levels without paying any more USD than the already monthly fee... here if you don't know it's needed real money! More money will be required to play more time.

Just like with the Ferrari, even if you got one as a gift probably you would need to sell it because the money for the maintenance, insurance and the fuel would be unbearable. The same happens here.

The niche of our game is so small that probably the next time I log me into the game at 4AM I would be scared to see only 500/1000 ppl online at that very second. And ofc that MA don't want that!

Entropia other games

Hunting in Calypso since: 03-Jan-2008

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    The discussion about subscription fee in that thread made me check something and led to interesting discovery.

Five of my ex-disciples are non-depositors who play at the lowest level - they sweat most of their time, sell sweat, lose the money on hunting and go back to sweating, over and over again, for years. And yet all five are within 900-1100 range in EL's hunting top, which means that the rest of 2500 people in the top below the 1100 mark are either struggling even worse or just aren't too active. Which in turn gives very interesting hints to the topic.

Dominant
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Images
    The discussion about subscription fee in that thread made me check something and led to interesting discovery.

Five of my ex-disciples are non-depositors who play at the lowest level - they sweat most of their time, sell sweat, lose the money on hunting and go back to sweating, over and over again, for years. And yet all five are within 900-1100 range in EL's hunting top, which means that the rest of 2500 people in the top below the 1100 mark are either struggling even worse or just aren't too active. Which in turn gives very interesting hints to the topic.
    Are the opted out users not counted toward the ranking ( while counting in the unique global total)? I just logged on ex tracker and couldn't find my rank. It may be simply hidden, i don't care, but i find your statement interesting like all your funny posts.