FYI: Melee Amps

tested on various tt weapons and a honor - all same. decay on amp was approx. 0.3 pec

The NanoRep M-Amp II decays between 4 and 5 pec per use for my combat mace MK.V, but less than a pec on my survival enblade-A, meaning at least for this amp, it decays more on a bigger weapon.

Hopefully MA / Kim is using the token trader as a way to introduce the Melee Amps and let the more daring people experiment while the BPs for crafting them are still being discovered. Otherwise they're royally screwing over the economy / crafters / miners while pricing the amps out of use.

If using the token traders is a temporary way to ease the amps into the game I think it's a great idea.

Maybe I was drunken while my first test. I tested again now with a Katsuichi Pride and the NanoRep M-Amp I got ~3 pec decay. WTF!!!

possible explanation?

I've not been able to check anything myself, but if you've observed different dk values of the amps for different base-weapons, would it not also be a possible scenario that the amp itself has a fixed eco and that it simply decays more if it does more damage?

I guess this could be tested by doing fruit tests using the same weapon multiple times and also recording damage inflicted - the same could then be done with another weapon, ideally one with a much higher or lower max damage.

Or have you (as in someone) indeed verified that these 6% or whatever % of dk is indeed transferred from base weapon to amp?

The decay absorption feature of the DSEC Laser Amplifier has been confirmed to result in a variable decay rate on this particular amp. The exact formula has yet to be determined but I will include here our findings in testing the decay absorption feature's impact to base amp decay.

As detailed in item description page of Entropedia:
"Note from the Monria Forum team: Decay is not presented in the item tables due to its variability. With the additional formulas used in the new Damage Absorption feature, this amp's decay cannot currently be represented correctly on the tables nor used accurately in weapon compare. The decay is currently understood to work as follows: [Base Amp Decay] + ( ([Weapon Decay] * [Decay Absorption 0.05]) * x ). Base amp decay is projected as approximately 1.02 pec per use.

Decay test performed resulted in a total of 1.12 pec per use when applied to a gun with 2 pec per use decay, and a total of 1.1923_ per use when applied to a gun with 3.4 pec per use decay.
Projected base amp decay of 1.02 pec per use based on assumption of x = nil which appears to be false due to slight base amp decay variance without an x factor. Base Amp Decay determined as 1.02 when calculated for 2 pec per use disregarding x and 1.0223 when calculated for 3.4 pec per use disregarding x. Further testing pending for confirmation and determination of "x" or if there even is one, as well as determination of accurate Base Amp Decay."

P.S. Hope this is helpful in figuring out the decay on the melee amps. My overall assessment is that this feature on an L amp would be most useful for low decay high mu L weapons like the Mayhem or RX 1 pedder weapons.

Last edited:
Melee amps? Awesome! About time.

Hopefully MA / Kim is using the token trader as a way to introduce the Melee Amps and let the more daring people experiment while the BPs for crafting them are still being discovered. Otherwise they're royally screwing over the economy / crafters / miners while pricing the amps out of use.

If using the token traders is a temporary way to ease the amps into the game I think it's a great idea.

Thats precisely what we're doing, the "real stuff" will be craftable.

That means most of the amps will be limited? Any chance for UL amps like for long range ones?

and @ kim: Please make the amps smaller in inventory :wise:

I was away from EU for a handful of weeks, I'm downloading EU now, but its good to see that melee amps have been implemented. Are unlimited melee amps available?

... i have quite a few melee items that I want amps for:

storage_container.jpg

I was away from EU for a handful of weeks, I'm downloading EU now, but its good to see that melee amps have been implemented. Are unlimited melee amps available?

... i have quite a few melee items that I want amps for:

storage_container.jpg

No, they are all L atm & can only b bought with tokens wich makes them insanly uneco.
Not to mention that the 'best' amp dmg wise only adds a few dmg (think it's ~5 dmg)

No, they are all L atm & can only b bought with tokens wich makes them insanly uneco.
Not to mention that the 'best' amp dmg wise only adds a few dmg (think it's ~5 dmg)

So basically we technically have amps but we are still waiting for usable amps? :scratch2:

wtf

Lets loot the (L) blueprints to crafters and unlimited amps to hunters and not screw around. That would motivate people to hunt, so they can loot the nice amps, and it would motivate crafters to craft which in-turn motivates miners to mine. Because the loot system is not a zero-sum feature, MA makes money.

I can not imagine a scenario where MA or the PPs would make more money by selling these through a token trader then they can by causing people to hunt, mine, and craft.

When is the next VU?

Its being widely assumed that we can expect to see some of those "real stuff" melee amps in the next Planet Partner update in March. We also assume that "real stuff" means unlimited melee amps.

Can we get confirmation on those points?

Also, we dont need anything that transfers sword decay onto an attachment because we have portable repair units now. All we need is this:

Here is melee amp X. it adds Y dmg. It decays Z amount per use. Add it to your weapon. Both decay. Repair both, rinse, repeat.

Last edited:
Back