Ouroboros "Merp" Island

db123189

Guardian
merp4.jpg

location.jpg

spawn_calender.jpg

If there are any of preferences, problems or feedback you might have, don't hesitate to let me know.

*Young spawns already available to hunt now

Last edited:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for making the merp LA. :wtg:
I have few questions:
Is there any plan for old-guardian spawn, the best possible for bronze mission?
What's result of your experiment with the merp so far, do you plan to continue?

Hi,

First of all, thank you for making the merp LA. :wtg:
I have few questions:
Is there any plan for old-guardian spawn, the best possible for bronze mission?
What's result of your experiment with the merp so far, do you plan to continue?

Hi Amathera
Thanks, very happy about the reception of the Merp LA and can say based on the current results I would be happy to continue having this as a Merp LA.

The plan for this LA in terms of Merp is to have a revolving calendar of spawns to give everyone a good chance to do their missions and have a great place to hunt at the same time. The current spawn maturities have been indicated for two weeks each as to test the reception for the maturity, which so far I have been pleased with the response to the Merp Young and we'll see how it is with the stalkers when they come on the 16th.

There is definitely plans for old - guardian spawns for those who require them for the Bronze mission. As time goes on there will be a more set calendar and longer period in which different maturities will be available for.

Hope that answers all your questions :)
Happy Hunting! :yay:
DB

Currently transitioning from low to high maturity. Right now low maturity still dominate, but in time things will start changing. Please bare with the changes and a low on experience LA Owner, haven't made many changes before lol.

Thanks
DB:D

WOW, As written above change to high lvl mobs... just logged in today to complete my 5000 mission.. and 10000 after that.. But now High level mobs have been added to the area.. So again this place can not be used to complete the iron mission as not the lvl counts but the number of kills.. So I lose way to much time killing those high level mobs.

Also a MOD Merp ??? LVL 38 Way above my capabilities !!!

To bad I have to stop hunting the Merps again until a new Merp hunting area is made :(

WOW, As written above change to high lvl mobs... just logged in today to complete my 5000 mission.. and 10000 after that.. But now High level mobs have been added to the area.. So again this place can not be used to complete the iron mission as not the lvl counts but the number of kills.. So I lose way to much time killing those high level mobs.

Also a MOD Merp ??? LVL 38 Way above my capabilities !!!

To bad I have to stop hunting the Merps again until a new Merp hunting area is made :(

Hi Shinyboy

Sorry about the inconvenience caused I have only recently come to start my Merp LA and want to first try out the reception for each different maturity. Again my lack of experience in LA management is a bit of trial and error with the spawning. There will likely be young maturity back again very soon, but I first need to try a few things out first.

Thanks
DB

Also there is the odd Mod Merp running around, but really rare and not often seen. I am looking at reducing maturity a little to ensure they don't appear but can't be sure if it will work.

Last edited:
1st stalker global by me??? :wtg:

Any way to split the island in regards to maturity? Like west side young, east side higher?

Gratz Fred on the first stalker global on Ouroboros Island!

About splitting the maturity between sides is a good idea, but is not possible. A LA owner can only adjust settings of maturity and has no control on where they are placed. Usually it is random and places spawns in all corners of the land area, so usually two different maturities will be quite mixed.

Thanks
DB

Last edited:
i'd have killed many thousands if i'd have had a clue in the young phase, if the spawn was dense enough for heavy explosives skillin. maybe the big ones will help better loot though but worse armor decay lol

it will take a while for people to learn about the LA. atami's LA took a long time but i always saw a few people there at random hours. that was usually all young dense spawn.

the advertising will help!

Hi Amathera
Thanks, very happy about the reception of the Merp LA and can say based on the current results I would be happy to continue having this as a Merp LA.

The plan for this LA in terms of Merp is to have a revolving calendar of spawns to give everyone a good chance to do their missions and have a great place to hunt at the same time. The current spawn maturities have been indicated for two weeks each as to test the reception for the maturity, which so far I have been pleased with the response to the Merp Young and we'll see how it is with the stalkers when they come on the 16th.

There is definitely plans for old - guardian spawns for those who require them for the Bronze mission. As time goes on there will be a more set calendar and longer period in which different maturities will be available for.

Hope that answers all your questions :)
Happy Hunting! :yay:
DB

looking forward to a calender and the return of youngs, so I can finish my 10k mission! :)

Still making slight evaluation of the situation, but stalkers will be kept until 13th January 2014. So far through my experiment youngs have served to be better with more people hunting. I do intend to cater for those doing Bronze missions, will try out Old maturity spawn from 19th Febuary when everyone has manage to given their iron missions a good go. (still finding the best maturity and time to have them for.)

Spawn Calender

-Stalkers will continue from 1st - 13th January
Spawn adjustment period 14-15th January
-Young 16th January - 18th Febuary (Iron mission period for everyone with a lot to kill)
-Old (possibly mixed maturity) 19th Febuary - 31 March (experimental period to try out in order to cater for Bronze missions - maturity allows for everyone to hunt)

Now trialling month long periods.

Last edited:
-Old (possibly mixed maturity) 19th Febuary - 31 March (experimental period to try out in order to cater for Bronze missions - maturity allows for everyone to hunt)

This is what I'm looking forward too...finished my 10k on Atami's years ago, still only at 3k on bronze but Prowlers / Stalkers just aren't as worth it (well that and I'm broke thanks to MM). Thanks for the heads up! *makes note in calendar*

Torene

looks like I missed the stalkers, if its over in a few days I wont be able to grind my iron out on the big ones. ill subscribe so maybe I catch them next rotation.

Still making slight evaluation of the situation, but stalkers will be kept until 13th January 2014. So far through my experiment youngs have served to be better with more people hunting. I do intend to cater for those doing Bronze missions, will try out Old maturity spawn from 19th Febuary when everyone has manage to given their iron missions a good go. (still finding the best maturity and time to have them for.)

Spawn Calender

-Stalkers will continue from 1st - 13th January
Spawn adjustment period 14-15th January
-Young 16th January - 18th Febuary (Iron mission period for everyone with a lot to kill)

Still seeing a lot of high levels on the island and they keep spawning. When is it gonna change to youngs?

Still seeing a lot of high levels on the island and they keep spawning. When is it gonna change to youngs?

Sorry about that, the maturity decline has been going down slower than I thought. I'll make more adjusts.

Adjustments made hopefully you will be seeing a lot lower maturity in a few hours.

Hi DB

I sented message to you in-game and here forums, could you pls answer :)

density is low? Did you stop feeding them?

Please feed them! Hoping I can crush a few hundred sunday. There is just no good place to hunt the buggers

I will also help in the mass-killings of low-lever merps on you land if the spawn is big enough.. right now I have to run around a lot to find any..

there now - DB please up the food - I wanna slash and burn them all

according to his profile he wasnt online at PCF since august, so really no need to wait at LA I guess :(

Sorry everyone I haven't be able to maintain the LA for you all, my RL just took over and left me no room to do anything. As a reward for your patience spawns will be raised, so expect a ton of merp everywhere for the mean time as a treat. :) Hope that will go a long way in asisting you guys in your missions.

cool! Thanks for the response. RL does happen (who knew?!)
Glad you can put some TLC in for your land area. It is really needed. I'm tempted to say... "Feed you LA.... feed it...!

cool! Thanks for the response. RL does happen (who knew?!)
Glad you can put some TLC in for your land area. It is really needed. I'm tempted to say... "Feed you LA.... feed it...!

LA has been feed my friend! GL and Happy Hunting!

LA has been feed my friend! GL and Happy Hunting!

And not a moment too soon. I'm assuming that you saw the WOF mob list for the semi finals. Merp is on this time around and I was wondering where I would waste my peds

And not a moment too soon. I'm assuming that you saw the WOF mob list for the semi finals. Merp is on this time around and I was wondering where I would waste my peds

Oh I had no idea actually I just came back to Entropia with barely a clue whats going on haha, but I strongly encourage if there is anyone that is doing WOF and wants a certain spawn to post here, as it stands I have a mixture for people wanting to do their missions.

Back