Question: How to help MA?

Ember

Dominant
JCT Ember Fireheart
As we know, MindArk hasn't done the best job EVER, yes, some good times, but outweighed by the glitches, problems, etc. How should the community, MA, or other groups help MA stay afloat? Post here on suggestions. REMEMBER: must be senseible AND fair for both sides. (Us, MA)

My response: Community needs to act. Fast.

Dunno about that. If we keep rewarding them for ignoring glitches and releasing new content that NO ONE CARES ABOUT... I think we're sending the wrong message.

Two years down the road... 500 more glitches, 30 new planets, half the playerbase. :eyecrazy:

...u beat EVERYONE to the punch on that one...I think everyone who read this collectively had the same idea...:laugh:

Brick

:yay: You too? :laugh: Yes, first thought that came out of my mind when reading.

And the sweaters have to say::wise:

Where is the test server?

Why are these systems not tested AND 100% implemented (50% implementation, for example; if the dead mobs not dissapearing is for taming) on a test server before going live?

I have to assume they are, to some extent... Why so many bugs?

Here is my idea:

Make an instance, available to everyone, from any teleporter.
It logs you onto the test server.
Nothing counts, it is simply for testing new game features.
Devs can implement Pre-VU features for the communityto test and leave feedback (support tickets titled: Test Server Feedback).
Once bugs have been noted and corrected, features can be implemented to the live servers.

Pretty simple? It would reduce, if not eliminate these troubles after each VU. Devs NEED educated testers... I'm not sure if MindArk has any...

...it was easier than rewriting it.

As we know, MindArk hasn't done the best job EVER, yes, some good times, but outweighed by the glitches, problems, etc. How should the community, MA, or other groups help MA stay afloat? Post here on suggestions. REMEMBER: must be senseible AND fair for both sides. (Us, MA)

My response: Community needs to act. Fast.

Stop making these bullshit post on double accounts to bring attention to issues the rest these multies seem to think that represents playerbase opnion of MA

Stop thinking this forum is a reflecion of the accuall playerbase.

Learn to accually play the game.

And be fair in commends about them , stop speculating with out facts. Stop blaming MA for player fuck ups.

If you find bugs report them to suport and stop spamming them with non stop repeats of youre same suport case if they dont fix it instantly.

Stop stating OPINIONS as FACTS

And stop talking on behalve of the community becausse luckely most active players avoid this forum as the plague.

This would be a awsome start from the playerbase side thats on this very crappy forum.

PS

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
How should the community, MA, or other groups help MA stay afloat?
- Buy shares and make sure Timkrantz family is removed?
- Buy a "job" to kill any politicians and beancounters suggesting 3-month-foresight is all we need?
- Buy shares and make sure and make sure the new CEO have an IQ above 100?
- Buy politicians, american style, then do something positive for EU with that bought power?
- Buy shares enough to get majority of the shares, and do something positive for EU with that bought power?

See a pattern? "Buy".

The ONLY way you can change EU is by "force". The only legal "force" is money. Either you go legal and buy the majority of the shares (should be easy, EU is practially worthless in international valuation), or go slightly illegal and push chambered weapons up nostrils (most interesting experience - I woke up to it once! :) )

Only partially joking here...

Help new players when you meet them. If they like it here, maybe they'll stick around and become old players. Like us.

Visit CEO personally and cry, cry and more CRY with real tears. Then maybe he get touched :/

Another response from me: Double the globals and stuff but halve their value. It's fun to get on ATH. Counters boredom.

Gameplay is half made by MA half by the players. Organize more hunts, more events, more good looking shops, more ads from LA owners, more fun youtube videos. Organize exploration expedition to Next Island, Monria or Rocktropia.

BTW if someone (including me) decide to grind 5 hours same mob and then say the game is boring who made it boring he or MA :scratch2:

And I'm not sure MA need help. They must have a lot of hiddens cards up their sleeve. There are probably stuffs like mechs, more space goodies and such ready just waiting to be deployed.

<removed>

MA needs to help it self. If you look at Arkadia the CEO and staff are very active ingame and in the Ark forum. Players feel involved in the Arkadian process, and the Ark Dev team doesn't bullshit about bugs, they acknowledge when there is a problem and try and fix asap.
Now MA runs Calypso, rarely ever communicates with players, is secretive about everything and generally doesn't give a shit about public relations. The CEO never addresses players. So MA needs to help itself. If I was in Sweden, I would become a share holder and ask why the Calypso/MA team doesn't listen to players.

<removed>

Please <removed> explain the inability of MA to make payments in time, if the player base is such damn active and happy. Sure, you said "is holiday now is Sweden" in some other thread.

We do not fracking care it is holiday in Sweden, and legally, is not. When you have problems as a private business, you do not go party for 3 weeks like is 1900. The problem is MUCH bigger than presented here in forum, and frankly I think people were quite moderated in being outraged.

Myself I'm not very comfortable making these posts, not that I still have anything of importance in game (except a small withdrawal due last week) but I do not want to be Cassandra of this forum.

MA cannot be helped, they are beyond help. For years they received free advice from players, they were BEGGED literally to stop messing things every time for over 2 years now. They can only help themselves (and when talking about Mindark is not like talking about a huge faceless company, we are talking about a maximum 10 individuals)

Merry Christmas to anyone!

Edit:
MA needs to help it self

Missed the post funnily enough, basically this sums it up

<removed>

Please <removed> explain the inability of MA to make payments in time, if the player base is such damn active and happy. Sure, you said "is holiday now is Sweden" in some other thread.

We do not fracking care it is holiday in Sweden, and legally, is not. When you have problems as a private business, you do not go party for 3 weeks like is 1900. The problem is MUCH bigger than presented here in forum, and frankly I think people were quite moderated in being outraged.

Myself I'm not very comfortable making these posts, not that I still have anything of importance in game (except a small withdrawal due last week) but I do not want to be Cassandra of this forum.

MA cannot be helped, they are beyond help. For years they received free advice from players, they were BEGGED literally to stop messing things every time for over 2 years now. They can only help themselves (and when talking about Mindark is not like talking about a huge faceless company, we are talking about a maximum 10 individuals)

Merry Christmas to anyone!

Edit:

Missed the post funnily enough, basically this sums it up

<removed>

You might not care about holiday season swedisch do (they a social bunch of people, try it some time)

Youre withdrawl is one of the few with issues, mostappreantly go smooth seeing its not brought up to much, they might jsut be checking youre ped flow. Many got payed later none ever not get their money.

The WE you keep referring to as where it was a accual representation of the player base and not those handful reatrded attentionwhoring people with issues beond the game.

Pleasse specify them , i am sure none of my FL is one those , seeing i never see them on this forum.

The people i see here with valid complainds are a fraction of the complaining dun.

Most who complain and speculate do it out of anger for fucking up themselfs, often they bin doing that for quite some years.

Easier to pas blame then to admit youre wrongs.

More tough then the complainds that are total bullshit (luckely loot complaining gets less seems most gamblers fucking figerd it out or left.

<removed>

The years of free advise you call it are a continiation of we want taming!!!!!! bullshit few people keep repeating it while most dident give a shit. If activty numbers had shown taming was BIG fucking thing they would have implemented it becausse it was cost with no real return for most(and seeing MA evil money hungry bastard in youre vieuw that would be perfect for them). (using taming as excample)

A lot of importand issues are handle , good idears implemented

Some dont like that and cant handle not getting it, to bad a few seem to find it nessecary to keep on pushing for the things they want.
And while it their personal desire they speak on behalve of the playerbase. Then some of their socm8's or multy forum accounts bump the shit up.

You a sad bunch of fuckers, if you get threate as shit by a company for so many years as you claim MA does...

Arent you in that case the bigges stupidest fuck of all time for not leaving the first time you felt ars !!!!!
(DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NO ISSUE WHIT PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO BE AS !!!!! AS LONG AS ALL INVOLVED PARTIES AGREE ON THE TERMS OF THE Ass screwed (the other word got replace by !!!!!!)pff censorship).

And again really dude.... a bong commend as a weak attempd to look better...... maybe its time you pick one up m8.

Close the forum. Open a blog with active topic posts by developers and staff. Off topic responses are deleted.

Rumors are no longer on an 'official' channel.

The community itself is the main albatross in this game. The forums are sadly negative spaces. Ingame the attitude is different, but a prospective player checking out the forums as a representative sample of the community will never see that.

Close the forum. Open a blog with active topic posts by developers and staff. Off topic responses are deleted.

Rumors are no longer on an 'official' channel.

The community itself is the main albatross in this game. The forums are sadly negative spaces. Ingame the attitude is different, but a prospective player checking out the forums as a representative sample of the community will never see that.

That could be a positive influence indeed.

The only way I see MA changing is a change in leadership, and the only way that is going to happen is if someone with enough money comes along and buys out the company.

So its decided then.... Death to the forums!!!!! what we need is good old fashioned propaganda without the annoyance of public opinion!!!! We will surely prosper then!........ Each should deposit to their ability and each should be allocated PED to their need by the great and powerful MA!

So its decided then.... Death to the forums!!!!! what we need is good old fashioned propaganda without the annoyance of public opinion!!!! We will surely prosper then!........ Each should deposit to their ability and each should be allocated PED to their need by the great and powerful MA!

We already have propaganda , the structual NON-factual complaining by some who spread total bullshit as truth or claim it to the general vieuw of the playerbase.

public opinion is something diffrent then undermining NON fact based structual complaining becausse it issent like you want it.

Opnion should stay opnion and should be told as being a opnion. On this forum there some hardcore no-lifers who do not like that theire idears are not suported by the main player base and they go true exstensive effort to keep theire opinion being told as truth.

Free speech is something else then the right to slander a company or person without stating any facts just becausse you a spoiled little fuck that cant get his way (disclaimer: not calling xavier a spoilled little fuck).

Give the CEO of Arkadia MindArk, give him an investment, watch him go ;)

I think you are under the impression that there is some sort of democracy going on here.

You are confusing a business with a government.

The reason why democracy exists is because people often dont elect to be where they are, they simply exist where they exist. Consensus must be reached or people start killing each other.

Every person that plays a video game elects to play it. You may feel like strangling the person behind the screen somewhere else in the world, but you're not actually going to. Their life is in no danger, and neither is yours.

Check your democracy at the door. This is a business, a fictional realm created by a made up organization that really is nothing more than a bunch of harmless paper, and a few digital zeros and ones.

If you want your forum, you may elect to create one. This forum may elect to remain open.

What I am saying is MA drop their endorsement of the forum, in all its forms. No more dev visits. Period. MA open a development blog as a community portal, instead of a forum, and closely monitor topic discussions. MA enforce copyrights on the names Calypso, Entropia, etc. Legally force all websites that use those names into some form of compliance, or prosecute them for libel and collect damages.

Shut down the trash sites, or remove them from being a factor by lowering their google page rank so that desirable information about the product ranks first.

Last edited:
Here is an idea, read carefully.

Step 1 - Locate a few broken objects arround your house you no longer need or want.
Step 2 - Select the smallest and lightest of all of them.
Step 3 - Put it in a box with a personal letter from you.
Step 4 - Mail it directly to MA's office at Gothenburg.

The letter you attached reads:
How does it feel?

Mailing information:
Mindark PE AB (publ)
Jarntorget 8
SE 413 04 Gothenburg
Sweden

Merry Xmas !

:laugh:

Here is an idea, read carefully.

Step 1 - Locate a few broken objects arround your house you no longer need or want.
Step 2 - Select the smallest and lightest of all of them.
Step 3 - Put it in a box with a personal letter from you.
Step 4 - Mail it directly to MA's office at Gothenburg.
[\QUOTE]

Now here's an idea I can get behind. I have lots of broken stuff. I could also break something to have a extra light item...
:yup:

to me help MA , MA need help me!(Stop mess our loots)

easy no?

How to help MA?

Simple really:
* On forum read what people have to say but don't follow them blindly or let them get to you
* Try to understand developers and what they are trying to achieve
* Make your own decisions taking into account as much info as you can
* Keep in mind just because most people say or believe something does not mean they are right. So don't be afraid to stand alone

/mod note/ getting waaay off topic here guys, and into the realm of personal attacks. :argue:

:topic:

<removed>

Now, to keep this particular argument on topic, this is a case in point.

This guy, rather than have a civil discussion, wants to browbeat anyone who disagrees with him through namecalling and various other avenues of public ridicule. This forum is full of these kinds of posts, and it is these posts that are damaging.

I tend to try to give people a taste of their own medicine, which is not saying I'm above this at all. I'm right in the thick of it. I've come to the conclusion over years of doing this that it simply is not possible to remedy this community, because the community itself refuses to see its own reflection for what it is. It's like a collective dysmorphic disorder, where we see our ugliness as beauty, and our beauty as not beautiful enough.

It's disgusting.

Given the tendencies of people across the web to be abusive on forums, and the abusiveness that goes on here everyday, I re-iterate my point.

How do we help MA?

We encourage them to drop endorsement of the forum, and convert dev communications into a well maintained and well moderated blog where off topic complaint posts and user infighting are against the rules completely, and are simply removed.

Back