PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
  1. #11
    Provider
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Rocktropia
    Avatar
    Diablo DiabloP Minotaur
    Society
    Freelancer
    Posts
    161
    Images
    8
    Its interesting how some players continue to dismiss this research when they fail to conduct a more accurate research. Saying things like:

    "I would guess the active player base is . . ."
    "I would estimate the active player base is . . ."
    "I think the active player base is . . . "
    "based on my experience I'd say the active player base is . . ."

    Is no way of proving your point. Until a better research is conducted or MA decides to reveal its "Secrete corporate figures" I would say 2200 is the best estimate we have.

  2. #12
    Alpha skunkjunk's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    deventer the netherlands
    Avatar
    skunk skunkjunk junk
    Society
    Universal born looters
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its interesting how some players continue to dismiss this research when they fail to conduct a more accurate research. Saying things like:

    "I would guess the active player base is . . ."
    "I would estimate the active player base is . . ."
    "I think the active player base is . . . "
    "based on my experience I'd say the active player base is . . ."

    Is no way of proving your point. Until a better research is conducted or MA decides to reveal its "Secrete corporate figures" I would say 2200 is the best estimate we have.
    yeah and while we admit to speculate and accually say we cant know.

    You do "research"based on crap information and claim it to be accuarate and tel it like truth

    You ful of so much shit and bring it as truth.

    Luckely all the Op has to do to know how much total bullshit comes from you is check youre previus post and responses.

    Thnx for prooving my point when i say a lot of people here are full of shit

  3. #13
    Marauder Svarog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    in ur lootpoolz, rawr
    Avatar
    Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    6,447
    Images
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by DiabloP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Until MA decides to reveal the actual number the best estimate we have is about 2200 active players:

    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...ve-Player-Base
    I really can't understand why you keep forcing this "research" (I bet it was you who posted it into Wikipedia's article). It doesn't matter if it's correct or not. If you play the game yourself it's not in your interest to harm it and scare off new players, and if you don't play then why bother at all. Unless you work in someone else's interest.

  4. #14
    Elite shoti's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    hee...the sky
    Avatar
    Shogomad Shoti 1st
    Society
    Ex Cons
    Posts
    4,005
    Images
    98
    Even if we consider DiabloP methodology a bit odd ,usualy once or twice a year someone try to determine No of active players. No mather what method was used ( stragest so far i seen was counting active mentor and comparing result to pool on forum how many of ppl is doing mentoring...then extrapolate results ) results were always similar and were in region of 4000-5000 two years ago and year ago. And 2000-3000 lately

    Personaly i think tracker data are most acurate - interpretation is the key.

    I think someone who can't global for year or so cant be called active in terms we are looking here. I am not seing he doesnt have imput on enconomy. It is just so small that can only falsify results by few %'s.

    Even most active auction zombie non depositor trading 20hrs/day or autoboter sweater 20hrs/day have only negative impact for MA incomes so considering such cases in terms of good/bad for MA and ingame economy or "wanna join game future trader" can be only marginal.

  5. #15
    Elite shoti's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    hee...the sky
    Avatar
    Shogomad Shoti 1st
    Society
    Ex Cons
    Posts
    4,005
    Images
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    [...] It doesn't matter if it's correct or not. [...]
    ooOO how's that ? Aren't we all seek truth about that ? I bet most ppl lurking here counted on some numbers being droped. Tehy are always same numbers

  6. #16
    Marauder Svarog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    in ur lootpoolz, rawr
    Avatar
    Svarog
    Society
    freelancer
    Posts
    6,447
    Images
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by shoti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aren't we all seek truth about that ?
    We can't handle the truth

    The question about EU's userbase is Schrödinger's box. While it's kept closed, nobody knows that the cat is dead.
    Last edited by Svarog; 12-12-2013 at 14:13.

  7. #17
    Marauder
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Few Scars's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2009
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Australia
    Avatar
    Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
    Society
    Supremacy Reign HQ
    Posts
    6,266
    Blog Entries
    6
    Images
    10
    The reason MA keeps it a secret is for the ingame Market value. If we pretend there are 1000000 active players we don't feel so bad when items don't sell. Maybe based on deposits, CLDs are 25% of MA income each week. Say 4ped per CLD ROI x 60000= 240000ped x 4 = 960000ped income per week. So that's $96000USD, now for arguements sake each of that 96k is a $100 deposit from a player. That's just 960 players depositing $100 per week at best, more so it will be a smaller number as some players put in $1000s per week. Now add on non-depositors and globals on Entropia Lif and you get a population of about 2-3000 active players.
    "Scars mark the journey through life..."

    Starfinder XXI: Warp Transport Service (WTS) Calypso and Arkadia, Total kick arse SI 62000 (Also for sale 80000Ped or trade lower SI Starfinder)
    Buying: Umbranoid Paste Pot 1500Ped
    Buying: Jacket of Turrelia (M).
    PA Mall shop #1, Level 2: Arkadian items for sale!
    Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004) R.I.P.
    Jeff Hanneman (January 31, 1964 – May 2, 2013) R.I.P.

  8. #18
    Stalker
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Posts
    1,914
    Images
    6
    Secrete does sounds more ominous than secret.

    Other than that, "active players" needs to be defined. Unique logins per week is a useful stat. Also the number of players online at any one time would be a good number to know.

  9. #19
    Stalker
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Avatar
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Posts
    1,914
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by shoti View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even most active auction zombie non depositor trading 20hrs/day or autoboter sweater 20hrs/day have only negative impact for MA incomes so considering such cases in terms of good/bad for MA and ingame economy or "wanna join game future trader" can be only marginal.
    Where do you think all those auction fees go?

  10. #20
    Stalker
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Avatar
    Mini MiniM Mine
    Society
    WSS
    Posts
    2,427
    Images
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Few Scars View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The reason MA keeps it a secret is for the ingame Market value. If we pretend there are 1000000 active players we don't feel so bad when items don't sell. Maybe based on deposits, CLDs are 25% of MA income each week. Say 4ped per CLD ROI x 60000= 240000ped x 4 = 960000ped income per week. So that's $96000USD, now for arguements sake each of that 96k is a $100 deposit from a player. That's just 960 players depositing $100 per week at best, more so it will be a smaller number as some players put in $1000s per week. Now add on non-depositors and globals on Entropia Lif and you get a population of about 2-3000 active players.
    that's insane depo numbers :P I think there are a lot more of the small depos in the 20-50$ range and not many that depo every week so the number of players are lot higher than you are estimating.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook