another RCE?

Status

lyosha

Dominant
Society
Nebula Virus Elite
Kenshin Himura Battosai
A while ago somebody posted a link to a different RCE that was pretty cool but then got banned... could somebody that knows about this RCE please PM me a link? thanks.

I could be wrong but guess that aren't actually any other RCE besides this one. All the others are in beta or in pre lunch.

Just in case that I'm wrong pm me too with the name of the game.

PS: This should be moved to off topic threads.

There is a number of games that people often mention here as RCE, but none of them allow withdrawals, so it's not "another EU".

One is in beta for 6 years or more now... played a bit long ago, very poor graphics.

The other is a copy of the old PE, like a home made game by two guys.

Then if aren't allowed withdrawals how can it be called RCE? :scratch2:

It contains these letters D A T. That's all the hint I will give you, and no it ain't in that order.

Now i wonder if I'll get banned for writting DAT. :laugh:

When in the past i've heard people saying about SL another RCE and they didn't get banned. Seems legit.

How can a pre-alpha game be a threat to us? Unless this ain't the game the guy was talking about and it's already launched, then I can understand but a ban is too harsh, should delete the post and give a warning..

Just my :twocents:

One is in beta for 6 years or more now... played a bit long ago, very poor graphics.

The other is a copy of the old PE, like a home made game by two guys.

No, not these too. The latter is rather a hobby project as I understand. And the former is.. well, it's also a hobby project of 3 ex-entropians, but very few people aware of that :).

But there are other games, one is early-alpha (the A T D thing :D) and have nothing to show yet, and another in beta and available to try (lets name it The R), both use "real economy" words but of course aren't RCE because money go only one way.

I am concerned the other RCE was too similar to Entropia Universe, how they could create a game so similar without getting sued is a question. MA needs to wake up and see how pissed off players are and the fact that a better alternative could be a problem.

there are no alternative RCE games. there's a couple of garage/indie attempts, but they suffer from trying to be PE/Calypso too much imo. the RCE concept as it stands is flawed as people want to assume profit is possible, but ofc a business cannot sustain paying out more than it receives. MA gained a market through the novelty, but no serious studio is replicating the concept, which tells you everything. i believe its possible to build a game around an RCE concept but with more emphasis on the in game economy with the real cash element secondary. also a convergence with cryptocurrancies might create an interesting possibility. one day.

With more players then EU i just know Online Poker!

i have seen people be allowed to discuss or mention other games without any repercussions, which is as it should be. :p

It depends on the situation.

If someone starts a thread solely to get people to join another game, or to discuss another game, that thread should be closed. This is a forum for Planet Calypso.

If someone starts a thread to compare another game with Planet Calypso, it should be allowed to stay (as long as it's not a hidden advertisement for the other game or whatever).

/mod note/
If you want to discuss how some element from other game might improve EU, that's fine.

If you want to discuss playing other games, I'd suggest you go to the forum for that game and talk about it there.

If you want to promote other games here .. well, this forum has rules about that.

3.7 – Advertising/Recruiting
Advertising or attempts of recruiting community members to other computer games, virtual worlds or MMORPGs other than Planet Calypso is NOT permitted. Any and all such, references, threads or posts, including, without limitation, those that appear in avatar pictures, member profiles or member signatures, may be deleted without notice and may result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum without notice.

:locked:

Status
Back