Info: Merry Mayhem 13 Hunting options

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
Here is a idea to make the MM a event for everybody:
Since alot of people complain about the terminator and other uber guns wining all the time.

At the entrance for the instance you are given the option to choose blp or laser weapon according to your cat level.
This weapon will remain in the instance at all times and is decay free, (decay will be built in the amo consumption) because you cant take out for repairs.

This will allow everybody to participate and have a fair chance in the event.

What do you think?

PS. MA,If this happens I want a UL version of my cat weapon, just for giving the idea :yay:

no tnx. Sounds like an idea Karl Marx or Friedrich Engels came up with. Some tested this and it didn't work out.

no tnx. Sounds like an idea Karl Marx or Friedrich Engels came up with. Some tested this and it didn't work out.

I guess you are using the terminator too? ;)
Maybe Moe will let me borrow it!

Although it can be frustrating for me to see the same people winning in and out, I object your idea of having the same weapons. The reason is what the others wrote, it is a marxist approach to the event. Everyone already has the same opportunity to compete. Who is stopping you from skilling up to using a terminator and buying one for yourself? I for one see the people constantly winning as inspiration to reach their level so I too can win in the end game. In a capitalistic economy, people must win and people must lose. Leveling the playing field may seem like a good approach up front, but more negative return in the end.

Example:

If I played for 8 years and skilled/hunted my ass off to finally max a sick weapon that I paid a lot of money for, I want to use that to my advantage as much as possible. If I can't use this weapon and mr johnny who has been playing only 1 year can compete with me, then how is this fair? Why should I spend money/time if in the end everyone will be the same? I might as well cash out whatever extras I have and play on the same level as everyone else because there is no point of owning anything that I can't leverage to my benefit.

I think the categories are enough IMO. People forget that these events are optional and you do not have to compete. It is your choice in the end to participate and you know the rules up front. (The same applies with lootable space pvp.) :p

I guess you are using the terminator too? ;)
Maybe Moe will let me borrow it!

Nope. I'm actually not home for most of the event so doubt that I will compete at all..

Everyone already has the same opportunity to compete. Who is stopping you from skilling up to using a terminator and buying one for yourself?

:)) They are referring to the Unique Dub&McCormick Terminator :) A BLP rifle maxed at level 14 I think that was awarded as a special prize in a competition a number of years ago. It has one of the highest DPS ingame with a great range :) And it is unique. So he can't buy one.

The person owning the terminator is almost certain to win the mayhem as long as it is decided by number of kills. As it is maxed at such a low level this gun can in theory be used in all categories. Hell, you can find 10 friends in real life, get them to create accounts, skill for 2 weeks and they'll be able to win the top 10 places in cat 1 :)

Ah, I guess I wasn't informed about the weapon. Perhaps that is a bit broken then lol but still, the same concept applies. I understand that this is a balancing fail on MA's end, but I don't think the person should be punished because he has the ability to use it. Simply don't participate and let the message be heard that way I guess.. but ya that is a crazy weapon for such a low SIB lol

Since alot of people complain about the terminator and other uber guns wining all the time.

At the entrance for the instance you are given the option to choose blp or laser weapon according to your cat level.
This weapon will remain in the instance at all times and is decay free, (decay will be built in the amo consumption) because you cant take out for repairs.

What do you think?

PS. MA,If this happens I want a UL version of my cat weapon, just for giving the idea :yay:

So the people who have invested a tone of cash into their gear just get pushed to the side ?

No

lol

What do you think?

what ? a man buys a gun for 500k , and then someone whould change a ruile because someone complain ?

omg i want mm to shoot with opalos only vbecause it is not fair i dont have money to buy better gun. and u have uber guns lol

How about just make all UL items untradable during each MM event or just make the events a little bit shorter amount of days so that its harder to share with many people.

only if i get a mod fap and uber armor during they mayhem with the gun as well :)

A BLP rifle maxed at level 14 I think
Nope. It appears this gun doesn't adhere to the normal SIB rules. It does start SIB at level 8.9, but I'm level 24 Ranged BLP (Laser Pistoleer is my main combat prof) and I still have SIB on it. You can view its stats by pulling it up from the available tab of auction orders. Entropedia says it's maxed at level 40, which seems to be correct. Of course, that is still a very low level considering the DPS, but it takes more than 2 weeks of natural skilling to get to level 40.

Who is stopping you from skilling up to using a terminator and buying one for yourself?

I can max the terminator 6 times (if entropedia is correct), I just dont have 300K ped to spend ingame, plus there is only 1 ingame.

But im not wining, just giving a idea

I can max the terminator 6 times (if entropedia is correct), I just dont have 300K ped to spend ingame, plus there is only 1 ingame.

But im not wining, just giving a idea

Use L guns then. All roads lead to Rome.

Yeah there are plenty of high level (L) weapons for 102% that, at high tiers have some MIND BLOWING dps.

If you are that skilled, you should already know this.

Use L guns then. All roads lead to Rome.

How about just make all UL items untradable during each MM event or just make the events a little bit shorter amount of days so that its harder to share with many people.

yes!
I was thinking exactly the same today - to make items soul bonded during events like that.
Untradeable would leave few options open to pass guns around, like dropping on ground for example.
This would remove secondary avatars in different categories and several people using same powerful guns.
This would make things fair and many more people would even tried to compete, therefore MA would made more money and goods would be better distributed.
Win win situation.

As for making it shorter it is bad idea, as people have RL too.

yes!
I was thinking exactly the same today - to make items soul bonded during events like that.
Untradeable would leave few options open to pass guns around, like dropping on ground for example.
This would remove secondary avatars in different categories and several people using same powerful guns.
This would make things fair and many more people would even tried to compete, therefore MA would made more money and goods would be better distributed.
Win win situation.

50000% I agree with the above 2 comments:wise::wise::wise:

yes!
Win win situation.

Just make it each item can only do 30h in the instance.., or whatever time it is for mayhem

Yeah was just was trying to make point that when they extend it like during halloween mayhem it really helps make it easier for sharing items. I guess at same time it also helps people buying L weapons and tiering up and cycling ped.

Just make it each item can only do 30h in the instance.., or whatever time it is for mayhem

Yes that could work too.

what ? a man buys a gun for 500k , and then someone whould change a ruile because someone complain ?

omg i want mm to shoot with opalos only vbecause it is not fair i dont have money to buy better gun. and u have uber guns lol

you are absolutely right about that. When someone spends the money to have uber gear they deserve to have the advantage, I agree
What people complain about its the fact that 4 or 5 people get to share the same gun during a event.

Yeah there are plenty of high level (L) weapons for 102% that, at high tiers have some MIND BLOWING dps.

Yes I know this, and have a 40k slug, but we all know that even at 100 dps I wouldnt have a chance at top places, unless i was back in cat 3.

Please notice that I am not complaining, as I dont even participate. I just thought it would be a good idea, but now I've seen better ideas above and dont even agree with mine any more. :D

I think that the last thing this game need is even more NERFs like this. This little nerf kills the opportunity for friends that buy gear together to both participate in a event with the gun they own. It kinda kills renting possibilities that has been around for as long as I can remember and most likely a lot more that I can't think of now. Please stop suggesting nerfs for MA, they implement them far to quick :xfrown:

Another thing that we should add is that this is a problem "generated" by a few members here on PCF. Does anyone really know if this is the scenario? I honestly doubt it but I guess only time will tell.

It's also funny that the ones commenting have no chance in taking that 1 prize that they whine about losing anyways so I don't get what it's all about. The ones with the best odds (imo) for the top spots haven't been whining about this topic as far as I can see and I wonder if it could be because they are going into the competition with a winners mindset?

Well said.

I think that the last thing this game need is even more NERFs like this. This little nerf kills the opportunity for friends that buy gear together to both participate in a event with the gun they own. It kinda kills renting possibilities that has been around for as long as I can remember and most likely a lot more that I can't think of now. Please stop suggesting nerfs for MA, they implement them far to quick :xfrown:

Another thing that we should add is that this is a problem "generated" by a few members here on PCF. Does anyone really know if this is the scenario? I honestly doubt it but I guess only time will tell.

It's also funny that the ones commenting have no chance in taking that 1 prize that they whine about losing anyways so I don't get what it's all about. The ones with the best odds (imo) for the top spots haven't been whining about this topic as far as I can see and I wonder if it could be because they are going into the competition with a winners mindset?

We could consider MM from multiple angles:

• A thank you to the players to maximise their skills and investments to potentially win nice rewards
  • An high income generating event for MA
  • A community popular spirited event

The event needs to satisfy at least those main three ideals.

It partly does this by splitting categories, with a slight problem if just qualified for a certain category. I don't really agree with the chipping down as it was last year, I think the best answer is that all mobs should be achievable to kill in each instance with the correct amour, if you've qualified for that category. That makes it a lot fairer.

I can't see how it's possible to get around the sharing of weapons and faps or armour. I know players that have long term loans of items from other players. It opens a whole can of worms, especially taking into account a trade is final.

What MA might do (although unlikely) after all the shouting is ban certain special weapons with an 'unfair' advantage from being used, although I wouldn't be surprised if such weapons have been tweaked anyhow (it's become the norm this year).

However from another angle you could take tiering into account. What's to say it costs $1000's to tier this terminator, that could mean a weapon with superior tiers could well out shoot it, not to mention the availability of the new adj imp and mod amps.

The answer is that MM must appeal to those that can not win it, to help with the other important factor that MA have bills to pay and this is one of their crucial events.

IF MA made half the prizes lootable and the other half winnable then there's a good chance it would appeal to a majority of the players that would like to compete, including those on limited schedules that might not run all hours.

Rick

we both know god damned well that's what happened for several spots last mm the HM.. How many shared the Terminator and those other top weapons. You don't have to answer we can see on stream at least 2 using terminator, neither being moe. and how many other who admitted using the Teminator or borrowing mm8 etc. so don't act like the shit don't happen. That just insults peoples intelligence.

For the next statement your just full of shit there too. I guranfuckingtee you that u lock those weapon I can think of at least 5 people who would be in top 5 or 10 of their category and yes I would be one of them. Will I?? I don't know, If that gear is shared, ofc not.

So while you may or may not be participating and we know that Fez condones sharing things BECAUSE he did it last year to win cat 3 team.. Seems you to are looking from a one sided perspective.

And for all of you who keep saying stupid shit like. get candy, and get skill pills etc.. Don't u think that everyone is doing that.. lets assume they are. then its a mute point because EVERYONE DID IT so no really an added benefit to the poor fucker that pays whatever % for adrenal boost to get 20% bump on his 105dps when the terminator is getting 20% bump on the 160dps..

lets not all just ignore the elephant in the room ffs.

If you wanna say. this is a RCE that person invested in that weapon to be able to rent ect I might could buy that argument. BUT NOT ONE OF YOU. EVEN THE OWNER didn't make that argument.

LB

Last edited:
Does anyone really know if this is the scenario?

was proven during last mayhem !

The ones with the best odds (imo) for the top spots haven't been whining about this topic as far as I can see and I wonder if it could be because they are going into the competition with a winners mindset?

the ones with the best Odds are all your socmates that joined WSS to get Hands on the gun ! :)

U guys know whats going on, and nobody is saying that u should not be able to win anything if u invested in top skills and top gear. But having one gun set for top DPS in several categories just sucks...

So, i would vote YES for a bind of gear to a Player during mayhem too.

In lower Categories (1- 3) u have no Chance to get L guns that beat 160 dps. I even doubt u will get those guns for use in Cat 4.

AND the guns are 102 % only if u are above L80, so in best case cat 4 or 5.

Back