Merry Mayhem 2013

I don't see anything about teaming not being allowed in Solo Category. Is that allowed again? :)

It says:

Rules & Notes
The solo category events are intended for solo hunters. Any attempt at abusing team mechanics or any other Entropia Universe systems or features in order to gain an unfair advantage over other participants will be grounds for disqualification from the event, forfeiture of any prizes, and possible sanctions imposed on one’s Entropia Universe account.

:dunno:

OH MY GOD did they really just completely revamp the meyham system so that its not a complete cc contest? Do my eyes decieve me? Did they actually just make this a real balanced competition? :eyecrazy:

I give credit where its due MA, This is a good move, all is forgiven., you just won me back. I might just depo again:yup:

ok so from what I see, some improvements and some drawbacks most of which have been listed the 2 im not clear on are.

about how crashes are calucated... which many have asked

and what nobody has yet to ask

it appears that the more u hunt over the 30hr. the worse it is for you.

statistically speaking...

30 hr done 1000pt = 33.333 per hour

90 hr done 2500pt = 27.777 per hour average overall

but lets assume that in this scenario the first 30hr had

30 hr done 2000pt = 66.666 per hour and the other hours were just wanting to ENJOY the event mobs and bosses as the announcement claimed so you did much less killing your actually going to lose because you couldn't maintain the mean average kill rate cause u wanted to fuck off, chat etc.

am I right? or did I miss something

I can only hope that we don't get pwn'd my gear sharing but I guess only time will tell.

Could you elaborate to me how a team can "cheat" ... Sorry, but I wouldn't even know how if I wanted, lol

thanks

Angel

Rules say you cannot be in team and win, and you go in team (again and again) and win. Cheating is breaking the rules intentionally, for whatever purpose.

What the benefits are or aren't to teaming I am not certain, but MA made it a point to make the rule and reiterate that rule more than once in capital letters even.

MA made it a point to say these people would not be winning and yet some did....while others were disqualified for exactly that.

There simply is no trust from me to anything MA says is a rule, when they selectively apply them. We will never even know if these people went over time, I got placed with points counted and am fairly sure I was over time. I cant fault the players nearly as much as the promoter in this case to be honest.

I am sure that the odd Mayhem item will loot from the mobs as well.

I don't consider myself having any chance of winning the category, but I'll still attempt for fun. :p

ok so from what I see, some improvements and some drawbacks most of which have been listed the 2 im not clear on are.

30 hr done 2000pt = 66.666 per hour and the other hours were just wanting to ENJOY the event mobs and bosses as the announcement claimed so you did much less killing your actually going to lose because you couldn't maintain the mean average kill rate cause u wanted to fuck off, chat etc.

I can only hope that we don't get pwn'd my gear sharing but I guess only time will tell.

im not 100% certain but

total kill points divided by hours completed = average points per hour multiply by 30 = final score (+25% if u get top global value)

no disqualification for going over 30 hours this year instead its encouraged

my question is what happens if doing team, some of your hours are in lets say cat 2 and the rest is cat 3 since MA like to fuck with us,

what is the real final score? cat2 since thats where you started? or cat3 since thats where you finished? either way you get a messed up score, higher if its totaled for cat3 and you put most of your hours into cat2 (easily abused if your skills happen to be well placed and you have best gear for cat2), or much lower if most your hours are in cat3 at the very fucking bottom of the category skill wise.

I would say the oposite.

Atleast from my own experience in the last 4 mayhems, I have killed 10-20% more mobs in the last hour then in my first.
Just because you need few hours to maximise your hunting style for specific mob and instance.

This can easy be avoided if you have access to borrow/try/own an avatar in your category first, but I dont. So I have to do the best I can with Kimmi.

Wow, 4 more Modified Hedoc Mayhems ingame soon, 4 more Improved and at least 2 more Slugstorms....MA trying very hard to crash the value of these items with supply meeting demand.
Buying Modified Hedoc Mayhem offering 20KPed.

Jesus, the ammount of item, as usual, price going up brace yourself !

" my adj fap already loose value fuck"

4 mod hedoc, 50 footies, LOL ! but -1 for limited melee amp :(
MA realy want the price of the item cheaper, good now put better return and everyone happy.

Hope people will stream this event

Its sad that the great Adj FAP once 30kped each now are slipping in value each year

Wow, 4 more Modified Hedoc Mayhems ingame soon, 4 more Improved and at least 2 more Slugstorms....MA trying very hard to crash the value of these items with supply meeting demand.

Actually 6 imp ;) And who knows maybe 1 of each or so could even be looted during it.

Its sad that the great Adj FAP once 30kped each now are slipping in value each year

Its not sad, its well needed ... Its iditoic to pay for some pixes the equivalance of what most ppl don't earn in 2-3 months.

In the long run, I hope there aren't items worth more then 1-2k peds as that would really allow to attract more players into the game ... Wanna be uber, do it through skills but not through showing your wallet imo.

Angel

Its not sad, its well needed ... Its iditoic to pay for some pixes the equivalance of what most ppl don't earn in 2-3 months.

In the long run, I hope there aren't items worth more then 1-2k peds as that would really allow to attract more players into the game ... Wanna be uber, do it through skills but not through showing your wallet imo.

Angel

I'll be generous & buy your LA now for 5k ped :laugh:

dont worry. I know who will get the 4 mod hedocs (or at least 3 of them). so they will also control the Prices.

Buying MM footguards (M)

Gl to all

Statistics and your fatigue will work against those who enter to instances more than 30-32 hours.
No doubt you will not be able to hunt equally effective for 100 hours, much better will be spend 31 hours in the instances and to hunt with maximum effectiveness. You get more points.

Avatar A - Point total: 4000, Hours : 32, Hourly point average: 125, 30-hour normalized score: 3750
Avatar B - Point total: 8600, Hours: 72, Hourly point average: 119.44, 30-hour normalized score: 3583.33

So the number of points means nothing, we just have focus on hourly average.

Very good idea to turn the "30h max" rule into "30h min" rule, that will ensure that high level competitors will have to fight hard during the whole period, decaying like crazy, hehe... ;)

I guess it closes the Terminator issue BTW.

I guess it closes the Terminator issue BTW.

nope. Terminator still is not to beat. The Event is as usual about highest DPS. nothing else.

nope. Terminator still is not to beat. The Event is as usual about highest DPS. nothing else.

Sure, I meant the issue of the item being used by several avatars. Now each avatar can/should go further than the 30 hours, thus less time for sharing it. Or did I completely misunderstand the topic?... :ahh:

Sure, I meant the issue of the item being used by several avatars. Now each avatar can/should go further than the 30 hours, thus less time for sharing it. Or did I completely misunderstand the topic?... :ahh:

why would they do more than 30 hours if u have top score in average after 30 hours ?

how could i ? ist simply not possible in cat 3 and 4, and even not in highest categories as we saw in last mayhem...

Get a few more levels + get a few of those Level 90 BLP handguns + mod evil
Not saying it's easy...

in Cat 3 you can try with svempa xt...

Terminator can be eliminated only by point of HSL (maybe one place per category)
But no reason to use it in cat 3, because losses will be colossal...

why would they do more than 30 hours if u have top score in average after 30 hours ?

That's a good question. :)
But I dont know if the top score is after 30 or 40 or 50 hours.

But no reason to use it in cat 3, because losses will be colossal...

why that ? even in cat 3 the gun is maxed.

That's a good question. :)
But I dont know if the top score is after 30 or 40 or 50 hours.

the top score will have those ppl that kill most Mobs. what should Change if u do that 30 or 40 hours ? your average points wont change if your dps is same. so 30 hours are enough.

Get a few more levels + get a few of those Level 90 BLP handguns + mod evil
Not saying it's easy...

in Cat 3 you can try with svempa xt...

GL finding enough tier 9's to shoot for 30h+

Back