Account Liquidation Auctions

Status
Why weren't these items put back into the loot pool? Aside from the obvious reason, releasing these over the course of a year would boost hunting morale at all levels...

I could not agree more, Cancel auction and put them in loot pool!

Its a cash grab... this is the only time MA gets the item value + MU on sales. Add up the value in USD, and its a nice payday

Is it just me or is it a little concerning to have 2x IMK2, a mod fap, 2x shadow sets (+/-), mm, etc all for sale at the same time with a sb of 1 ped?

only for those holding such items :D

but really, they should be in the loot pool, where they originally looted from. once again MA has choices and picks one to knacker already subdued markets rather than one to promote in game activity and interest. still to them its like a mini-Xmas sell off, hoping for lots of big deposits.

Why weren't these items put back into the loot pool? Aside from the obvious reason, releasing these over the course of a year would boost hunting morale at all levels...
One word. GREED.

Why would they do that when they can get much more money in a short time?

Just proves that they care only about money.

I agree with this, it would be much better than going into the AH :/

Maybe these peds are returned to those locked avatars for withdrawal? (maybe some court case some banned avatar filed against MA)..

Need some extra cash for xmas gift MA?

those items have already been payd or looted and have been confiscated, so WHY do you want to make money on it a second time unstead of releasing them into the lootpool so we get something else that the shit we get everydays?

Those "account liquidation auctions" always associated for me with some "looting of tombs".

Is not looting of tombs.. is more like stealing the boots from a fresh body lying in the street... stay classy MA.

I think the ML PSG identifies the ava

Because "put back in loot pool" is a myth and does not happen?

Because "put back in loot pool" is a myth and does not happen?

they could make some bonus category on mayhem (like melee only, no armor, or out of contest category with prizes directly into the loots) but no, they show as everytime that the only thing they care about is making money

True but... MA wouldnt get the $ for them directly and all at once.

Couldn't disagree more

MA needs depositors, not "ubers" looting those items, selling them to other ppl and withdrawing that money. This way MA gets some cash, some well needed cash. The lootpool already favours ppl that are highly skilled and have the equipment to support those skills (which if fine) but filling the lootpool with that many uber items might help you personally but most certainly not MA

just my 2 cents

Angel

For all who say that the item should go in the lootpool, the money will goback in the pool like Kim Say
Kim said:
Here's the bottom line, our PEDs come from sales such as estates and motherships. We can either pocket this money by deleting the PEDs thus reducing the amount of currency in circulation or cycle it back in various ways such as playing with it on our own avatars. The latter is the better alternative for you, assuming you want more rather than less money in the system.

And no we cant influence the loot of a single player. We're a business and how exactly would that help improve our bottom line? Adding features to the system costs big money and it isn't wasted on things that can't possibly contribute to that. (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ing-the-Game&p=3194523&highlight=#post3194523)
If they use the money of the mothership which was several thousand ped, they will use this money, so no need to worries.

You spoke my mind :yup:

I think the ML PSG identifies the ava

You can tell by the color of the coat :)

Kim said:
Here's the bottom line, our PEDs come from sales such as estates and motherships. We can either pocket this money by deleting the PEDs thus reducing the amount of currency in circulation or cycle it back in various ways such as playing with it on our own avatars. The latter is the better alternative for you, assuming you want more rather than less money in the system.

And no we cant influence the loot of a single player. We're a business and how exactly would that help improve our bottom line? Adding features to the system costs big money and it isn't wasted on things that can't possibly contribute to that. (https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...t=#post3194523)

Try to explain this (how MA make money) to simple mind and they yet still will find another explaination, been there told that.

Option A reducing ammount of ped to secure deposited money thus giving back less money thru withdraw
Option B play as insider, get loot, sell stuff/items to the rest of y'all, catch HoF that normal player won't be able to as insider already got it and those sales can even trigger some deposits sending them back to option A and do what they got to do.

Last edited:
Why can't these items just disappear making what is in use by players not cheating even more valuable? Is there any reason it needs to go back into the game?

Stryker said:
There is plenty of reason, i will keep 2:laugh:

1. If they do as you suggested they would have to understand how to fix their fucking loot system. As it is it is broken, all items would drop the same day with 2 items at once. As it would be the same players that got them they would sell to withdraw and not keep to decay with.=> MA fucked, MA need to work.long term

2. It's the end of the year, once again MA failed to achieve their promises. In MA eyes by spamming the current already overflooded auction, they would see it as a success to reducing the cost to play. => Players fucked, MA can enjoy their 24& 25 holiday weeks with family, short term

What do you think they did choose ?

One reason not already mentioned, doing it this way allows banned players to buy back their stuff.

(I've been watching Storage Hunters a fair bit) :xmas:

Maybe MA for once was thinking that Stryker has looted enough goodies and if he want one of them he must pay as anyone else?

On the other hand - it can only be in alls interest that MA is financial solid. That is specially if you have for more than 10k $ ingame.

Are we sure MA gets the money from the sell? could it not be that the banned players get the money from the sell?
I mean, it one thing to ban players, an other to take all their items and peds.

Why can't these items just disappear making what is in use by players not cheating even more valuable? Is there any reason it needs to go back into the game?

There's several reasons, as mentioned previously. One of them is that over the years folks on forums asked about the items that were on banned accounts... Speaking as someone who's previously owned a few estates in game, I must say I really like them doing this vs doing something stupid like creating a new Medusa Head, and screwing up every single estate on the planet in the process since they still haven't figured out how to fix the bugs in the developer kit that came with vu 10.

Well anyways most that do the events like MerryMayhem look forward to try sellling the items they loot and just saying with AH the way it is and with the new influx of items starting at 1 PED the items looted during MM are worthless to try and sell. So other then going in to look at MM this year I won't waste my PED to loot deflated items that are worthless and I'll never use.

I feel there have just been way to many item drops this year to just dump more in the mix to devalue items even more.

Last edited:
I have a mixed feeling about this.
One, ofcourse it is nice to see this items become active again. And I'm sure MA can use the money.

Sadly, I liked to see these items pop up in loot instead.

Also, to auction them all at the same time is kinda like, hmm. It is the end of the fiscal year; and they haven't sold anything bigger than the moon, so, I can understand them wanting to polish up the figures. Though will the real value be had in such short time? why only advertise 7 days in advance? okay, maybe so people wouldn't safe ped from haloween mayhem.

ahh, well. gl to the buyers; I guess the stuff will either be too expensive or unusable for me.

really interesting; although part of the settlement sound like a bit of gibberish; but I don't speak legal speech :)

so 60% MA; 40% settlement. Could be worse for MA, or the banned avatar. Too sad for people trying to sell uber stuff at this time.

Resellers! Get your ped cards started and let the auction race begin..... lol

Good luck to everyone that bids. :cool:

The same information was posted here, however as this appears to be a copy of a private document which does not appear to be publicly available through the Court's website (I checked), I have held the thread pending mod discussion.

Once a private document enters public domain; it has entered public domain.
Maybe it shouldn't have, but it is posted on multiple websites now, so there is really no use in hiding it anymore. ofcourse I understand that a forum like PCF doesn't want to hold the content itself; but a link to the content on a free forum should be able to remain.

The only reason to remove it would be because some authority demands it. but since this is a verdict that has been stated, there will be no such thing. The trial has ended and the verdict may be made public unless otherwise stated. And since the document doesn't say so; I think it is safe.

Besides, no other party is named by name. So you can't really state privacy issues. Privacy is person bound, not company bound. You could argue company secret, but I don't think MA will claim it.

Also, where did the info come from in first place? a public source I guess? Aren't court decisions made public in sweden? In most countries they do make them public. It is a sign of that justice has been served.

Status
Back