FYI: Melee Amps

Society
SHOOT 'N LOOT
Diana LOVE Brand
Dear MA,

thanks for giving us Melee Amps in this VU.

When can we expect to be able to equip those amps to our weapons?
Currently it is only a wasted 3x3 slot (wtf, what size??) in our inventory!

Would be great if you can write this function for any of the next VU's.

ya. just found out that you can attach it to a tt knife. is that all? no amps for swords or other melee amps? why is there no info about this in weapon description?

now i can say:
it supports all caly tt melee weapons. no other planet tt melee, also no philosopher swords. will try now on caly non tt melee.

update:
caly non tt melee seems to work as well.

so: are this amps only for caly weapons? why no info about this?

Last edited:
Which weapon are you attempting to attach the amplifier to?

welcome back on forums ! thought they fired u ;p
can you give us real melee amp plzzz
(and make combat tokens easyer to get)

What the F** !

Can only be used on Caly weapons? why on earth !! isn't this a universe-wide mechanic done by MA?

What the F** !

Can only be used on Caly weapons? why on earth !! isn't this a universe-wide mechanic done by MA?

Its up to each individual partner to implement this to their melee weapon parameters, some have and some haven't.

Its up to each individual partner to implement this to their melee weapon parameters, some have and some haven't.

sigh , so no way these are ever gonna work on AG melee weopons then :(

So this means we'll never be able to amp a Archon sword? :(

I wonder if it works for the swords that dropped in space, wether they are classed as Calypso or not :)
The Castorian MaxiBlade - 1 ( sounds calypsian ;) )

Great, now someone buy my Genesis ArcSpark:wtg: That can be amped:cool:

the side effect from the amps are also nice.

Attachment Deterioration = Uses implant for decay and subtract this from weapon. LOL!!!

This would make sense if said weapons were bound to one planet. But they are not.

You over-complicate things. An Amp should work on all melee weapons of same type with the same drawbacks as for other weapons (i.e. use a bigger amp on smaller gun, pay the consequences)

In other words, I love my falx.

Yup looks that way .
Would it be so hard to make the amps work on all melee weopons ?

Ya. I want to use one on my archons. its cool do do 2 more dmg and pay 3% per hit with 500% mu :)

This would make sense if said weapons were bound to one planet. But they are not.

You over-complicate things. An Amp should work on all melee weapons of same type with the same drawbacks as for other weapons (i.e. use a bigger amp on smaller gun, pay the consequences)

Umm... that is not even true for the regular energy amps, these do not work on "all" energy weapons, there are unampable ones. Setting a bit in weapon parameters to set the amp on/off is not unreasonable.

Umm... that is not even true for the regular energy amps, these do not work on "all" energy weapons, there are unampable ones. Setting a bit in weapon parameters to set the amp on/off is not unreasonable.

By design? Or by the fact someone forgot to set the damn parameter? (just asking)

Seeing that NI is in hibernation, nobody will set anything on them...

By design? Or by the fact someone forgot to set the damn parameter? (just asking)

Seeing that NI is in hibernation, nobody will set anything on them...

In the case of the Chikara APPPG-1, it has been confirmed that "no attachments" is how it is meant to be. Same for Ravager Mini-Sweepers not being ampable. Really, its another tool in the designer's toolbox.

Yes, its a pity that the NI weapons will probably remain unampable, at least in the immediate future.

I think they do work on all melee weapons, problem is each PP must ask MA to set that parameter on the weapon, i sure they are in progress.

NI , well thats a complictaed issue

Breaking news.

Cyrene weapons are also compatible with melee amps, confirmed !

Hey Angel O2 Mercer,

All Cyrene weapons melee should be able to have amps this VU. (Aside from Hub weapons of course).

Cheers,
Kris

I'm waiting a response from the arkadia team, looks good so far :)

Thumbs up for the Cyrene Team !

Attachment Deterioration is % less decay for FREE! Checked in a 1k hits run with katushi honor..

Attachment Deterioration is % less decay for FREE! Checked in a 1k hits run with katushi honor..

Not sure what you mean. How much did blade decay? how much did amp decay? what dam does amp do?

you are paying decay for the damage done from amp and saving the % of Attachment Deterioration on your weapon

Damn Diana, you find words so hard:silly2:

Are you trying to say that % (percent) of weapon decay is saved while using it with attached melee amp?

Like 5% attachement deterioration means:

weapon standard decay is 10 pec /swing - with amp (5%) will be 9,5 pec?

All the rest of stats remain the same

After all, you amp some of the Arkadia plasma handguns with BLP amps ;)

(Well, beast has better eco than eamp-14 so I don't complain. That a plasma gun uses bullet packs is a bit illogical though.)

Anybody tried these on the MM / ELM edition melee blades yet?

Damn Diana, you find words so hard:silly2:

Are you trying to say that % (percent) of weapon decay is saved while using it with attached melee amp?

Like 5% attachement deterioration means:

weapon standard decay is 10 pec /swing - with amp (5%) will be 9,5 pec?

All the rest of stats remain the same

thats it. thanks :)

So what's the decay on the amp and the dam it does? need to work out eco, numbers are better than words :)

the amp cant be equiped on calypso weapon as well

Back