How is this MindArk's fault?

pfesler

Old Alpha
I'm confused.

Every year everyone whines about Mayhem. Every year its a different item people are whining about.

Its the terminator now. Before that was active, (aka not collecting dust in neo's storage), it was the ISH T8. Before that, the Ancient/SGA mm's. I mean, wtf?

Good gear must always exist in this game, otherwise there will be not very much for players to aspire to. Those that own this gear have either earned it, or earned the money they bought it with, PRECISELY in order to give themselves an advantage in this game. Sure..there are probably a few trust fund babies that drop some of daddy's money into the game, but really..whats the difference?

Those same players have every right to trade it to whomever they wish, accepting that risk on their own heads. As for alt avatars, everyone and their mom has one....what can you do? <-----Rhetorical question.

You whiners...are you implying that there should be no advantages in Entropia? Should everyone be equal?

Nothing in life is like this, so why keep bitching about it? It would be like me simply hating millionaires for no reason.

The advantages in this game exist because believe it or not, YOU (WE) want them to. You just don't want anyone else to have them instead of you lol

So please....stop blaming a game that is fine (albeit with its issues), stop blaming the players that have that gear and win because of it, and stop the incessant complaining about it. Be content with your lot in life, or work your ass off to improve it.

Just my two pecs, I encourage everyone to remain civil, as I have singled no one out, and am merely making a general observation.

Thank you,

Patrick

its ok if owner who bought it use it, but if the iteam which suppost to be 1 in game becouse of balancing, go from hand to hand than the event getting lil bit pointless

Sure they invested plenty to buy or win those items so its fine that they have an advantage even a big advantage. And yes you can make decent effort getting high end L stuff and tiering but it still wont match top gun or 2. This is still fine but if owner of terminator/mod hedoc starts sharing with a bunch of people to sweep all prizes whats point of trying to compete? I guess should just go for eco and try to get one of the lower prizes.

Its not the weapons that is the problem, it how MA choose to setup the events.

And, as a good friend just pointed out, if this year the Terminator appears to have dominated too vehemently across too many category lines...

I am sure MA will do something about it for next year.

Its not the weapons that is the problem, it how MA choose to setup the events.

Exactly, in addition to the increasing numbers of these types of events.

And, as a good friend just pointed out, if this year the Terminator appears to have dominated too vehemently across too many category lines...

I am sure MA will do something about it for next year.

we hear that every year don't we.. every event.. while the gap keeps growing..

100% the gun is not the issue. its the matter of how items r not put in any state of control during events. It leads to massive abuses that just drive away half the people who would actually spend money on the event. Sure we can say maybe those same people who have the privilidge to borrow it may win without it.. but maybe not..

and for some yes, they have part of the setup, maybe they own the epic armor but not the gun, or they own the cloak but not the fap or gun.. so it stays balanced and competitive, but when all the buddies get together and team share all that gear, it defeats the purpose of balance and ruins the event for 97% of the rest of the community.

This in turn ensures that only certain people can win the new better things that come along and essentially, the rich get richer, the gap grows and they system is perpetuated.

If they wanna make money it don't need to target 5 people it needs to target 3000 people.

You please tell me what the point in making a whole new category when the same guns that lock down category 4 will also lock down category 5.. So now they gear share and get 20 prizes instead of 10? That's just bullshit.

LB

100% the gun is not the issue. its the matter of how items r not put in any state of control during events. It leads to massive abuses that just drive away half the people who would actually spend money on the event. Sure we can say maybe those same people who have the privilidge to borrow it may win without it.. but maybe not..

I think you / we would pretty much need to come up with a changed event that both the players and Planet Calypso can believe will be more fair, is implementable using existing systems fairly easily and will bring in more money than what they are doing now. And does not involve explicit bans on specific investments people / groups of people may have made.

Thank you for that post! I was about to start a thread about the same thing myself since I'm getting tired of seeing all this envy and people that want a change just to win themselves (And guess what, if the terminator was around they still wouldn't win).

Guys.. let's be honest and call this for what it is. Envy.

“Envy is the religion of the mediocre. It comforts them, it soothes their worries, and finally it rots their souls, allowing them to justify their meanness and their greed until they believe these to be virtues. Such people are convinced that the doors of heaven will be opened only to poor wretches like themselves who go through life without leaving any trace but their threadbare attempts to belittle others and to exclude - and destroy if possible - those who, by the simple fact of their existence, show up their own poorness of spirit, mind, and guts. Blessed be the one at whom the fools bark, because his soul will never belong to them.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Last edited:
Whats fair ?

Mayhem isn't only about the top prices you can also win stuff by participating from special loots. I agree that it's impossible to win if you can't hold certain guns, armors and faps but whats the meaning of competive ? By my definition competive means to gather everything that gives you the edge over the rest. If a certain group of participants managed to build trust and share some awesome equipment they just did everything right and win. Is that fair to the rest ? Hell no , but being competive is not about fairness, it never was. It is also easy to critize mindark for this events but what setup would you like to see to make it fair (whatever this word means because "fair" is something else for different persons)

Maybe make the prices less valueable and drop more stuff into the loot itself ?
Maybe hide points archived ? Maybe random draw all prices for the top 100 so place 1 and 100 got the same chance of looting the top price ? Dosnt that sound like crap ? Yes it does. So whats fair and how to make it fair ?
Dosn't fair and competive exclude each other ?

I beat just for the prices in loot, manny people will still attend and not going for the main prices by score but for the lucky drop.

Thank you for that post! I was about to start a thread about the same thing myself since I'm getting tired of seeing all this envy and people that want a change just to win themselves (And guess what, if the terminator was around they still wouldn't win).

Guys.. let's be honest and call this for what it is. Envy.

“Envy is the religion of the mediocre. It comforts them, it soothes their worries, and finally it rots their souls, allowing them to justify their meanness and their greed until they believe these to be virtues. Such people are convinced that the doors of heaven will be opened only to poor wretches like themselves who go through life without leaving any trace but their threadbare attempts to belittle others and to exclude - and destroy if possible - those who, by the simple fact of their existence, show up their own poorness of spirit, mind, and guts. Blessed be the one at whom the fools bark, because his soul will never belong to them.”
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón

I don't see it as envy, I see it more like... if I have (and I really don't) no chance of winning why would I even bother? If enough people do that prizes either have to be lowered, either system has to be re-done. Maybe the "terminator" system gets more peds cycled than if everyone had a chance and spent as much as they afforded, who knows?

As for me, I currently see no point in competing.

I don't see it as envy, I see it more like... if I have (and I really don't) no chance of winning why would I even bother? If enough people do that prizes either have to be lowered, either system has to be re-done. Maybe the "terminator" system gets more peds cycled than if everyone had a chance and spent as much as they afforded, who knows?

As for me, I currently see no point in competing.

I got the same thing with Olympics and World Cup. I don't see any point competing as long they are as good as they are. I need them to run slower, swim slower, ski slower, jump shorter and so on before I will bother to attend to any of those events!

I've never looked at MM with envy either. If I entered the solo event, which I have done many years using L guns, it's on the hope of looting a cool item in the pool, and crossing fingers I could do the whole event with a reasonable budget and get good entertainment value for my money. As long as it didn't cost me too much I was fairly happy.

I pretty much accepted that you would need to invest huge amounts of money to win it, and I never was prepared to throw $1000's at one event. As long as MA throw in a few lootable 'cool' items into the mix, it's worth taking part for all.

Anyway Fez if your doing team again, I can plan to be a shooter if interested.

Rick

I got the same thing with Olympics and World Cup. I don't see any point competing as long they are as good as they are. I need them to run slower, swim slower, ski slower, jump shorter and so on before I will bother to attend to any of those events!

No matter how much I shoot or skill, I won't be able to compete with the terminator.

The guy using terminator and the guy using opalo have the same auto tool feature available.

Guns so imbalanced together with the ability to shared them among other players, create no motivation to skill and gear to participate to MM like events. That desire will generate markup for hunters like you and me.

I'm not about removing these weapons from game but making so that if I buy the gun, only I and nobody else to use it.

Why not? Get a Jashonich SIF-O and a mod evil and you have same dps ... and ofc we will see bigger weapons in future

It's alot easier to whine about it than to actually do something about it or take the challenge.

Why not? Get a Jashonich SIF-O and a mod evil and you have same dps ... and ofc we will see bigger weapons in future

Sell an L Sif 0 that is already tiered to that kinda dps and will run 40 hours or shut the fuck up with the bs nonsense u know god damned well cant happen.

you lack the range.

Sell an L Sif 0 that is already tiered to that kinda dps and will run 40 hours or shut the fuck up with the bs nonsense u know god damned well cant happen.

you can't come up with the idea of doing that 1 week before MM. It's not a big problem to collect enough guns if you spent a year preparing tho. Should winning be easy?

In my eyes, MA has fault in only in to solve all their problems through the eternal nerfs since year 2006 and more recently to reduced the MU in the loot and also in ours skills and they made ​​sure that the prices of ul-items have dropped drastically.

So MA has decreased the value of everything we have and now they want us to pay more for the same thing in the game play.

Just that I have always opposed to and will always do that.

:twocents:

Lol stop whining and try finding ways instead...todays events contain a luck factor so pure dps are not enough anyway and there is only one terminator outside + you can increase your dps with arson chip + you can tier your sif O with normal hunting and save them for that big event + whatever your brain can do for you

you lack the range.
You dont need range in theese events and I choosed that gun because I Know you are a handgunner, I Know there is another (L) rifle with even more dps than that Terminator but I never saw it buyable

Last edited:
Its not what this is all about, its about 10-20 ppl using same gun snatchin all top prizes.

So that gun is going to be used for 800 hours during the event that last from 20th dec to 12th jan? Let me remind you that the days have 24hours. Give me a break. Not everyone can win, face it.

It ain't, everyone who complains about it are envied by those people. If they were in same shoes as them they wouldn't give a fu*k. Telling otherwise would be a lie, they'd never admit to that.

:wise: Newsflash, the world ain't fair. Never been never will. "Survival of the fittest". Strongest will win, simple as that. Deal with it or GTFO or in this case don't participate in the event. Your whining will lead to nothing.

Every merry mayhem event same thing. Blame MA for designing events like this, not the players for taking full advantage of it.

:twocents:

So that gun is going to be used for 800 hours during the event that last from 20th dec to 12th jan? Let me remind you that the days have 24hours. Give me a break. Not everyone can win, face it.

who said 800 hours? cat3-2 enough to use 20 n like 10 hours, after that even nontier L wep can win the prize. And im not worried i cant win, i know that well, i just dont want my cld returns to drop big time cause they scare ppl away

Glad to see a thread with different opinions that has not (mostly) deteriorated into a bitching match. I am not able to depo heavily in this game due to my RL situation. However, check me out and you will see that i am either asleep at work or playing MA. All events in MA cost large amounts of money to partake in. Even a baby trox 1 hour event is flat out shooting my biggest weapon for an hour. If I get bad returns I can lose as much ped in 1 hour as i do in two or three weeks.

Life isn't fair, EU emulates life and thus EU is not fair. Those with large bank rolls will always be able to out perform those with lower bank rolls. I feel that players should be free to take any actions they like within TOU. If ppl want to share uber items why not, I have even discussed purchasing a large gun with some of my friends. I don't do more than 2 or 3 runs in each mayhem because I simply can'y afford to do any more. I could but then I am over my very tight budget and can't play at all for while.

I think avatars should get off the envy thing and I agree with the OP, these players earn't or worked in RL to buy these items to increase their enjoyment of the game. If I won the lottery tomorrow, EU would be my first stop and I would buy my avatar UBER everything - and be honest - who wouldn't. It's supposed to be entertainment so enjoy it and stop moaning - otherwise go play WOW with all the other children.

Back