Question: How to help MA?

<removed>

Now, to keep this particular argument on topic, this is a case in point.

This guy, rather than have a civil discussion, wants to browbeat anyone who disagrees with him through namecalling and various other avenues of public ridicule. This forum is full of these kinds of posts, and it is these posts that are damaging.

I tend to try to give people a taste of their own medicine, which is not saying I'm above this at all. I'm right in the thick of it. I've come to the conclusion over years of doing this that it simply is not possible to remedy this community, because the community itself refuses to see its own reflection for what it is. It's like a collective dysmorphic disorder, where we see our ugliness as beauty, and our beauty as not beautiful enough.

It's disgusting.

Given the tendencies of people across the web to be abusive on forums, and the abusiveness that goes on here everyday, I re-iterate my point.

How do we help MA?

We encourage them to drop endorsement of the forum, and convert dev communications into a well maintained and well moderated blog where off topic complaint posts and user infighting are against the rules completely, and are simply removed.

i agree 100%

Best way to help MA is to help yourself. If you do this your happy and everyone else will be happy including other players and MA.

Question is how do you help yourself? That depends on person to person look at what matters to you and try to fix it e.g. if your not happy about loot consider changing strategies or even a complete change of gameplay. For example offering some kind of service e.g. fapping could be a new strategy. It all really depends on what you like doing and figuring out a place for yourself in this world. A place/role which your happy with...

How do we help MA?

We encourage them to drop endorsement of the forum, and convert dev communications into a well maintained and well moderated blog where off topic complaint posts and user infighting are against the rules completely, and are simply removed.

I don't think this is the right approach. I'll write a more detailed answer later when I have time and if I remember...

Merry Christmas to anyone!

Sorry way off topic here but just need to say: OMG this hasn't been replaced by <removed>!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!:confused:

As we know, MindArk hasn't done the best job EVER, yes, some good times, but outweighed by the glitches, problems, etc. How should the community, MA, or other groups help MA stay afloat? Post here on suggestions. REMEMBER: must be senseible AND fair for both sides. (Us, MA)

My response: Community needs to act. Fast.

My sister Jamira did it. She helped Akoz and the MA modelling team with 3D models for the Monria apartments and shops.

The best apartments ingame. BECAUSE they were designed by a colonist who really LIVE in EU :cool:

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/the-work-of-ulla-jamira-braun.11102/

Last edited:
How do we help MA?

I don't think that would work and it's not the right approach. It's essential to allow players to voice their opinions be they good or bad. Freedom of speech and thought should be a universal right period. If a forum fails to provide that players would and should just simply create a forum that does allow them to do so.

I do agree with you though on some of the problems this forum faces but your solution is not a solution to those problems. It would simply create more problems.

There was a thread I made on this topic or similar to this topic about a healthy forum perhaps some ideas there could be useful.

As we know, MindArk hasn't done the best job EVER, yes, some good times, but outweighed by the glitches, problems, etc. How should the community, MA, or other groups help MA stay afloat? Post here on suggestions. REMEMBER: must be senseible AND fair for both sides. (Us, MA)

My response: Community needs to act. Fast.

My response: Yah lets also start rewarding thieves by giving them more money.

I tend to try to give people a taste of their own medicine

You try but yet you regularly fail.

Magyar_Republic said:
I've come to the conclusion over years of doing this that it simply is not possible to remedy this community, because the community itself refuses to see its own reflection for what it is.

Nothing a good gulag cannot cure.

Legally force all websites that use those names into some form of compliance, or prosecute them for libel and collect damages.

Shut down the trash sites, or remove them from being a factor by lowering their google page rank so that desirable information about the product ranks first.

WOW!

Good thing MA is broke. But by all means, you can set up some death squads yourself to deal with the dissenters.

To mods: Serica, it you are about to leave these kind of posts (and I really want them to stay, eventually lock their editing) I hope you will leave this counter-opinion too. After all, you do not want to enforce this guy beliefs that he's giving "people a taste of their own medicine", or his wet-dreams of total and absolute control, right?

This is where a delusional world leads, and delusional people (either by ignorance or by being subjected to reality-obscuring substances) support. Stay real!

You guys can have a positive impact right now, as you preach positive thinking - MA is having a repossession sale. Is time to put your money where your mouth is.

well some competition would be a good thing imo, maybe that will become a reality eventually with two titles which are aiming for the same type of model, but I am doubtful they will be successful personally.
Not much else can do externally other than asking the devs for this and that, plus hope for some structural change within the company and a change in culture to more what most would expect or feel it should be. Of course the players often have too much expectations but hey.. deal with it

And to the hater haters.. well, for a company like ma, or any company for that matter, one of the most important things is management of expectations so yeah, if people are lead to believe that this and that feature will become available by a certain time, they will naturally be displeased if it isn't. And if people plan a playing style based on seemingly continual game dynamics and then those dynamics suddenly change without warning, then yeah your gonna be pissed aren't you? And if your expecting your withdrawal in your bank and its late.. by a month.. then your gonna be pissed.. RIGHT? its not just the forum its in the game too people get annoyed about things like that naturally..

Obliviously there is lots of stuff to enjoy about it, way more than bad stuff.. But whats wrong with expressing how you feel about some fairly obvious flaws that effect your experience. And I bet if someone started a poll for peoples overall satisfaction with the game the average would be fairly high i think.

I mean do people talk on forums about how much they love Microsoft and never mention how they missed the start button? Or how adobe flash plugin container uses 101% of ur cpu just to open a fucking web page?? Like fuck, that shit pisses me off and no one can tell me im not aloud to talk about it cause its being negative!

WOW!

Good thing MA is broke. But by all means, you can set up some death squads yourself to deal with the dissenters.

To mods: Serica, it you are about to leave these kind of posts (and I really want them to stay, eventually lock their editing) I hope you will leave this counter-opinion too. After all, you do not want to enforce this guy beliefs that he's giving "people a taste of their own medicine", or his wet-dreams of total and absolute control, right?

This is where a delusional world leads, and delusional people (either by ignorance or by being subjected to reality-obscuring substances) support. Stay real!

You guys can have a positive impact right now, as you preach positive thinking - MA is having a repossession sale. Is time to put your money where your mouth is.

Wait, are you saying that the post has been edited multiple times? I guess that's why Serica's name appears at the bottom.

My opinion stands. Examples to support my opinion grow.

At the end of the day, its only an opinion though. Such a strong reaction to an opinion. Why? You dont seem to be too concerned with the well being of this product. Not that I am. I think MA by and large is doing what they consider right for their product, and I have supported them with some rather large deposits. My money is, how did you put it? Ah, yes. Where my mouth is.

I dont mind if your counter opinion stays. It pretty much backs up my assertations that people on this forum are abusive.

I have helped MA so far by getting over 8000 PED into the hands of non-depositing players who would have otherwise had to sweat for that money.

You talk about gulag as a cure. Sadly with you i accually believe that you think you sepaking truth.

This world is full of {removed}.. why did you al bring them here, can you pls leave youre friends in the stoneage holes they came out from.

Youre ignorance... i wish it would shock me, to bad we all already so used to dumb fucks pretenting to speak truth.

You using terms like gulags , haning (not just this specific thread) on a game forum. You stil think you wil ever be taking serius here by people who dident just got out of tents and found out city's excist.

I BELIEVE you are one the biggest {removed} and wil try any bulshit to get attention for youreself.

You must be quite angry at the world and life for becoming such a messed up person.

Last edited by a moderator:
You talk about gulag as a cure.

No I'm not, is called sarcasm. You are just unable to comprehend my posts, including what I meant by saying 2/3 of the world nations are having heavy penalty on certain things which in your country is maybe legal, so is not me narrow-minded, but also the world.

So I'll leave it as it is, no reason to argue with stupid - you could also wash that mouth of yours.

Magyar: wow, a -neg rep. You really, really really hit me where it hurts.. :)

No I'm not, is called sarcasm. You are just unable to comprehend my posts, including what I meant by saying 2/3 of the world nations are having heavy penalty on certain things which in your country is maybe legal, so is not me narrow-minded, but also the world.

So I'll leave it as it is, no reason to argue with stupid - you could also wash that mouth of yours.

Magyar: wow, a -neg rep. You really, really really hit me where it hurts.. :)

I dont believe it was sarcasme.. not from you , not after all you said on this forum (to bad most got deleted it really showed us youre true face).

I really believe you believe youre own shit, makes it double sad.

There seems to be a misconception regarding the roles everyone has to play in this. And the misconception is that it is apparently our role to help MA.

It is not.

Our role is to play the game, and have fun doing it. Our only role in Quality Improvement is to make Support Cases. So do that. Play, have fun, make support cases where appropriate. Rinse and repeat.

I learned this over the last few years, after attempts to be pro-active resulting in a lot of energy gone without results.

There seems to be a misconception regarding the roles everyone has to play in this. And the misconception is that it is apparently our role to help MA.

It is not.

Our role is to play the game, and have fun doing it. Our only role in Quality Improvement is to make Support Cases. So do that. Play, have fun, make support cases where appropriate. Rinse and repeat.

I learned this over the last few years, after attempts to be pro-active resulting in a lot of energy gone without results.

It doesent happen to often we agree, but i do this time

Holy off the rails batman! where did this thread go?

For the OP , as one stated above, It's not our job to help MA and I'll add to that that they need to help themselves by taking support cases seriously and compensating when it is their end., they could also help themselves by eliminating pvp looting which is killing pp's and they could furthermore make some events that are even playing field and not pay to win. These 3 things would greatly help this game grow and stop the player loss. The population will remain stagnant unless things change but I'm not sure they really care so long as the big fish are dropping loads of cash without a thought.

Noob friendly events? :yay: Sure! Btw, STOP ARGUING .

What the playerbase looks like to MA:

iffem_shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

"also, plz fix the bugs, maybe, when you get a chance, pls"

Where is the incentive for MA to fix anything?

Last edited:
This is all this thread needs to be filtered down to...

Best way to help MA is to help yourself. If you do this your happy and everyone else will be happy including other players and MA.

Question is how do you help yourself? That depends on person to person look at what matters to you and try to fix it e.g. if your not happy about loot consider changing strategies or even a complete change of gameplay. For example offering some kind of service e.g. fapping could be a new strategy. It all really depends on what you like doing and figuring out a place for yourself in this world. A place/role which your happy with...

I don't think this is the right approach. I'll write a more detailed answer later when I have time and if I remember...

...and the one you have the most control over...doesnt mean ideas and recommendations to improve are not appropriate but sitting around bitching about how much crap the game is or how it doesnt meet your expectation here or there means you'll always be unhappy...the other thing that you have to realize as a constructive person on the forums or ingame...is that a significant portion of the EU population may very well be generally unhappy with their IRL station or situation...thats why they are here and they will always have a bitter perspective...

Brick

--Mod's comment--

Strike Two. (refer to Serica's post above)

--/Mod's comment--

Back